Johnny to be featured on BBC acoustic documentary

Thank you for the upload, egosheep.
Someone mentioned "Unhappy Birthday"?

On Johnny's site he said some time ago that he would play Unhappy Birthday and Queen Bitch. Which he didn't, or may have done and then got discarded. Unless it was subconscious, I swear I heard Unhappy Birthday in the background more than once.

P.

Not that I doubt it, but when did he say that? He has named different favorites over the years, I'm sure.

Which is beside the point, I'm sure he could nail most Smiths tunes without missing a beat!

Oh, yeah - I'm sure he could pick a different favourite for every day of the week (couldn't we all?). I was reading 'Mozipedia' by Simon Goddard and it quotes Marr as saying that 'the title alone was worthy of a single', and that he wore the tape out from playing it in the car so much. In recent years I've also heard him name "Hand in Glove", "Stop Me..." and "How Is Now?" as his favourites, but I expect he loves them all. Someone once asked him on Twitter which one was his favourite, and he said something like, "Sheila Take A Charming Bigmouth Barbarism Panic" :p He also said in the early 2000s that hearing the vocal being put to "I Know It's Over" was one of the highlights of his whole career.

Last edited:
Oh, yeah - I'm sure he could pick a different favourite for every day of the week (couldn't we all?). I was reading 'Mozipedia' by Simon Goddard and it quotes Marr as saying that 'the title alone was worthy of a single', and that he wore the tape out from playing it in the car so much. In recent years I've also heard him name "Hand in Glove", "Stop Me..." and "How Is Now?" as his favourites, but I expect he loves them all. Someone once asked him on Twitter which one was his favourite, and he said something like, "Sheila Take A Charming Bigmouth Barbarism Panic" :p He also said in the early 2000s that hearing the vocal being put to "I Know It's Over" was one of the highlights of his whole career.

Yeah, those were some of the ones I was thinking of as well. I also remember him mentioning "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me" as his favorite one time.

Aside from wanting to see Morrissey sit next to Johnny as he plays that acoustic and simply sing I'd also like to see Gannon (check out the clips in the Youtube window) as Morrissey's touring guitarist. He's still really got it.

Last edited:
I remember Johnny saying that his early riffs were folk stuff sped up. I also remember them saying how hard 'This Charming Man' was to play. They should try 'Girl Afraid' I'd love to see Johnny do that on the acoustic. This all begs the question as to why there are no decent Smiths acoustic covers on youtube.

Come back to five and dime , Jimmy Dean,Jimmy Dean is in my tp 10 all time favourit movies

great riff Johnny plays, sorry Morrissey's Lads, here something to learn, and put those in your USA/Mexico
setlist

Boz surely must can do that riff and Jesse on electric guitar and sound pedals

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom