Judge John Weeks dead (April 2021)

Excerpt:

His Honour John Weeks QC​

It is with much regret that we report that Master Weeks (His Honour John Weeks QC) sadly died on the Easter weekend, aged 82. The Inn’s flag will fly at half-mast on Monday 19 April 2021, in his memory.

Master Weeks was called to the Bar in 1963 and took Silk in 1983. In 1991 he was appointed a circuit judge on the Western Circuit and as a Chancery Circuit judge in 1997 until his retirement in 2006.

He was elected a Judicial Governing Bencher in 1996.

Details of any funeral and/or memorial service will be circulated as appropriate in due course.

Last edited by a moderator:
:rolleyes:
2 legal bodies? :straightface:
one here one there like a fairy tale?
FH you thought you wanted to get the house
but when you were estopped by the law you made
up this bizarre story full of imaginary 'bodies'.
You knew full well that was Moz mums house:hammer:

I'd advise you don't waste your time and energy trying to have a rational conversation with these trolls still less trying to make any sense of the random nonsense that they post.

🤒

these old trolls who make new usernames start posting troll propaganda as if they ve been here forever but when called
on their nonsense suddenly act disoriented , wobbling lost inside a maze😶
then they log in as anon and give themselves advice as to how to proceed:hammer:

I'd advise you don't waste your time and energy trying to have a rational conversation with these trolls still less trying to make any sense of the random nonsense that they post.

It's amusing that you actually quoted a typical Vegan Cro post whilst trying to be ironic! :LOL: There's irony in your post, sure, but it was evidently lost on you.

Im just saying that I’m sure Marr
shows Andy more than just the basic chords, and when they’re all jamming out the song for the first time I’m sure Andy’s changing the bass line working it out to Marr’s approval. Andy doesn’t come in with
the bass lines first (however great they are) Andy is being inspired and following Marr’s vision.

Different rhythm section? who knows? it could have been better.

yeah he makes bass lines within the chord sequence but he made some really creative catchy ones that made some of the songs what they are and added the melodic parts in others which is why he should have been given more credit for writing the songs. Marr had a much ore assertive personality and the idea of morrissey and marr back to back is to good a story to have been passed up. I mean people still think marr wrote every note of music on the albums despite him having said he did not. I tend to think if Andy had been more confident then he could have pushed for more and won. Of course he was on drugs, different drugs than marr, which probably made him more pliable and agreeable to accept the money coming his way

Thanks. You just saved me bothering further.
What does FH he kept referring to mean?
People on here think you might be Mike Joyce or maybe someone connected to him.

Johnny Marr explained that he wrote the bass lines for Andy Rourke and spent a lot of time in the recording studio with him pushing him. Even when Andy Rourke supposedly wrote the melodies of those 3 songs for Morrissey (when he went solo) it was discovered one was from a song by "The Cookies" and another was by Gilbert O' Sullivan.

🤒

'surface', one if the original skinny trolls
just had jealous fit.😬
very embarrassing what will skinny say when he reads🤥
:hammer:

yeah he makes bass lines within the chord sequence but he made some really creative catchy ones that made some of the songs what they are and added the melodic parts in others which is why he should have been given more credit for writing the songs.

I think, unlike Joyce, Andy is smart enough to see how lucky he was to even have been in the band, that’s reward enough.
Marr had a much ore assertive personality and the idea of morrissey and marr back to back is to good a story to have been passed up. I mean people still think marr wrote every note of music on the albums despite him having said he did not. I tend to think if Andy had been more confident then he could have pushed for more and won. Of course he was on drugs, different drugs than marr, which probably made him more pliable and agreeable to accept the money coming his way
:unsure:

It's amusing that you actually quoted a typical Vegan Cro post whilst trying to be ironic! :LOL: There's irony in your post, sure, but it was evidently lost on you.

Where did I quote Vegan cro?

I replied to Vegan Cro, but I didn’t quote him.

His post was imbedded in your post. By clicking the reply button on this website, you automatically quote the post to which you're replying. As I'm doing here.

If it is true that - during the lifetime of The Smiths - Joyce knew all along that he was only getting 10%, and then after The Smiths pled ignorance and went after Morrissey and Marr in the courts, then you can understand Morrissey and Marr's hatred of him. But it is an "if". Only the people involved know the truth, and they accuse each other of lying.

However.

The fact remains that the 40-40-10-10 split was not written down. It should have been, but it wasn't. In the absence of a written agreement, the default position (as far as John Weeks saw it) was that since there were four members of the band who recorded and performed together, it should follow that the recording and performance royalties should be split equally four ways.

Under this arrangement, Joyce and Rourke get an equal share of those particular royalties, but Morrissey and Marr continue to earn far more money from The Smiths overall due to them sharing the more lucrative writing royalties 50-50.

I do find it peculiar however that Joyce only happened to find out (if indeed he was oblivious before) about only getting 10% after The Smiths broke up. From 1982 onwards he had gone from being an unknown drummer to being a member of one of the country's most popular groups and earning good money into the bargain. How is it possible that neither he, nor anyone around him who was willing to tell him, knew what he was earning as a percentage of The Smiths' performance and recording royalties?

From memory, I believe Joyce claimed that it was only when he applied for a mortgage after The Smiths broke up that his financial status within the band became clear. That is when, apparently, he realised he was only on 10% and not 25% as he claimed to have thought before. But what documentation or information was he given at this point which specifically spelt out his 10% share that he was, somehow, not privy to between 1982-1987?

My take is that Morrissey and Marr f.ucked up by not getting Rourke and Joyce to verbally accept 10% and then sign a contract to that effect. I believe Joyce knew all along he was only getting 10%, but then - knowing nothing had ever been signed - saw an opportunity to plead ignorance and try to get more through the courts.

Morrissey and Marr were remiss in not getting a contract signed. But Joyce was morally wrong to seek money he knew he was not really entitled to.

People on here think you might be Mike Joyce or maybe someone connected to him.

Johnny Marr explained that he wrote the bass lines for Andy Rourke and spent a lot of time in the recording studio with him pushing him. Even when Andy Rourke supposedly wrote the melodies of those 3 songs for Morrissey (when he went solo) it was discovered one was from a song by "The Cookies" and another was by Gilbert O' Sullivan.
🤒
who ever thought FH Mike really wrote a song FFS?0:hammer:
only FH Mike himself:hammer:

I think, unlike Joyce, Andy is smart enough to see how lucky he was to even have been in the band, that’s reward enough.

:unsure:
Mike Joyce and his sidekick Andy Rourke are just as bad as each other. I doubt Morrissey will ever forgive them for what they did. It isn't just about the money it is the principle of the whole thing. Morrissey was publicly humiliated it was very stressful. Morrissey should have won the court case. Morrissey and Johnny Marr were on the right side. The whole thing is unjust.

Privately Andy Rourke trashes The Smiths and Morrissey more than Mike Joyce does. Neither Joyce or Rourke are good people. Andy Rourke is mad because he didn't get as much money as Mike Joyce. Johnny Marr wrote the basslines in The Smiths. Morrissey and Johnny Marr were The Smiths!

If it is true that - during the lifetime of The Smiths - Joyce knew all along that he was only getting 10%, and then after The Smiths pled ignorance and went after Morrissey and Marr in the courts, then you can understand Morrissey and Marr's hatred of him. But it is an "if". Only the people involved know the truth, and they accuse each other of lying.

However.

The fact remains that the 40-40-10-10 split was not written down. It should have been, but it wasn't. In the absence of a written agreement, the default position (as far as John Weeks saw it) was that since there were four members of the band who recorded and performed together, it should follow that the recording and performance royalties should be split equally four ways.

Under this arrangement, Joyce and Rourke get an equal share of those particular royalties, but Morrissey and Marr continue to earn far more money from The Smiths overall due to them sharing the more lucrative writing royalties 50-50.

I do find it peculiar however that Joyce only happened to find out (if indeed he was oblivious before) about only getting 10% after The Smiths broke up. From 1982 onwards he had gone from being an unknown drummer to being a member of one of the country's most popular groups and earning good money into the bargain. How is it possible that neither he, nor anyone around him who was willing to tell him, knew what he was earning as a percentage of The Smiths' performance and recording royalties?

From memory, I believe Joyce claimed that it was only when he applied for a mortgage after The Smiths broke up that his financial status within the band became clear. That is when, apparently, he realised he was only on 10% and not 25% as he claimed to have thought before. But what documentation or information was he given at this point which specifically spelt out his 10% share that he was, somehow, not privy to between 1982-1987?

My take is that Morrissey and Marr f.ucked up by not getting Rourke and Joyce to verbally accept 10% and then sign a contract to that effect. I believe Joyce knew all along he was only getting 10%, but then - knowing nothing had ever been signed - saw an opportunity to plead ignorance and try to get more through the courts.

Morrissey and Marr were remiss in not getting a contract signed. But Joyce was morally wrong to seek money he knew he was not really entitled to.
🤥
if you think a scammer like FH Mike didnt know he was getting 10 percent you need to have your senses checked
at the hospital for stupidity:hammer:
but the clueless judge took Moz money and parceled it out as if it was the dole. commie clueless judge:hammer:

Mike Joyce and his sidekick Andy Rourke are just as bad as each other. I doubt Morrissey will ever forgive them for what they did. It isn't just about the money it is the principle of the whole thing. Morrissey was publicly humiliated it was very stressful. Morrissey should have won the court case. Morrissey and Johnny Marr were on the right side. The whole thing is unjust.

Privately Andy Rourke trashes The Smiths and Morrissey more than Mike Joyce does. Neither Joyce or Rourke are good people. Andy Rourke is mad because he didn't get as much money as Mike Joyce. Johnny Marr wrote the basslines in The Smiths. Morrissey and Johnny Marr were The Smiths!
No, he didn't.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom