Juliane Liebert (Der Spiegel interviewer): "The recording [of the interview] is available"

An angry American 'fan' I know (or rather ex-fan, as they hate Morrissey now, and are doing all they can to destroy his career) contacted the journalist asking about the audio. She confirmed she has it, but has referred the matters to Der Spiegel, so it's up to them whether they want it released or not. I guess the paper could have all sorts of reasons for not wanting it released, but we'll wait and see.

It's really rare for print interview tapes to get released. It's generally understood that they are not for the public to hear. I think there's pretty much no chance of them doing it without Morrissey's permission unless they are absolutely forced to.

An angry American 'fan' I know (or rather ex-fan, as they hate Morrissey now, and are doing all they can to destroy his career) contacted the journalist asking about the audio. She confirmed she has it, but has referred the matters to Der Spiegel, so it's up to them whether they want it released or not. I guess the paper could have all sorts of reasons for not wanting it released, but we'll wait and see.

I'm guessing your 'friend' doesn't have a job or girlfriend or any semblance of a life at all, right?

It's really rare for print interview tapes to get released. It's generally understood that they are not for the public to hear. I think there's pretty much no chance of them doing it without Morrissey's permission unless they are absolutely forced to.
"Oops. We don't know who leaked them, but we'll launch an internal investigation with the utmost effort and urgency."

"Oops. We don't know who leaked them, but we'll launch an internal investigation with the utmost effort and urgency."

That worked out real well for Gawker, brother jack dude.

That worked out real well for Gawker, brother jack dude.
:lbf: Yeah, but unless Morrissey is trying to keep up the image of having a 9 inch python while giving a semi-hard 5 to Bubba the Love Sponge's wife, what's to hide?

OH.

Yeah. That's right.

“An angry American fan”...
EVleCkW.jpg

NO, editing doesn't usually matter when referring to content. It happens in pretty much every single journalistic interview for print. I just recently did an interview with a professional musician, and the interview consisted of about 10 questions. The audio from that interview ended up being 30 minutes long, and the complete transcription of the interview had to be cut, in order to meet the word limit. Nothing should get compromised or twisted when you edit things down for time/space but usually kit has to be done (Usually it's the less interesting/irrelevant bits). Any ethical journalist will not alter or change an interviewees words, and if one does the threat of a lawsuit is all too common and real these days, so you just don't. Obviously that is one of the reason interviews are recorded as well, besides the writer being able to transcribe for print.

yes, i think i see what you're saying, correct me if I'm wrong. If we're not reading the same question that was asked him originally, I believe that would alter his answer given for the reader.

Hi DavidK :love:

:lbf: Yeah, but unless Morrissey is trying to keep up the image of having a 9 inch python while giving a semi-hard 5 to Bubba the Love Sponge's wife, what's to hide?

OH.

Yeah. That's right.

MORRISSEY has slender means and explosive kegs between his legs.

Steve Morrissey does not...because of kayfabe.

MORRISSEY has slender means and explosive kegs between his legs.

Steve Morrissey does not...because of kayfabe.
Morrissey has never, ever broken kayfabe. Steven or otherwise. It's almost impressive, really.

Your enlargened font and continual ball-washing, media-shaming and denial of simple truths - despite readily available facts - basically sum you up. Constant spin, at the unrequeates behest of your sub-par hero!!!

You’re the Trump of the Morrissey world.

Wear that badge proudly son! As long as you’re not procreating, it’s good for a laugh.

:lbf:

you mad bro ?

Come on now K-hole...
Despite your apt moniker, surely you still possess the limited cognitive ability to ascertain the subtle difference between anger and laughter at ineptitude.

i find nothing funny in your ineptitude.

:straightface:

i find nothing funny in your ineptitude.

:straightface:
...and the world continues to spin on its axis AND around the sun.

Worry not kiddo. You’re not the only daft twit that’s swinging low-balls from the cheap seats. You’re in good company here.

nope, sorry, it's the decision of the medias to present the information how they want and how they want is want benefits them the most. It doesn't matter what the artist says, the media or specific media or person will or may twist what an artist says or does to fit their agenda, even changing the questions with slight editing in order to shape the answers how they see fit. Did M say a mouthful? yes he did, that's IF he said it.

