Jonathon Ross and Russell Brand effigies to be burned Saturday

theneverplayedsymphony

The World's Forgotten Boy
A twin effigy of Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand will be set on fire as part of a Kent bonfire society's Guy Fawkes celebrations.

The celebrity guy depicts Ross clutching a BBC contract in his right hand and holding a dog with Brand's head under his left arm.

Brand resigned from Radio 2 and Ross was suspended after making lewd prank calls to actor Andrew Sachs.

Edenbridge Bonfire Society will burn the effigy in Edenbridge on Saturday.

Members of the society said they thought the shamed celebrities would be the ideal topical choice for their annual guy.

Charles Laver, coordinator of the bonfire society, said: "We chose Jonathan Ross because he's been a big personality in the news lately, along with Russell Brand.

"They're two little boys who have been caught playing and being silly."

The group will ignite the effigy of the pair during the town's Guy Fawkes Night celebrations which include a torchlight procession and fireworks display.

Last year's celebrity guy was Cherie Blair. Other past effigies have included racing pundit John McCririck, Saddam Hussein and politicians John Prescott and Edwina Currie.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/7711020.stm

Just in case, you didn't know.

A new Brand for BBC Radio 2?

Georgina Baillie, arguably one of the wounded parties in the Ross-Brand affair, has told Channel 5 that she thinks the BBC's suspension of Ross and the resignations of Brand and Radio 2 controller Lesley Douglas were 'way out of proportion'. Do you believe, like her, that Ross and Brand should be reinstated?

I nominate Kristeen Young.

I quite liked her when I saw her. Not enough to spend good money on any of her music, but she was alright.

Russell Brand, on the other hand, should definitely be burned. Or given a firm slap and told to stop the eloquent, eccentric, cockney dandy routine.

No. I think they should do something great all by themselves and make loads of money and then go "f*** you BBC!".

Well I pay my TV licence and I would like to have them back, nobody bothered to ask my opinion, does this mean that I can stop paying my licence fee now?
This issue has really got my goat to be honest, what kind of country do we live in when people are outraged by everything, what a bunch of arse.
Anyway, I've said enough on this subject and I am now boring myself. :D

Well I pay my TV licence and I would like to have them back, nobody bothered to ask my opinion, does this mean that I can stop paying my licence fee now?

Nobody asked that old man if he wanted to know about his grandaughter getting f***ed. Just sayin'.

Nobody asked that old man if he wanted to know about his grandaughter getting f***ed. Just sayin'.

The man and his grandaughter have both gone on record to say that they want them back on TV and that the whole story was hijacked by the Daily Mail. Russell has said worst things on his show before and nobody gave a f***.
The real story is that nobody complained about the show that gets 2 million listeners every saturday night. In fact, 2 people out the 2 million complained, the other 30.000 complaints were made over a week later when the story was published in the Daily Mail.
I don't need a newspaper that sided with Hitler in the 1930's to tell me what I should be outraged by.

Last edited:
The man and his grandaughter have both gone on record to say that they want them back on TV and that the whole story was hijacked by the Daily Mail. Russell has said worst things on his show before and nobody gave a f***.
The real story is that nobody complained about the show that gets 2 million listeners every saturday night. In fact, 2 people out the 2 million complained, the other 30.000 complaints were made over a week later when the story was published in the Daily Mail.
I don't need a newspaper that sided with Hitler in the 1030's to tell me what I should be outraged by.

I never said I wanted them fired. I know that the man accepted their apology.

Do you believe, like her, that Ross and Brand should be reinstated?

Well, neither were sacked, Ross is only suspended for 6 weeks (well, less now) and Brand resigned.... but I hate Brand anyway! I hate him a lot!:p

This was all way over blown though! On the news for about a week!:eek:

If you think about the Haircuts of both Brand And Woss, there should be a suitable main on both effiges to sustain a decent flame...:p

Effigy burners have become so lazy these days. It's time they made the effigy look like the person, i have been saddened by the lack of effort by these fundamentalists....:)

I don't need a newspaper that sided with Hitler in the 1930's to tell me what I should be outraged by.
I strongly suspect that when we get our phone bill, I will discover my husband made the other 30,000 compaints :rolleyes:

I strongly suspect that when we get our phone bill, I will discover my husband made the other 30,000 compaints :rolleyes:

LOL, what a hater.
Give him a slap from me. :D

LOL, what a hater.
Give him a slap from me. :D
it's mostly on the grounds of his (and I quote) 'stupid f***ing hair' :rolleyes: (he did sit though Ponderland without moaning last week though :D )

it's mostly on the grounds of his (and I quote) 'stupid f***ing hair' :rolleyes: (he did sit though Ponderland without moaning last week though :D )

Methinks he's secretly in love with him. :D

Tags
yummy! s'mores!
Back
Top Bottom