Morrissey Central "LA CERVEZA" (October 19, 2020)

LA CERVEZA

411505545b40ee15c121bc74609c5f70.jpg

As already posted in the 'Strange...' thread:

e0e6a9fef1d1c71e1722cadaeca91beb.jpg

Images via 'dewildesbeer' on IG.
FWD.

Morrissey really does sing rather a lot about drink. I still don't think it means he's a drinker himself. I'd like him to be one. It would suit me. But I don't think he is. It's what Morrissey does. He can wheedle his way into other people's mindsets.

Morrissey likes alcoholic beverages, and it is well documented, for example:
* when recording ROTT in Rome, he and Jesse would spend the nights in the local wine bars
* when he received a postcard from the late Kirsty McColl with "You know it's you" written on it, he felt so sad that he drank a bottle of Vodka and cried
* Johnny Marr has said that Morrissey is very pro-alcohol
* Morrissey is also known to love bubbly stuff, like champagne, I have certainly seen pictures of him holding a glass.

That doesn't need to mean that Moz is addicted to his glass of alcohol on a daily basis, that's an entirely different matter to which I don't know the answer.

Any idea in which part of the world you have to be in order to find those beers?
I would love to have such a can as a collector's item.
I love a beer and I love Moz, perfect combination.

I always got the impression that, during The Smiths era, he was the one who retired early while the rest of them got pissed into the early hours?

Yeah, me too. Funny how people change - Johnny went from heavy drinking and partying to being teetotal by 45; Moz went from clean living to drinking and going to clubs in his 50s. I wonder if he sees it as making up for things he missed out on when he was young? That pub meet - who would ever have imagined Moz, sinking the pints, and Johnny sitting there with an orange juice.

It would only be natural for Morrissey to partake of a few drinks every now and then, I think, Mozmar. He's your classic depressive. I do believe he said in an interview that drink was becoming more attractive to him. The trouble is, there are people who see this as a problem whereas I see it as totally excusable and quite appropriate to the life he leads. It would never be a slur on him if he did turn out to be a drinker in my book.

The giddy, tipsy stage is okay and past that, it's just misery. I've never felt so empty, lonely and unhappy than when I've been drunk.

the tiny cuck :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: must be going giddy with envy. with Moz making 58 million last year, and having a beer made for him.🤮
nothing for LePew, no money no beer.😗 he had to give up good IPA beer because of no money.😟

I've never felt so lonely and empty when I've been sober, Amy. There's no joy I can glean from sobriety. It has novelty value once in a while. I enjoy it to some degree, but as a long term pursuit? No.

Doesn't drink intensify those feelings?

Any idea in which part of the world you have to be in order to find those beers?
I would love to have such a can as a collector's item.
I love a beer and I love Moz, perfect combination.

Argentina.

Cheers. 🍻

I sometimes think I'm being contrary to fit my drinking agenda, Amy. I feel I'm making excuses. I see more periods of sobriety than I let on. I'm far from being an alcoholic. I know the nature of the beast though. The only person who'd benefit from me being sober all the time is me. It's hard to explain. There's a lot more to it than people make out. People say you know when drink is getting the better of you when you look back at your life and regret all the things it's made you do. I still don't have any regrets after all this time. I have no one who depends on me and the only person I ever let down is myself. On balance, it's had minimal impact on my life.

You remind me of my father, he says things like this. His view is - I'm not happy when I'm drinking, I'm not happy when I'm sober, I'm filling time so just let me live my life. We all fill our time with one thing or another, chasing happiness.

Hope they release an ale with a photo of Liz Dwyer in a bathing suit.

There are things I like about being sober. Music sounds better. I don't need people. But then, I'd dispute whether that's a good thing to not need people. I become self sufficient and apathetic towards others when I'm sober. I start scheming, making plans and looking beyond tomorrow. I aspire to things. I become ambitious. I definitely become more neurotic without a drink. The trouble is, I'm not a very nice person. I'm intolerant of others and short tempered. People think that if you stop drinking, you become a better person. I don't become a better person. I just become more calculating and underhand. Me being sober would only benefit me... nobody else. Being sober would be the most selfish thing I could do.... Ironically.
Are you pissed or sober at the moment? Because your current state seems conducive to writing. That’s a great paragraph.

Are you pissed or sober at the moment? Because your current state seems conducive to writing. That’s a great paragraph.

Late night Dale is like a Play For Today.

Gutted I missed that television era. My Mum started at the BBC as a teenager & got the tail end of it.

Late night Dale is like a Play For Today.

Gutted I missed that television era. My Mum started at the BBC as a teenager & got the tail end of it.

The song at the start, which seems to be by The Oldham Tinkers, is beautiful.

That’s twice the band has come up this year: there was a show on Radio Four earlier this year, about the Peterloo massacre, and their music was on that too. I might need to buy a CD.

There are things I like about being sober. Music sounds better. I don't need people. But then, I'd dispute whether that's a good thing to not need people. I become self sufficient and apathetic towards others when I'm sober. I start scheming, making plans and looking beyond tomorrow. I aspire to things. I become ambitious. I definitely become more neurotic without a drink. The trouble is, I'm not a very nice person. I'm intolerant of others and short tempered. People think that if you stop drinking, you become a better person. I don't become a better person. I just become more calculating and underhand. Me being sober would only benefit me... nobody else. Being sober would be the most selfish thing I could do.... Ironically.
definitely a couple of things that seem familiar here...:neutral:

The joint or two is worth mentioning... I think that may be relevant... :paranoid:
not that moz would be intersted in the weed
"can't believe people pay money for it" I read him say once as a reflection of the time he'd tried some

it was a while ago
half a life time to be precise
but probably still true
my moz doesnt feel very smokey-dopey
but then again does Patti Smith?
Or Macca?

Oh well
Whatever
🙃

If Mike Joyce is ever passing & scrolls to the end of a post about beer - could he fill me in on the Catholic-Protestant arguments John Lydon reported that he had with John McGeoch?? I always like more info on sectarian disputes from a safe distance.

Apparently McGeoch wasn't allowed in this video.

& Siouxsie has a song about Israel too..!

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom