Johnny playing TCM on BBC

OH YEAH! Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others played by Mr Marr! I nearly wet myself! He hasn't even bothered to play a riff like that for years and he plays it sooo much better than what Morrissey's solo band did in 2009! Morrissey needs him back! Bring on The Smiths!

I def agree! I think the version of 'Some Girls..' from the Dec. 12, 1986 gig @ Brixton Academy is one of the best Smiths recordings around. Live or otherwise.

I saw Johnny play with Modest Mouse (@ the Rialto Theatre in Tucson, AZ) and they have a song called 'The View' that is really upbeat and jangly in parts.. It gave me a new appreciation for his playing. What he did to their back catalogue was amazing! (esp stuff from 'Good News for Ppl Who Love Bad News') He made their songs SO much better. Sucks it didn't last..

I saw Moz a few weeks later and it bummed me out that we all have to see them seperately when they SHOULD be together.
If they DO ever do a reunion it should be spontaneous and NOT for money. Like the Strummer/Jones reunion! (The Last Night London Burned benefit for firefighters) But they should play a whole set (every album back to back, while we're dreaming?) instead of just a few songs like Strummer & Jones.
Only a VERY lucky few would get to see it, but at least it would FINALLY happen, we'd get a dvd out of it and the rumors and speculation would end!
But that's just MY opinion on the matter..
Then again.. maybe they should just leave their legacy as it stands? What could they gain in a one-off concert? A rekindled songwriting partnership? Well, that's a whole other story...

p.s. I highly recommend downloading a MM bootleg with 'The View' in the setlist, if you can find it! And pm me with a link if you do! haha

Last edited:
Thanks for finding and capturing these clips.

I've got them together and added the full documentary then seeded them all over at smithstorrents. Link here.

David, thanks for all the work you do at smithstorrents. I recently dropped my 1TB external drive and lost most of my Smiths shows. It's a great feeling to know that most of them if not all of them can be gotten again, in time.

David, thanks for all the work you do at smithstorrents. I recently dropped my 1TB external drive and lost most of my Smiths shows. It's a great feeling to know that most of them if not all of them can be gotten again, in time.

Thanks egosheep! I'm finalising the long-overdue hard drive tour where I'll be sending around a 300gb hard drive of Smiths gigs to anyone who wants it. When I'm done I'll announce it and you can add yourself as a date on the tour.

Back
Top Bottom