Johnny's strings

Mars_Rover

Anyone know what kind of strings Mr. Marr uses on his guitar?

Thank you in advance.

Scarlet Ibis

The Chicken of D.C.
Daddario acoustic strings and Ernie Ball electric.

Mars_Rover

Smarty pants! Thank you. I too use Ernie Ball strings (super slinky). I bought them cause I heard Jimmy Page uses them.

Mars_Rover

Hmm. Page uses a lighter gauge, .008 to be specific. He does more - I was going to say bending but that could be taken the wrong way!

I've since heard several people say that the D'addario acoustic strings go flat after a few uses. People talk all kinds of sh*t on the Internet though...

Surface

Vegan Cro’s parents regret the condom splitting
Not sure if its been shared before but Johnny talks about a few music related things, he also plays excerpts from

Songs played (times approximate): 00:00 What Difference Does It Make? - the Smiths 1:00 That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore - the Smiths 2:00 There Is a Light That Never Goes Out - the Smiths 3:23 Hi Hello - Johnny Marr/Call the Comet 5:00 How Soon Is Now - the Smiths 6:50 Walk Into the Sea - Johnny Marr/Call the Comet 8:40 Headmaster Ritual - the Smiths 10:09 Accept Yourself - the Smiths 10:58 Bug - Johnny Marr/Call the Comet 13:13 Still Ill - the Smiths 14:15 That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore - the Smiths

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Not sure if its been shared before but Johnny talks about a few music related things, he also plays excerpts from

Songs played (times approximate): 00:00 What Difference Does It Make? - the Smiths 1:00 That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore - the Smiths 2:00 There Is a Light That Never Goes Out - the Smiths 3:23 Hi Hello - Johnny Marr/Call the Comet 5:00 How Soon Is Now - the Smiths 6:50 Walk Into the Sea - Johnny Marr/Call the Comet 8:40 Headmaster Ritual - the Smiths 10:09 Accept Yourself - the Smiths 10:58 Bug - Johnny Marr/Call the Comet 13:13 Still Ill - the Smiths 14:15 That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore - the Smiths

That is lovely. A real treasure.

Surface

Vegan Cro’s parents regret the condom splitting
Another interesting one here, at about 27.30 there's a nice moment where he mentions Morrissey putting vocals in unexpected places and how he worked around that.

Ketamine Sun

<><><><><><><><><><>

Another interesting one here, at about 27.30 there's a nice moment where he mentions Morrissey putting vocals in unexpected places and how he worked around that.

very nice :thumb: thanks

Top Bottom