Hi DavidK :love:

You are willfully ignorant. You intentionally misrepresent what occurred. What part did he not say? You're grasping at the part about editing the question. He is claiming that he didn't say something but he won't clarify.
And even when you were accepting that he said those things you were trying to say those quotes were "out of context." He made the comments about "where were the parents" in two different interviews a few days apart.
I've seen that video with Paul McCartney. It doesn't help your point at all. Paul is saying that he took LSD and they're asking him why he is promoting LSD. He says he isn't but he just didn't want to lie.
So you're saying that Morrissey didn't want to say those things but he did because they asked? Paul isn't saying his words were twisted or that he was edited.

Of course the media makes the most out of what is said. That's their job. Do you imagine Morrissey thought he was just having tea with this woman and discussing how it's only rape when immigrants do it and then she pulled out the tape recorded? I'm pretty sure he was talking to the media so that as many people as possible would here his very valuable opinions about how one must first look to the victim and then the victim's parents, how actresses are prostitutes who turn bitter if the deals they made don't work out well for their careers.
Morrissey and the press have a relationship where he says something that will get attention and they attempt to make the most of it. Paul McCartney taking LSD was something he was doing for a time that affected his personal and professional life and he simply chose to tell the truth. It's very different. Thank you for illustrating that even though your intention was the opposite. :thumb:

I dunno. I think he gave a churlish, petulant answer in that interview and it's boomeranged on him. He didn't choose his word carefully enough. I think it's fairly obvious he was TRYING to say "yes the allegations are horrible" but we must ALSO scrutinize the accusations less anyone be automatically declared guilty. If Moz was saying the dozens upon dozens of accusations against Swinestein are all unreliable he would be dumber than the current (illegitimate) POTUS

He didn't say anything about the accusations possibly being untrue. He said the actresses agree then turn bitter when their career goes nowhere. The problem is that people like Uma Thurman have had a lot of success and Morrissey really does say some very stupid things.

...and the world continues to spin on its axis AND around the sun.

Worry not kiddo. You’re not the only daft twit that’s swinging low-balls from the cheap seats. You’re in good company here.

if the seats are so cheap, then why are you sitting on my lap?

You are willfully ignorant. You intentionally misrepresent what occurred. What part did he not say? You're grasping at the part about editing the question. He is claiming that he didn't say something but he won't clarify.
And even when you were accepting that he said those things you were trying to say those quotes were "out of context." He made the comments about "where were the parents" in two different interviews a few days apart.
I've seen that video with Paul McCartney. It doesn't help your point at all. Paul is saying that he took LSD and they're asking him why he is promoting LSD. He says he isn't but he just didn't want to lie.
So you're saying that Morrissey didn't want to say those things but he did because they asked? Paul isn't saying his words were twisted or that he was edited.

Of course the media makes the most out of what is said. That's their job. Do you imagine Morrissey thought he was just having tea with this woman and discussing how it's only rape when immigrants do it and then she pulled out the tape recorded? I'm pretty sure he was talking to the media so that as many people as possible would here his very valuable opinions about how one must first look to the victim and then the victim's parents, how actresses are prostitutes who turn bitter if the deals they made don't work out well for their careers.
Morrissey and the press have a relationship where he says something that will get attention and they attempt to make the most of it. Paul McCartney taking LSD was something he was doing for a time that affected his personal and professional life and he simply chose to tell the truth. It's very different. Thank you for illustrating that even though your intention was the opposite. :thumb:

TL;DR

Really? If they actually published the full interview I can't see why the paper would have a single reason for not releasing the audio recording. On the contrary, I can imagine a lot of reasons for releasing it, since the transcript of the interview was clearly questioned by the interviewed during a show and in social media. Why do they need time to release the tape? Do they need to hide something? That's not serious coming from Der Spiegel.

On the other hand, I can't imagine why an ex-fan would like to destroy Morrissey's career. That would be sick.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom