Johnny Rogan Dies (February 12, 2021)

image.jpg

Johnny Rogan, leading music biographer, dies, aged 67 - The Irish Times

"London Irish writer was famous for his attention to detail and clash with Morrissey"

Excerpt:

"Johnny Rogan, the London Irish music writer best known for his biographies of the Byrds, Neil Young, the Smiths, Van Morrison and Ray Davies, has died at his London home. He was 67.

The author of more than 25 books on music, by far his most successful was Morrissey & Marr: The Severed Alliance, a book about the Smiths published in 1992 five years after the band’s break-up which prompted Morrissey to say: “I hope Johnny Rogan ends his days very soon in an M3 pile-up.”"

Regards,
FWD.

Nobody talked about a "monster" Morrissey. It's more about sordid little things (business-wise or personal things) he (understandably) doesn't want to air, or, wants to project an opposite image.
Some of these have been unearthed by Rogan, this is exactly why Morrissey made the infamous, appaling comment on him.
I personally am not interested in any more "secrets". I learnt that the less I know the better it is. But anything will come to light should Morrissey passes, the usual 2-3 here (you, Nerak etc) will explain "it wasn't like that", "it's just for the money", the usual.

won’t you please.....

😕

Also, there are plenty of ex-partners who did spill some beans. Ill-advised postcards under the door, legal threats, sacking managers via third party, "Enough is too much" note to Street, the infamous fax, the infamous leaked Paris e-mail, etc etc. Of course I understand no-one likes it when things go public that make you paint in bad light. But that comes with being a public figure.
Just because someone is a public figure that’s no excuse to stick the knife in. Throw the first stone and all that.
That's not what 'Musician' said. Nobody would feel any need to 'stick the knife in' if Moz hadn't behaved like he did in the first place. The problem is him!

That's not what 'Musician' said. Nobody would be 'sticking the knife in' and airing that stuff in public if Moz hadn't behaved like he did in the first place.

And how did he behave?

Musician is saying that Morrissey has no right to criticize those that criticize him because he is a celebrity and being criticized by strangers is part of the game and what he Morrissey supposedly signed up for.

But Nerak did say that people criticize him on Twitter, etc

post#89

They slagged him off relentlessly - but no one who worked with him or knew him wrote a thread detailing anything he'd said or done to them that was bigoted or abusive.

People who mentioned him mostly had to caveat that his views were now abhorrent, but no one had a personal story about it.

There's some stuff in the press like this - just before disgrace:

20210214_140910.jpg

After disgrace:

20210211_155548.jpg

People falling out or not getting on isn't always escándalo.

Plenty of people who worked for or around Moz have already spoken about how difficult he can be, including Spencer, Gary Day, Stephen Street, Gail Colson, Johnny Marr and others, and the Severed Alliance paints a pretty grim picture in terms of his treatment of people in the Smiths camp. Are they all lying? Was Spencer lying about that fax, do you think that Gary door-carving incident was false? Why else would he be expecting Stephen Street to chin him?

Moz is not a monster and never has been, but he is a deeply flawed person who has treated many people poorly during his career & pretending otherwise is silly. He has burned more bridges with friends, colleagues and record labels than could be counted and it shows in his anger and his bitterness. He is a man who bears grudges. The problem with you and Nerak and other dribbling sycophants is that you refuse to believe anything that contradicts your own delusions, even if it comes from Morrissey's own mouth.

I have to say you’re rather right with this, but sadly, you’ll be placed into the “troll bracket” or god forbid, the “skinny troll” bracket.
I’ve followed every Morrissey tour since 91 (no Smiths, mind) and multiple gigs at that - I collect many records, cds and other concert merch but, I’m not so blinkered to identify Morrissey’s bitterness and childishness, and to be honest; bollocks at times. Will it stop be buying records and going to concerts? No, will it eck. But that said, I do wish he would think before he speaks, most of the time. Even in the shadows of 62, he’s still a bitter old sod. Xx

You didn't read it because you're exactly the type of person who doesn't read books. Unless it's those bullshit books about how Europe is being taken over by scary Muslims. Pretty much every post from you reeks of a man of low intellect. Don't bother trying to kid yourself otherwise because you're fooling no one else around here. You are Dunning-Kruger in full effect.

It's always nice to think a complete stranger somehow knows everything about you. Are you a mind-reader or just really thick?

That's not what 'Musician' said. Nobody would feel any need to 'stick the knife in' if Moz hadn't behaved like he did in the first place. The problem is him!

:lbf:

Why do you always have the paddle
out? always ready to spank :brows:
the ‘bad’ Morrissey.

And how did he behave?
Musician is saying that Morrissey has no right to criticize those that criticize him because he is a celebrity and being criticized by strangers is part of the game and what he Morrissey supposedly signed up for
You know exactly how he behaved - he how he has dropped people, tried to screw them out of money, sent abusive faxes, etc, etc. This is all in print, I gave you a list of people and you've read the same books and interviews as most others here - yet all you can say is that 'disgruntled' people tell lies or target him because he's famous. You just don't care, and you might as well admit it and save everyone the effort.

You know exactly how he behaved - he how he has dropped people, tried to screw them out of money, sent abusive faxes, etc, etc. Musician and I gave very specific examples and all you could say is that 'disgruntled' people tell lies. You just don't care, and you might as well admit it and save everyone the effort.

What specific examples?

Also, you must be crazy if you think disgruntled employees would never lie when criticizing their former bosses.

Anyway...

Who are we to judge and try to correct a stranger? and only knowing half of the tale, and it just may be a tall tale
to save their tail, how do we know?
oh yes, because they said so.

And who are we and what makes us think that our criticisms of Morrissey will change the ways he supposedly interacts with other people?

bonkers really.

You know exactly how he behaved - he how he has dropped people, tried to screw them out of money, sent abusive faxes, etc, etc. This is all in print, I gave you a list of people and you've read the same books and interviews as most others here - yet all you can say is that 'disgruntled' people tell lies or target him because he's famous. You just don't care, and you might as well admit it and save everyone the effort.

:drama:

OY, disgruntled lawnmowers who refuse to find jobs:mad:

Moz is not the dole for lawnmowers FFS cant one lawnmower get a job?:rolleyes:

nutter Le :frogface: troll:

MOZ GIVE ME MONEY I HAVE NO JOB:swear
IM IN THE PUB IN NEED OF A LAGER MOZ FAX ME SOME
MONEY:swear

unreal, the lawnmowers. they have no shame. wont, refuse, to find honest work:censored:

Well - no one could be arsed retelling the stories that are already out there when he was trending - so I doubt it's that juicy.

Exactly this. There are some people here who just refuse to accept Morrissey's flaws, even though in some respects he is the first person to admit that he's far from perfect. We have rolled out the "specific examples" so many times, that we're all familiar with them, even those who ask for them. It's better to just let this go instead of going through the same arguments over and over again with those who refuse to listen.

It's always nice to think a complete stranger somehow knows everything about you. Are you a mind-reader or just really thick?

We have a lot of people on here ready to judge, ‘know’ and correct what they perceive as ‘wrong’ in others.

Especially if that other is a stranger.

And if that stranger happens to be a celebrity or public figure that’s all the more reason to stick in the knife, because well, they’re famous and they know what they were signing up for, so they deserve it.

:crazy:

Well - no one could be arsed retelling the stories that are already out there when he was trending - so I doubt it's that juicy.

:censored:

"ARSED"????:blushing:
is that the way:blushing: they talk in Rome?

Exactly this. There are some people here who just refuse to accept Morrissey's flaws, even though in some respects he is the first person to admit that he's far from perfect. We have rolled out the "specific examples" so many times, that we're all familiar with them, even those who ask for them. It's better to just let this go instead of going through the same arguments over and over again with those who refuse to listen.

dude, I’ve accepted them, but it seems you and a few others can’t let go
of what you perceive as Morrissey’s
flaws.

Accept, let go, and you’ll be free!

:tiphat:

:rolleyes:

trolls rolling out lawnmowers.(n)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom