"Kill Uncle" at 30: Oddball album or timeless classic? - Dickie Felton

full

This album has some great songs,
And some not so great....
Harsh truth ...
Driving your....
Last of the family line should be avoided at all costs,
But the rest are very underrated...

Great album. Felton is an arse. As is Latta and Cooke. Anything to have their egos massages.

Harsh truth ...
Driving your....
last of the family line I love don't know why but always go back to that track and Our Frank agree on Harsh truth and struggle a bit with the piano version of place in hell , it's each to their own Kill uncle is always an interesting debate 👍🤘😉

Harsh truth ...
Driving your....
I love all of those. Especially Driving Your Girlfriend Home. Linder's background vocals are heavenly. 💕

I sometimes wonder what Kill Uncle would have sounded like if it had been recorded properly and not simply a series of studio overdubs on what were essentially demos. In a perfect world, "Sing Your Life" would be a standard akin to "My Way" or something.

‘What are you on’?

I love all of those. Especially Driving Your Girlfriend Home. Linder's background vocals are heavenly. 💕
Backing vocals are perfect on this dream like..... And kill uncle is my fav Moz garm .... Can't believe it's 30 years old mind......that's the album not the t shirt 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20201003_123348.jpg
    IMG_20201003_123348.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 0
I’ve got it on now and I will reevaluate my outrageous slur on your fave songs....
Can’t believe it’s been 30 years..
I’m trying for the life of me to remember where I bought it...
The grey matter is all but a splatter🥴

I sometimes wonder what Kill Uncle would have sounded like if it had been recorded properly and not simply a series of studio overdubs on what were essentially demos. In a perfect world, "Sing Your Life" would be a standard akin to "My Way" or something.
Agree with this really like the album but it definitely suffers from the production and the track order on the original anyway the 're issue worked better for me. Always found this album intriguing. Mute Witness would get in my top ten I think......

best touring album for sure. songs from this album are so great live.
Very true, live in Dallas is , has to be the greatest concert film of any live act.... The energy is over powering, the Audience is whipped up into a frenzy, then it all ends in disarray...
The top that he’s wearing just gets shredded to pieces along the way..

Still unsure about these three, it’s been a while since I’ve listened to them...
Musically, better than what I remember, lyrically no change really..
Still a great album🙄

Kill uncle is a kin materpiece compared to world piece and low in high school......utter utter dross.
opinions vary. But I’m thinking a lot of older fans may agree with you.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a younger person would choose say, Spent The Day In Bed over Sing Your Life though.

I don’t play it often but when I’m in a certain mood I love this album. I like to think of it as morrissey doing one of those old timey tv musical specials. A night with morrissey

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom