Johnny Rogan Dies (February 12, 2021)

image.jpg

Johnny Rogan, leading music biographer, dies, aged 67 - The Irish Times

"London Irish writer was famous for his attention to detail and clash with Morrissey"

Excerpt:

"Johnny Rogan, the London Irish music writer best known for his biographies of the Byrds, Neil Young, the Smiths, Van Morrison and Ray Davies, has died at his London home. He was 67.

The author of more than 25 books on music, by far his most successful was Morrissey & Marr: The Severed Alliance, a book about the Smiths published in 1992 five years after the band’s break-up which prompted Morrissey to say: “I hope Johnny Rogan ends his days very soon in an M3 pile-up.”"

Regards,
FWD.

Same as his wearing rosary beads.
Total failing to portray himself in any way a decent person.
His soul and thoughts are horrible.
A no clothes emporer. Fake, fickle, clown.
Yet, here you are.

Same for me, have had it for ages but never finished it.
How far did you get? I think it’s mostly great bar the last 100 pages or so.

I still haven't read the autobiography. The lack of paragraphs annoys me.
You didn't read it because you're exactly the type of person who doesn't read books. Unless it's those bullshit books about how Europe is being taken over by scary Muslims. Pretty much every post from you reeks of a man of low intellect. Don't bother trying to kid yourself otherwise because you're fooling no one else around here. You are Dunning-Kruger in full effect.

The truth will come out once he passes as all the NDA's will end.

NDAs aren't enforceable for anything except non-criminal confidential information & even then, if a person spoke out it would be a faff to get their money back or sue & pointless since the information would be in the public domain.

Anyone can say they hated working for him, if they want to.

(they might all hate him... but there's some other reason for not going public with it).

Last edited by a moderator:
There‘s a big difference between what you like to think Ketamine and what people who have been close to him know. I doubt that the word sweet will be used at all.

And how would you know? unless you are one of those that believe lies and gossip.

NDAs aren't enforceable for anything except non-criminal confidential information & even then, if a person spoke out it would be a faff to get their money back or sue & pointless since the information would be in the public domain.

Anyone can say they hated working for him, if they want to.

(they might all hate him... but there's some other reason for not going public with it).

Yeah people here 2 or 3 like to pull out the old NDA as the reason why
employees and band members don’t
spill the rotten beans about the ‘monster’ Morrissey, when the real
reason is probably that there really
is no beans to spill.

Some people like to judge others, especially celebrity (strangers) and hope that someday their assumptions and prejudices will be proven right.

is no beans to spill.

Some people like to judge others, especially celebrity (strangers) and hope that someday their assumptions and prejudices will be proven right.
Nobody talked about a "monster" Morrissey. It's more about sordid little things (business-wise or personal things) he (understandably) doesn't want to air, or, wants to project an opposite image.
Some of these have been unearthed by Rogan, this is exactly why Morrissey made the infamous, appaling comment on him.
I personally am not interested in any more "secrets". I learnt that the less I know the better it is. But anything will come to light should Morrissey passes, the usual 2-3 here (you, Nerak etc) will explain "it wasn't like that", "it's just for the money", the usual.

is no beans to spill.

Also, there are plenty of ex-partners who did spill some beans. Ill-advised postcards under the door, legal threats, sacking managers via third party, "Enough is too much" note to Street, the infamous fax, the infamous leaked Paris e-mail, etc etc. Of course I understand no-one likes it when things go public that make you paint in bad light. But that comes with being a public figure.

is no beans to spill.

I suppose it's easy to get the impression they're more effective than they are.

There's no way Morrissey's rich or powerful enough to silence anyone esp when he was getting ripped apart on Twitter & everyone expected him to be finished.

No one could muster a thread that wasn't a rehash of an interview debacle - not even the journalists who hated his guts & had interviewed him when he was pissed.

They were even analysing his t-shirt designs on mporium they're that starved of scandal.

is no beans to spill.

Plenty of people who worked for or around Moz have already spoken about how difficult he can be, including Spencer, Gary Day, Stephen Street, Gail Colson, Johnny Marr and others, and the Severed Alliance paints a pretty grim picture in terms of his treatment of people in the Smiths camp. Are they all lying? Was Spencer lying about that fax, do you think that Gary door-carving incident was false? Why else would he be expecting Stephen Street to chin him?

Moz is not a monster and never has been, but he is a deeply flawed person who has treated many people poorly during his career & pretending otherwise is silly. He has burned more bridges with friends, colleagues and record labels than could be counted and it shows in his anger and his bitterness. He is a man who bears grudges. The problem with you and Nerak and other dribbling sycophants is that you refuse to believe anything that contradicts your own delusions, even if it comes from Morrissey's own mouth.

Last edited:
Plenty of people who worked for or around Moz have already spoken about how difficult he can be, including Spencer, Gary Day, Stephen Street, Gail Colson, Johnny Marr and others, and the Severed Alliance paints a pretty grim picture in terms of his treatment of people in the Smiths camp. Are they all lying? Was Spencer lying about that fax, do you think that Gary door-carving incident was false? Why else would he be expecting Stephen Street to chin him?

Moz is not a monster and never has been, but he is a deeply flawed person who has treated many people poorly during his career & pretending otherwise is silly. He has burned more bridges with friends, colleagues and record labels than could be counted and it shows in his anger and his bitterness. He is a man who bears grudges. The problem with you and Nerak and other dribbling sycophants is that you refuse to believe anything that contradicts your own delusions, even if it comes from Morrissey's own mouth.

Ah don’t be such a silly billy and believe that I believe that Morrissey is a perfect person far from flawed. And two: don’t believe that disgruntled employees (for whatever their agenda is ) won’t go out of way to bad mouth their former boss, even if that means they may have to spice up their story by making up lies. I guess we all have to pay the bills somehow.

Btw I can also say.. The problem with you and Surface and the other psychopath hatebots is that you refuse to believe anything that contradicts your own delusions, even if it comes from Morrissey's own lovely mouth.

But I won’t, because, I’m gentle and kind and have the strength to show it.

:tiphat:

Ah don’t be such a silly billy and believe that I believe that Morrissey is a perfect person far from flawed. And two: don’t believe that disgruntled employees (for whatever their agenda is ) won’t go out of way to bad mouth their former boss, even if that means they may have to spice up their story by making up lies. I guess we all have to pay the bills somehow.

Btw I can also say.. The problem with you and Surface and the other psychopath hatebots is that you refuse to believe anything that contradicts your own delusions, even if it comes from Morrissey's own lovely mouth.

But I won’t, because, I’m gentle and kind and have the strength to show it.

I don't care if he's a pain or a diva - but there are lines & there's nothing stopping anyone saying he crossed them.

Even Ellen DeGeneres got a pasting from people she currently employs.

I don't care if he's a pain or a diva - but there are lines & there's nothing stopping anyone saying he crossed them.

Even Ellen DeGeneres got a pasting from people she currently employs.

Yeah, it makes most people feel special to point out how ‘bad’ others are, even if that’s not the whole story, people enjoy believing any gossip especially if the people being judged are in anyway successful.

I knew you'd make excuses straight away. One minute, Nerak is saying that no-one ever speaks up - and the next, you're both dismissing the people who do anyway. What a total waste of time.

I knew you'd make excuses straight away. One minute, Nerak is saying that no-one ever speaks up - and the next, you're both dismissing the people who do anyway. What a total waste of time.

What excuses am I making? I think you’re misreading my posts, to be fair, you should give me the chance to explain.

But Nerak did say that people criticize him on Twitter, etc

post#89

:handpointup:

more Le:frogface: :drama:

Also, there are plenty of ex-partners who did spill some beans. Ill-advised postcards under the door, legal threats, sacking managers via third party, "Enough is too much" note to Street, the infamous fax, the infamous leaked Paris e-mail, etc etc. Of course I understand no-one likes it when things go public that make you paint in bad light. But that comes with being a public figure.

Just because someone is a public figure that’s no excuse to stick the knife in. Throw the first stone and all that.

Anyway, it just goes to show ones point of view when defining what
what others do as ‘good/bad’, ‘right/wrong’.

Forgive, and you’ll be free!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom