L.A. Smiths/Moz Con 2006 Pix

The convention totally exceeded my expectations! Red Lightning was great and so was SATH. The atmosphere was awesome.

Maybe next year I'll make my triumphant return the world of the Moz/Smiths conventions........................................................

So who won the moz a like this year? Is it the same guy from the my life with moz dvd cos he reminds me of lee evans. Mark is way better but maybe he didnt enter?

It was a tie. Between that guy Tom and some new guy... kinda short with awesome hair! They won box sets... which i believe the fake Moz presented them? He too was AWESOME!

rock On!

Great pictures -- looks like a lot of fun.

Silly question about the look-a-likes. Both of them are pretty spot-on (and look a bit like each other, strangely), but beyond looks, do either of them try to sound/talk/walk/gesture like Moz? Whichever of them is in the front row of IMG_1296 is a dead ringer from that angle.

Alain looks great. Would love to hear a bootleg of the RL set if anybody has it!

IMG_1296 was the Fake Morrissey... he presented the prizes to the Moz-alikes from what i gathered. Fake Morrissey Guy is also in IMG_1243 & 1244. The Moz-alikes were judged in singing & dancing like Moz... the 2 on the left of picture IMG_1263 won.

Math Tinder said:
I'm sure the poster is only confused/misinformed, not trying to be insidious or anything. But it would be good to have the record set straight.

The record has been straightened.

King Leer said:
Great pictures -- looks like a lot of fun.

Silly question about the look-a-likes. Both of them are pretty spot-on (and look a bit like each other, strangely), but beyond looks, do either of them try to sound/talk/walk/gesture like Moz? Whichever of them is in the front row of IMG_1296 is a dead ringer from that angle.

Alain looks great. Would love to hear a bootleg of the RL set if anybody has it!

Tom(the guy who wins it every year), dances exactly like Morrissey. He's got the moves down to a t, and is actually one cool dude. Just shook his hand for a moment on Sun. I don't know who the other folks were, the guy who looked like Moz, was way cool and could pass for his PIMPship if he were walking around on the streets.

I saw Jay, but only for a moment. I was too busy checkin out these two hotties wearing thongs, to pay much attention to anything else. Jay, good job on the pics. I did see that big dude who was w/Abe a few years back, when they met Morrissey. He is one big dude, and was hanging out with Tom for much of the night. Kinda looked like his bodtguard of sorts. Big dude rocks!

Oh, Maybe Jose took my advice: I heard nothing but good things about him throughout the night. Maybe Jose finally realized that being a douche to people, doesn't get you anywhere?

Richard Blade was cool too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom