Morrissey Central "Kirk, our hero" (December 9, 2019)

KIRK, OUR HERO
December 9, 2019

103 years old today !!!!!!!!

full

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/kirk-our-hero

Small picture from Young Man With A Horn (with Doris Day, 1950):

With A Song In My Heart

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow a brand new thread loads of posts and not a mention of R word yet.....must be a new record

Fair dues to Kirk. I hope he is of sound mind and body. It's only last night I saw him in The Vikings. And in a documentary about Stanley Kubrick where it was inferred that Kirk had absolute power on Spartacus and 100% called the shots and had final cut.
I loved him in The Fury and in Paths Of Glory.
watched the fury for the umpteenth time last sunday.

Guauuu que sentido ese escrito de Moz hacia K D,me pregunto que hubiera pasado por su cuerpo y por su mente si en vez de KD se hubiese encontrado con James Dean!!!! Que cholulo que es Moz!!!! Y no lo digo en forma despectiva,ami me pasaria lo mismo si me lo encontrara a Moz ,por ahi,.Seria algo asi como una aparicion,,es que lo admiro mal!!!!!!! Todos somos de carne y hueso ,seres humanos al fin y todos vamos a terminar de la misma forma,(racionalizando,)pero algunos tipos son especiales ,para mi los buenos cantantes,como Morrissey, ademas de saber cantar,saben transmitir y llegar hasta el fondo del ser,por eso y por mucho mas,Moz es mi cantante preferido,descubierto y elegido por mi como el mejor! !!!! GRACIAS MOZ POR TU PASION,Y TU LOCURAA!¡¡¡

Kirk and Don Rickles were friends and Kirk would invite Don and his wife over to the house.
Out of friendship, Don roasted Kirk in celebration and toasted Kirk with admiration.

Do people think Kirk raped Natalie Wood?
People do think that and it's not like Morrissey hasn't heard the story but what better way to flirt with the media and get some more material for his ongoing persecution complex?
On the other hand Kirk Douglas hired people that were blacklisted during the McCarthy era for allegedly being sympathetic to communism. This could be seen as heroic.

People do think that and it's not like Morrissey hasn't heard the story but what better way to flirt with the media and get some more material for his ongoing persecution complex?
On the other hand Kirk Douglas hired people that were blacklisted during the McCarthy era for allegedly being sympathetic to communism. This could be seen as heroic.
On the other hand, Gary Glitter had amazing costumes.

On the other hand, Gary Glitter had amazing costumes.
What I was suggesting was not that being against the blacklist makes up for being a rapist. Instead, I was suggesting that possibly one might not believe the rape accusation or be unaware of it, and that Kirk Douglas, in addition to being an actor, was also a political force and that, if one were to be unaware of the rape story, this might be a legitimate reason to see him as a hero.
Honestly, given Morrissey's unfortunate comments about Weinstein and the producer's habit of sexually assaulting women after inviting then to audition in his hotel rooms, and given that this is exactly the circumstances under which Natalie Wood found herself alone with Kirk Douglas in his hotel room, and given that Morrissey had zero sympathy for the victims, I could have assumed that not only did he hear the stories but either didn't care or continued his pattern of blaming the victim. But I was trying to be fair and suggest there was a legitimate reason for his citing of Douglas as a "hero."

What I was suggesting was not that being against the blacklist makes up for being a rapist. Instead, I was suggesting that possibly one might not believe the rape accusation or be unaware of it, and that Kirk Douglas, in addition to being an actor, was also a political force and that, if one were to be unaware of the rape story, this might be a legitimate reason to see him as a hero.
Honestly, given Morrissey's unfortunate comments about Weinstein and the producer's habit of sexually assaulting women after inviting then to audition in his hotel rooms, and given that this is exactly the circumstances under which Natalie Wood found herself alone with Kirk Douglas in his hotel room, and given that Morrissey had zero sympathy for the victims, I could have assumed that not only did he hear the stories but either didn't care or continued his pattern of blaming the victim. But I was trying to be fair and suggest there was a legitimate reason for his citing of Douglas as a "hero."

This reminds me of an interaction we had once...
D6A8429D-85C1-48F3-823F-5222252DBC32.jpeg

Her surname sort of gave away what it was she wanted.
I like the scene in Planet Terror where Rose McGowan sticks a chair leg through would be rapist Tarantino's eye socket. To which he replies "you gave me some wood, now it's time for me to give you some wood". Classic zombie thrillfest.

I like the scene in Planet Terror where Rose McGowan sticks a chair leg through would be rapist Tarantino's eye socket. To which he replies "you gave me some wood, now it's time for me to give you some wood". Classic zombie thrillfest.
In Sweden we say stock instead of wood.

jatte_stock.jpg

Some women are just greedy!

KIRK, OUR HERO
December 9, 2019

103 years old today !!!!!!!!

full

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/kirk-our-hero

Small picture from Young Man With A Horn (with Doris Day, 1950):

With A Song In My Heart

Regards,
FWD.

He may have been a fine actor, a handsome man in his time and a philanthropist and "mans man" but he is accused of raping Natalie Wood, which negates all of the afforementioned attributes.
She was a child actress, pushed into roles and situations by her abusive stage mother, one of which was meeting Kirk Douglas in his hotel room at the age of 16. She was sent there to discuss a movie role and when she politely declined his advances our hero beat her up and repeatedly raped her. She reportedly never got over it and reacted badly every time she saw or heard of him over the years after.
Maybe like the 14 year old in Kevin Spaceys room, she should have known what was going to happen, or maybe at least like his parents, her mother did. Does this excuse the rapist Douglas? It seems to have been an open secret in Hellywood as Robert Downey Jnr made reference to it at the 2018 Golden Globes which saw Kirk Douglas honoured with an award.
Jaime Dlux on youtube deals with it as well as Woods murder by her husband.
No more heroes anymore.
My sympathies are with Natalie Wood.

I can´t believe good people die at young age,and bad people live more than 90/100 years.I myself know two neighbours who were evils and one lived more than 90 wich poisoned several cats and a dog,and other is still living with 97 and was accomplice with the other one.Are they also heros?
Please Morrissey don't say "Our Hero" .It's Your's ,not mine.Instead of claiming heros,make a great album with great songs.That's what matters to me.

Juat want to add Kirk still married with his woman whose 100 years old.

ps, I never heard or read till now that Kirk raped Natalie Wood :(
Douglas has been married to his second wife for 65 years as she has accepted his philandering as part of a solid marriage. Who knew!
I don't think that worked the other way though.
Robert Downey Junior was friends with Woods daughter , who said she never got over it but didn't do anything about it as she would never work in Hollywood again if she did. She was the breadwinner for the whole family since being a child star and did not want to jeopardise this when trying to break into more grown up roles.
Such was the clout of Douglas as an actor and producer and champion of people blacklisted during the McCarthy era, that nobody spoke out even though it was an open secret.
This is Hollywood after all where Roman Polanski gets a standing ovation by everyone, despite being a pedophile.

The truth about Natalie Wood will come out when this man is dead - it's known already but his name and power keeps it hushed.

Need to add "edgy" to the post rating choices for this one.
Anyway did you read my thoughts on how American Beauty was really a meta-narrative about Kevin Spacey's real life?

No. But thank you for summing up the post so I don’t have to.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom