just got my special editon of 'greatest hits'

CrashingBore

since 'greatest hits' will be released tomorrow in germany and a friend of mine works in a reordstore i got lucky today because i was able to pick up my copy an hour ago...

it looks very nice, gatefold, with glitter print... but isn't there supposed to be a booklet? :confused:

there is just the paper for morrissey-direct.com and - what confuses me a bit - another paper saying on one side 'morrissey live 2008' (with the westham-shirt pic), the other side is black reading (in fact it's in german):

JETZT TICKETS GEWINNEN UNTER
WWW.MORRISSEY.DE :eek:

(in english: win tickets now at www.morrissey.de)

so, does that mean he will play germany later this year? that the tour goes on? that hamburg wasn't a rumour?

there's no competition at morrissey.de :mad:

maybe tomorrow, when the album is officially released.

Mr. NRitH - if he plays germany: nice opporunity to get some german beer :)

i work for hmv and we got our stock in today for mondays release - the limited cd is in a mini vinyl sleeve with the gatefold a picture of the band (The players) the inner bags for each disc are where you sill find the arse picture . But the 12" vinyl is a gem - the graphics are purple and embossed and it comes with a paper wrap around with the tracklisting on it . But the arse picture is there across the whole gatefold sleeve , both sides ! arse hair a plenty !! We are only getting 3 copies of the vinyl at 18 quid a pop so if you want one be quick . Arse aside it is a very classy package !

JETZT TICKETS GEWINNEN UNTER
WWW.MORRISSEY.DE :eek:

(in english: win tickets now at www.morrissey.de)

so, does that mean he will play germany later this year? that the tour goes on? that hamburg wasn't a rumour?

Well (as mentioned on another thread or two) it does say "Gigs will be added soon" on the front page of the official website. Who knows what this all means, but with these potential gigs, the Jake photo's, the new single and compilation album, Morrissey Direct and the new album, it's a pretty exciting time to be a Morrissey fan!

i work for hmv and we got our stock in today for mondays release - the limited cd is in a mini vinyl sleeve with the gatefold a picture of the band (The players) the inner bags for each disc are where you sill find the arse picture . But the 12" vinyl is a gem - the graphics are purple and embossed and it comes with a paper wrap around with the tracklisting on it . But the arse picture is there across the whole gatefold sleeve , both sides ! arse hair a plenty !! We are only getting 3 copies of the vinyl at 18 quid a pop so if you want one be quick . Arse aside it is a very classy package !

Damn I was hoping the vinyl had no arse. This could be the first moz album I don't buy. Not much of a loss though.

unfortunately the arse is bigger and bolder here than in the cd version !! I find the picture quite amusing but it is very hairy and not very attractive !

scan!

oops did I shout?
Ahahahahaha... yes, it was so loud that I could hear it even without being in the thread... :p ;)

What irritates me a little bit and comes to my mind right now: My Greatest Hits CD arrived today. The Deluxe Edition. I read several times somewhere that it would be with a booklet. Well, I have no booklet in mine...
Who of you who already has the CD got a booklet with it? :confused: And do you have a Jewel Case one? :confused:
Maybe that´s the difference, I don´t have a Jewel Case, but I got no choice at amazon. :(

Ahahahahaha... yes, it was so loud that I could hear it even without being in the thread... :p ;)

What irritates me a little bit and comes to my mind right now: My Greatest Hits CD arrived today. The Deluxe Edition. I read several times somewhere that it would be with a booklet. Well, I have no booklet in mine...
Who of you who already has the CD got a booklet with it? :confused: And do you have a Jewel Case one? :confused:
Maybe that´s the difference, I don´t have a Jewel Case, but I got no choice at amazon. :(

calling kirchberg ;-)
my deluxe edition also came without booklet :(
but anyway, i will go to the shop and buy the jewelcase edition too, i'll try and update!

I also got my deluxe edition in the Netherlands and it is also without a booklet. I think it is supposed to be without a booklet because all info is on the inner sleeves.

M.

just got the jewel case edition too
just a 4 page booklet with exactly the same on it as on the inner sleeves of the special edition, including the arse pic

also bought the vinyl, very, very nice sleeve and double heavyweight vinyl, its massive :D

Greatest Hits - Bonus Disc

Received my copies of the Greatest Hits extended version today and as expected there's nothing to rave about on disc 1 for the "experienced" (;)) follower but the live tracks on disc 2 are pure pleasure. Fab versions of "The Last Of The Famous International Playboys"...(it's much better than the version on the Grow-up single..) , "The National Front Disco" and "I Will See You In Far-off Places"..etcetera pepe.
I just wish there were more soundboard recordings available - "Tomorrow" please?

I can't wait for the "proper" new album...:horny::horny:, especially "Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed" (release this song as a single and he'll get his well-deserved # 1 chart position...).

In awe,
-crsp-

PS: The German issue includes a small flyer "MORRISSEY LIVE 2008 - WIN TICKETS NOW - www.morrissey.de", which can only mean that Germany will definitely be on his tour itinerary later this year - personally I prefer the atmosphere at UK gigs...

Re: Greatest Hits - Bonus Disc

Oh dear, i just noticed that user CrashingBore had already started a thread about this.

Please move my post...:o

Back
Top Bottom