Jon Hamm Won't Admit He Secretly Loves Morrissey in Chris Gethard interview - Rolling Stone

I reckon this is a pisser bull ox. Rolling Stone is just some Yankee trash mag. Everyone knows that the only magazine worth regarding is Top Pops. How can that Yankee be the #1 Morrissey fan? What a Tossey.

PS. Does anyone know where I can get an authentic New York Yankee Baseball Cap here in Manchester or online?

I loved Jon Hamm in Mad Men, but why would he or anyone else be expected to be a fan of The Smiths. They have always been a fringe act even when they had their Girlfriend in a Coma video in rotation on MTV many of my friends didn't either know or care for the music.

I feel the interviewer is trying to coerce him into making more out of his knowledge or interest in the music. Waterboarding comes to mind. Like interviewing someone who says they don't really care for chocolate ice cream...WHAT :horny:??? How can you not love chocolate ice cream? Well, some people don't. I think this guy needs to try living in the real world instead of a shell. ;)

I loved Jon Hamm in Mad Men, but why would he or anyone else be expected to be a fan of The Smiths. They have always been a fringe act even when they had their Girlfriend in a Coma video in rotation on MTV many of my friends didn't either know or care for the music.

I feel the interviewer is trying to coerce him into making more out of his knowledge or interest in the music. Waterboarding comes to mind. Like interviewing someone who says they don't really care for chocolate ice cream...WHAT :horny:??? How can you not love chocolate ice cream? Well, some people don't. I think this guy needs to try living in the real world instead of a shell. ;)

Yes, but maybe he was also bored before he even began?
I mean, this was the real punchline, wasn't?
The shell can be really nice and warm and what's wrong with co-cooning? ;)

John Hamm is a Smiths and Morrissey fan. Period. :cool:
He couldn't hide, even if he wanted to, by the way, why should he?
He seems a nice, kind person, like all real Moz-fans. :p

Last edited:
People who don't "get" Morrissey or the Smiths usually know just enough to annoy/bully die-hard fans.

As Morrissey once stated:

"I think admiring me, shall we say, is quite a task. Because if you say you like Morrissey, then you have to explain why." — Morrissey, Details, 1992

People who don't "get" Morrissey or the Smiths usually know just enough to annoy/bully die-hard fans.

As Morrissey once stated:

"I think admiring me, shall we say, is quite a task. Because if you say you like Morrissey, then you have to explain why." — Morrissey, Details, 1992

Well why oh why, I dont think anyone has 2 explain why they like morrissey, only the person them selves know this and trust there own truth.
Im just wondering why a site dedicated 2 morrissey and the incredible and wonderfull miss KristenYoung allows VILE and hatefull posts about them 2 be kept on the site UN - MODERATED ?
Why would anyone who claims to adore morrissey allow and remain as such ?
Dont get me wrong, no reply is needed by anyone if you dont want, dont give a f***, mearly sharing my thoughts for what there worth, perhaps its ME whoes wrong dunno, haven't a clue anymore, mearly asking questiions thats all !!!
Im open hearted and minded, I like to hear read other peoples thoughts and ideas.

Knowing the music of Morrissey with The Smiths or after doesn't really put you in some little group of special snowflakes. Some people know it because it was played on the radio when they "first came to LA," along with other "sad rock," "like The Cure."
I think Jon Hamm might be trolling Morrissey fans.
:laughing::rofl::popcorn:

Well why oh why, I dont think anyone has 2 explain why they like morrissey, only the person them selves know this and trust there own truth.
Im just wondering why a site dedicated 2 morrissey and the incredible and wonderfull miss KristenYoung allows VILE and hatefull posts about them 2 be kept on the site UN - MODERATED ?
Dont get me wrong, no reply is needed by anyone if you dont want, dont give a f***, mearly sharing my thoughts for what there worth, perhaps its ME whoes wrong dunno, haven't a clue anymore, mearly asking questiions thats all !!!
Im open hearted and minded, I like to hear read other peoples thoughts and ideas.

this site isn't dedicated to kristeen young.

"Why would anyone who claims to adore morrissey allow and remain as such ?"

So, you disagree with Morrissey, at least about this issue?
Cheers Midnite

Knowing the music of Morrissey with The Smiths or after doesn't really put you in some little group of special snowflakes. Some people know it because it was played on the radio when they "first came to LA," along with other "sad rock," "like The Cure."
I think Jon Hamm might be trolling Morrissey fans.
:laughing::rofl::popcorn:

Yes it does. Apparently. ;)
"Sad rock"? Don't know what you mean. Uplifting rock to me.
Such a great honour to be trolled by John Hamm! :D
And, for what reason?
We Moz-fans embrace John Hamm now for his coming out of the closet to liking The Smiths and Morrissey, that is. :lbf:

Chris doesn't know as much about The Smiths as he thinks. He said the Meat Is Murder album cover featured a 'Nam soldier with Meat Is Murder written on a playing card on his helmet. This isn't the case. Easy mistake but a mistake nonetheless. Also he seemed impressed by Hamm's knowledge of Moz and The Smiths when in reality Hamm barely scratched the surface. Why are people so keen to seek validation from celebrities? I don't care what Hamm likes or doesn't like.

Chris doesn't know as much about The Smiths as he thinks. He said the Meat Is Murder album cover featured a 'Nam soldier with Meat Is Murder written on a playing card on his helmet. This isn't the case. Easy mistake but a mistake nonetheless. Also he seemed impressed by Hamm's knowledge of Moz and The Smiths when in reality Hamm barely scratched the surface. Why are people so keen to seek validation from celebrities? I don't care what Hamm likes or doesn't like.

True. I agree with you.
But he seems like a nice and kind person and I do think he is a very good actor. I confess it gave me a good feeling but it is based on nothing.
Cheers Acton

Because there talent separates them from the rest of people in ways average people wish they could separate and distinguish themselves. It's also a way to publically validate there own taste in private conversations with others. It gives people someone to point to that both people conversing have a reasonable chance of knowing and admiring. Lastly I imagine that people care about what other artistically talented people think of other peoples art and hope to have there more credible voice agree with them. It's why I would respect a professional violinists opinion of classical music, even instruments they don't play themselves, over say a computer programmers. Not everyone's just looking for there opinion because they're famous but also what they're famous for and no not all actors have no skill in creating mood presence and communication. On a more instinctual level I think people in general also equate success with intelligence and knowledge

Yes it does. Apparently. ;)
"Sad rock"? Don't know what you mean. Uplifting rock to me.
Such a great honour to be trolled by John Hamm! :D
And, for what reason?
We Moz-fans embrace John Hamm now for his coming out of the closet to liking The Smiths and Morrissey, that is. :lbf:

Exactly. If I could pick up a troll that would be Jon Hamm.
I think they are joking he doesn't like The Smiths and Morrissey and people here believe him because he IS a good actor.

this site isn't dedicated to kristeen young.

True, but we mustent forget that morrissey was with Kristeen for about 7 years on tour.

And he wanted her 4 so long 4 a good reason!

Ive seen kristeen live in concert a few times and she was absoulty incredible!!!!
I couldnt believe what I was experiencing, the fantastic music and vocals almost floored me !

Well we all know they had a little bit of a silly falling out in the end, lol but when you put 2 highly temperamental super stars like these together, it can sumtimes result in fireworks !!!!!! !!!!

I just felt sum of the things wrote about kristeen here were totally unneccercery and someone had 2 say somthing............. unfortunatly or fortuantly, as the case may be, it was me!

"Why would anyone who claims to adore morrissey allow and remain as such ?"

So, you disagree with Morrissey, at least about this issue?
Cheers Midnite

I probably disagrea with morrissey on number of issues Quando quando quando , how ever Im one of morrisseys biggest fans, I use 2 listen 2 his fantastic music non stop for hour after hour every single evening!

I know every snigle word of every single track hes ever wrote !
Plus hes an out spoken animal rights activist 2 !

These days how ever I listen for just a few hours coz I play kristeens fantastic music 2 ! :)

True, but we mustent forget that morrissey was with Kristeen for about 7 years on tour.

And he wanted her 4 so long 4 a good reason!

Ive seen kristeen live in concert a few times and she was absoulty incredible!!!!
I couldnt believe what I was experiencing, the fantastic music and vocals almost floored me !

Well we all know they had a little bit of a silly falling out in the end, lol but when you put 2 highly temperamental super stars like these together, it can sumtimes result in fireworks !!!!!! !!!!

I just felt sum of the things wrote about kristeen here were totally unneccercery and someone had 2 say somthing............. unfortunatly or fortuantly, as the case may be, it was me!

I probably disagrea with morrissey on number of issues Quando quando quando , how ever Im one of morrisseys biggest fans, I use 2 listen 2 his fantastic music non stop for hour after hour every single evening!

I know every snigle word of every single track hes ever wrote !
Plus hes an out spoken animal rights activist 2 !

These days how ever I listen for just a few hours coz I play kristeens fantastic music 2 ! :)

Okay MIDNITE, I understand.
It was not criticism in any way.
I wish I could share your enthusiasm for Kristeen Young.
Although I have to say her contributions to Morrissey's albums I really liked. :thumb:
Cheers

Okay MIDNITE, I understand.
It was not criticism in any way.
I wish I could share your enthusiasm for Kristeen Young.
Although I have to say her contributions to Morrissey's albums I really liked. :thumb:
Cheers

Be careful what ya wish 4, It may just come true !
I may end up going completey off topic and posting a load of kristeenYoungs u tube videos up on this topic 4 u LOL :) (its not unheard of !, ive done it quite a few times before in the past!!!! )

Shes really good, we all know that but there does seem 2 be a few people on morrissey-solo slightly lost and in the dark about her!

Tell ya all what im going 2 do soon , yes Im 2 kind I know, but Im gong 2 do a loverly little u tube video of sum of kristeens music, not the full songs of course, u will all have to buy the albums of her website if ya want the full songs, but a good few seconds of a good few songs as some of her earlier work is simply wonderfull and unless you have all her CD albums like I have you may not of heard the music, I PROMICE all those not really familair with her work that will be very very pleasanlty surprised by just how good she really is ! ! !

I will post a link 2 the u tube video on this site once Ive done it ! :)

Im glad you liked her contibutions 2 morrisseys albums, me 2 !

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom