Morrissey Central "KAREN CARPENTER WAS OBVIOUSLY A GENIUS" (September 1, 2020)

unnamed-5_fivbok.jpg

Source:

I went right off them when SS had to set up a Go Fund me page in his cancer battle. A friend in need should be a friend indeed.

I’ve never liked The Carpenters. Boring elevator music.

I love her voice.

And the sad suburban side to their story - clean cut ambitions hiding family tensions, anorexia & drugs. (Not that I'd wish that on them - it's just there).

Of course, while the Carpenters were criticizing the dark messiness that band like the New York Dolls represented, Sister Karen was binging and purging with drugs and laxatives until she literally wasted away. Have you ever seen Todd Haynes' infamous student film version of the Karen Carpenter story using Barbie and Ken dolls?

Of course, while the Carpenters were criticizing the dark messiness that band like the New York Dolls represented, Sister Karen was binging and purging with drugs and laxatives until she literally wasted away. Have you ever seen Todd Haynes' infamous student film version of the Karen Carpenter story using Barbie and Ken dolls?

I posted it the other day. It's fabulous!

It's unresolved tensions that make artists great.

It'll be Moz's fear of/need for boundaries that we'll keep exploring, I think. 🙃

It'll be Moz's fear of/need for boundaries that we'll keep exploring, I think. 🙃

Word.

Yeah, Todd Haynes is a brilliant filmmaker. I know not everyone likes it, but I loved Velvet Goldmine.

Richard was the brain behind of the carpenters, Karen was the voice and if they dont like NYD or Mott Is because its different styles musically

Sorry for my awful english

Yeah, Todd Haynes is a brilliant filmmaker. I know not everyone likes it, but I loved Velvet Goldmine.

I love Velvet Goldmine too!

The script didn't quite work because he was trying to create a myth about gay artists passing the torch on from Oscar Wilde to glam rock while 'debunking' a myth about a Bowiesque rocker straightening out - which ended up being a silly my myth is better than your myth thing. But there's still a lot that's brilliant.

I love Velvet Goldmine too!

The script didn't quite work because he was trying to create a myth about gay artists passing the torch on from Oscar Wilde to glam rock while 'debunking' a myth about a Bowiesque rocker straightening out - which ended up being a silly my myth is better than your myth thing. But there's still a lot that's brilliant.
Interesting. Did you know that Bowie wouldn't let them use his songs on the soundtrack?

I’ve never liked The Carpenters. Boring elevator music.
too true,one of the few female voices that does nothing for me.sure others will disagree.

I did, yes.

He wouldn't ok any hint of bisexuality in Lazarus either. I guess he was sick of Ange turning up with her Jagger story.
Well, he welcomed speculation about his sexuality back in the 70's when it was fashionable. Too bad he got so uptight about it in the end...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom