Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (Sep. 4, 2021) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Irish Blood, English Heart / First Of The Gang To Die / Half A Person / Alma Matters / Wedding Bell Blues / Knockabout World / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Never Had No One Ever / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Tomorrow / Lady Willpower / Love Is On Its Way Out / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Back On The Chain Gang / Trouble Loves Me / Some Say I Got Devil / Shoplifters Of The World Unite // Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of various FB live streams & setlist.fm

Last edited:
Back On The Chain Gang
Trouble Loves Me
Some Say I Got Devil
Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Last edited:
Interesting how Lady Willpower is played so often (was going to be a single at one point, wasn’t it?) yet It’s Over doesn’t get played at all, despite it being one of the best songs he’s ever recorded (in his opinion). And said single for the latter song was/is so hard to come by in physical form. Why? You’d think a recording he holds in such high regard would be easier to get ahold of, right?

Interesting how Lady Willpower is played so often (was going to be a single at one point, wasn’t it?) yet It’s Over doesn’t get played at all, despite it being one of the best songs he’s ever recorded (in his opinion). And said single for the latter song was/is so hard to come by in physical form. Why? You’d think a recording he holds in such high regard would be easier to get ahold of, right?
Because it is an extremely difficult song to sing and he's probably scared he'll f*** it up.

Also, please 🙏 let someone have recorded it and share it ❤️❤️

(Credit: C. Medellin)

Haven't the time to edit it.
Should have the band introduction and fluffing his lyrics on Love Is On Its Way Out.
FWD.

Ripper encore.
Sounded like he was shrieking "chihuahua" towards the end!?

Haven't the time to edit it.
Should have the band introduction and fluffing his lyrics on Love Is On Its Way Out.
FWD.

Thank you, thank you, thank you FWD!! 🥰 I thoroughly enjoyed it! Alain looked so happy and a bit shy, especially after the applause went on for a bit longer than everyone else’s. If I were there, I would’ve given a proper piercing scream! 🤣 Loved it, loved it, thank you again!! Now I’m off to watch the rest of it!

Not sure the vimeo embedding allows forwarding/seeking - so if anyone wants to chop out the introduction & lyrics mistake, here's the mp4:
FWD.

What did Morrissey wear that is hanging from his pants???

That'll never happen. It's been very obvious to me that he favors performing songs that are easy on his voice. I think that's what ultimately determines the songs he selects to sing above anything else. This has been the case for years now, ever since his throat issues years back. Just look at these setlists from this residency, half the songs are practically spoken word. Look at any setlists from the past few years, you'll see it's true. He hasn't sang anything vocally challenging live in quite some time.

Last edited:
Musings from the food court while sober myself up (mall culture ftw!):

So…I’m a little slow on the uptake bc I’ve been doing baseball stuff. Alain giving Boz a break? I f***ing love that. Morrissey was egging us on to invade during the penultimate sing bc he knew the fig machine would be employed as a security measure for the ultimate song. I wish i had the balls to go up but there were like four security guards watching us and I’d hate to be booted on the scant chance he came back for a second encore. Had a blast tonight. He’s always in tune. It blows my mind. Super bummed i can’t hang around for tomorrow but I’m one of the poors and doing this baseball thing. RAD NIGHT!!!!!! Wooo hoooo hoooooooooo!!!

if i hadn’t bought the hoodie, the keychain and the poster i might’ve been able to afford the closing night lol no worries. Super proud of him.

That'll never happen. It's been very obvious to me that he favors performing songs that are easy on his voice. I think that's what ultimately determines the songs he selects to sing above anything else. This has been the case for years now, ever since his throat issues years back. Just look at these setlists from this residency, half the songs are practically spoken word. Look at any setlists from the past few years, you'll see it's true. He hasn't sang anything vocally challenging live in quite some time.
I don't think anyone could really say that the songs are "practically spoken word" and that certainly goes for Lady Willpower. It's the kind of song that you have to belt out.

I doubt he chose something like Never Had No One Ever to be easy on his voice either, as it requires a fair display of vocal gymnastics.

There are probably a few songs in the canon that he wouldn't want to damage himself over, but that's only natural.

I watched a poor guy puke all over the place. I hope he’s okay he didn’t look good. He was by himself.

I don't think anyone could really say that the songs are "practically spoken word" and that certainly goes for Lady Willpower. It's the kind of song that you have to belt out.

I doubt he chose something like Never Had No One Ever to be easy on his voice either, as it requires a fair display of vocal gymnastics.

There are probably a few songs in the canon that he wouldn't want to damage himself over, but that's only natural.
agree,the only song i can think of that he struggles with is playboys,but i think his voice can handle just about any of his songs,the end of plea to guilty is hardly easy to sing.

I watched a poor guy puke all over the place. I hope he’s okay he didn’t look good. He was by himself.
Was it the portly Mexican fellow in the 200 level who kept screaming "Sing Your Life"? He was knocking back the drinks after every song. Poor feller.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom