Johnny Marr wins 2021 Boss Lifetime Achievement Award

Screenshot_20210130-040754~2.png

Screenshot_20210130-040420~2.png

(Video stills from Marr's IG, Jan. 30th).

Article from 10 days prior:

Johnny Marr receives Boss Lifetime Achievement Award at NAMM Believe in Music Week

The Smiths legend and CE-2 Chorus pedal devotee is honored for “inspiring a generation to pick up a guitar”

Regards,
FWD.

many times have we heard how soon is now was so hard to do that johnboy has actually forgotten how to play it.i play the triangle,only has three hits which i call the pyramid.
HSIN is a piece of cake to play. What's hard is syncing up multiple Fender amp tremolos.

johnboy marr supposedly came up with these almost impossible to play chords on the guitar and yet theres 15 year olds on youtube playing them like its the most normal thing in the world.did he thank the makers of the hair dye that hes uses by the gallon.

If not him, then America's Mayor Rudy Giuliani certainly took up the mantle as leading hair dye advocate.

achievement award from.....

Boss (a guitar pedal company) doh: :laughing: lol.

Cool anyway. Not as cool as being given your own day in LA like Morrissey had been awarded, but still it’s something I guess.

:cool:

Boss :laughing: lol.

Cool anyway. Not as cool as being given your own day in LA like Morrissey had been awarded, but still it’s something at least.

The more interesting element to this is how many fabulous musicians paid homage to his talent, that will mean more to him than the award.

Is it an award or an advert?
Bit of both. It's from NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants) a couple of weeks back, which was primarily aimed at music retailers and industry folk, though Boss have obviously released the video to the public now for a bit of wider promotion. Johnny gets a few kudos, and presumably continues his working relationship with the company (and possibly whatever free equipment he might want in the future), and Boss get a nice advert out of it. Bit of harmless fluff all round, ultimately.

Boss (a guitar pedal company) doh: :laughing: lol.

Cool anyway. Not as cool as being given your own day in LA like Morrissey had been awarded, but still it’s something I guess.

so, it is not nazi hugo boss? ok.
anyway, this achievement is because M, marr post-smiths work is not important.

The more interesting element to this is how many fabulous musicians paid homage to his talent, that will mean more to him than the award.

Yes it’s a very... ‘interesting element’ many non musicians there too! Fletcher, and who the hell is Amy Lame Lol. and why that dig from Lisa Loeb? joke gone wrong there, cringe! I’m sure Johnny did.

Yes it’s a very... ‘interesting element’ many non musicians there too! Fletcher, and who the hell is Amy Lame Lol. and why that dig from Lisa Loeb? joke gone wrong there, cringe! I’m sure Johnny did.
Usually spotted with an entourage at gigs.

Regards,
FWD.

Usually spotted with an entourage at gigs.

Regards,
FWD.

Didn’t Morrissey mention Marr’s comment to her in Autobiography?

“ta’ra, fatty.” Lol.

;)

:censored:

how low can :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: go, FFS?o_O
making a commercial and make it look like an award from someone unheard of:blushing:
what next for the mini twat? maybe an award from skinnys broke down nintendo game:lbf:

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom