Morrissey Central "KAREN CARPENTER WAS OBVIOUSLY A GENIUS" (September 1, 2020)

unnamed-5_fivbok.jpg

Source:

I love her voice.

And the sad suburban side to their story - clean cut ambitions hiding family tensions, anorexia & drugs. (Not that I'd wish that on them - it's just there).
A truly beautiful voice. Interplanetary Craft is always on my running playlist.

Looks like ol’ Mozzer has recovered from mourning his bikini clad mum and is back to his usual daily rubbish thoughts.

Think so? I am not sure.
It's more likely to be the usual (bunch of) idiot(s) filling in, posting any old shit, pretending the shop is still open. For what purpose? No idea.

For all we know, for him, the full realization of death might just start kicking in.

If that's the case, hang in there old dude.

Karen's voice was beautiful and wasted on that toothless, saccharine music, I thought. Richard gives me the creeps. Such a sad story beneath it all - has anyone read "Little Girl Blue"?

I love her voice.

And the sad suburban side to their story - clean cut ambitions hiding family tensions, anorexia & drugs. (Not that I'd wish that on them - it's just there).
Sorry. I don’t mean to offend. 🙂

I feel the same about ABBA, too, tho. The music and lyrics are just so generic and lazy. Blah.

Sorry. I don’t mean to offend. 🙂

I feel the same about ABBA, too, tho. The music and lyrics are just so generic and lazy. Blah.

No! I love ABBA. But to be fair that's also because of the sadness that lurks under the bland perkiness & I associate it with Muriel's Wedding, which gives it a bit of edge.

No! I love ABBA. But to be fair that's also because of the sadness that lurks under the bland perkiness & I associate it with Muriel's Wedding, which gives it a bit of edge.
Exactly, it is that sadness beneath that makes the Carpenters so beautifully heartbreaking. Also, could a song have more Morrisseyesqe lyrics than "Goodbye to Love"?

For those of you who love Karen Carpenter's beautiful, sad singing, you might like the brilliant contemporary artist Weyes Blood:

Yeah. Drag Karen Carpenter out into this. Most of you needed to look her name up.

Melvis is a weak, stuck pig.well past his best-before date. If only the cognoscente among us could stuff all of your sorry asses in a half-tonne bin, we’d rid the world of the pond scum that you are.

Leave Karen Carpenter alone, you thought-devoid swill poodles.

You’re worse than Lizzie.

I’ve never liked The Carpenters. Boring elevator music.
Lol! ...said the Morrissey fan.

What’s the last non-elevator track Morrissey has released, l’il shooter? He’s ALL pap.

You do realize that you’re an ignorant c***, hurling water-balloons from a glass house, don’t you?

Fak Arf

It is my nickname (along with Kaz & Kazzer 😳😳😳) - because of this old Disney movie.

Now this c*** wants to align herself with a Bette Davis film. You lot really are insufferable douche-bags.

Karen's voice was beautiful and wasted on that toothless, saccharine music, I thought. Richard gives me the creeps. Such a sad story beneath it all - has anyone read "Little Girl Blue"?
Yeah. What about it, kiddo?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom