Johnny's strings

Mars_Rover

Anyone know what kind of strings Mr. Marr uses on his guitar?

Thank you in advance.

Daddario acoustic strings and Ernie Ball electric.

Smarty pants! Thank you. I too use Ernie Ball strings (super slinky). I bought them cause I heard Jimmy Page uses them.

Hmm. Page uses a lighter gauge, .008 to be specific. He does more - I was going to say bending but that could be taken the wrong way!

I've since heard several people say that the D'addario acoustic strings go flat after a few uses. People talk all kinds of sh*t on the Internet though...

Not sure if its been shared before but Johnny talks about a few music related things, he also plays excerpts from

Songs played (times approximate): 00:00 What Difference Does It Make? - the Smiths 1:00 That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore - the Smiths 2:00 There Is a Light That Never Goes Out - the Smiths 3:23 Hi Hello - Johnny Marr/Call the Comet 5:00 How Soon Is Now - the Smiths 6:50 Walk Into the Sea - Johnny Marr/Call the Comet 8:40 Headmaster Ritual - the Smiths 10:09 Accept Yourself - the Smiths 10:58 Bug - Johnny Marr/Call the Comet 13:13 Still Ill - the Smiths 14:15 That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore - the Smiths

Not sure if its been shared before but Johnny talks about a few music related things, he also plays excerpts from

Songs played (times approximate): 00:00 What Difference Does It Make? - the Smiths 1:00 That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore - the Smiths 2:00 There Is a Light That Never Goes Out - the Smiths 3:23 Hi Hello - Johnny Marr/Call the Comet 5:00 How Soon Is Now - the Smiths 6:50 Walk Into the Sea - Johnny Marr/Call the Comet 8:40 Headmaster Ritual - the Smiths 10:09 Accept Yourself - the Smiths 10:58 Bug - Johnny Marr/Call the Comet 13:13 Still Ill - the Smiths 14:15 That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore - the Smiths

That is lovely. A real treasure.

Another interesting one here, at about 27.30 there's a nice moment where he mentions Morrissey putting vocals in unexpected places and how he worked around that.

Another interesting one here, at about 27.30 there's a nice moment where he mentions Morrissey putting vocals in unexpected places and how he worked around that.

very nice :thumb: thanks

Back
Top Bottom