Johnny Marr tweets response to Smiths reunion rumours

Link via @ordinaryboy86:

Johnny Marr scotches Smiths reunion rumours: 'Nigel Farage on guitar'

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...smiths-reunion-rumours-nigel-farage-on-guitar

Johnny Marr responds to Smiths reunion rumours with swipe at Morrissey's political stance.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...n-morrissey-nigel-farage-guitar-a9189001.html

"Nigel Farage on guitar": Johnny Marr responds to The Smiths reunion rumours

https://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/the-smiths/johnny-marr-responds-reunion-rumours-nigel-farage/

Johnny Marr has quashed rumours The Smiths are set to reunite

http://www.music-news.com/news/UK/1...quashed-rumours-The-Smiths-are-set-to-reunite

Johnny Marr commnets on rumours of The Smiths reunion with right-wing Morrissey jibe

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/the-smiths-reunion-morrissey-johnny-marr/

Johnny Marr Shoots Down Rumors of a Smiths Reunion with Morrissey

http://floodmagazine.com/71141/johnny-marr-shoots-down-rumors-of-a-smiths-reunion-with-morrissey/

Johnny Marr breaks silence on Smiths reunion rumours with Nigel Farage jibe

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/johnny-marr-breaks-silence-smiths-17216239.amp

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
What, this doesn't get a troll rating from Trill? I'm affronted.

Sounds reasonable to me, Crumbs trying it on playing race games n no ability to understand English even if it does come from Joyce...who else needs to say the sub species comment was taken OUT OF CONTEXT...her Maj the Queen, or JFC himself?
Crumbs fully retarded. No comprehension bcos he just doesn't want to hear it.
That's the nub of it.

Our world is f***ed. I hope sooner rather than later. Humans have no place on this planet.

Within the microcosm of this forum lies the problen: ego, hatred, arrogance, violence etc. etc. etc.

Attack. Attack. Attack.

I guess other forums to be similar but this is the only one I use.

Any true fan of Morrissey has to be aware that Morrissey lives in a coseted world as does Marr.

Their views, like all of our views are tainted by our experiences or lack of experiences. Morrissey, unfortunately, still believes that he is in tune with current political thinking and in some ways he is.
BUT ...his mis-steps have fallen foul of his fan base. Should his fan base remain silent?

I was a Smiths/Morrissey fan for the longest time. I no longer follow Morrissey. I feel I have outgrown him but I hoped never to read some of the recent things he has said.

He's entitled to his opinion and opponents are entitled to theirs.

This forum does not engender debate It breeds hatred at all levels. For that rather simple reason. I'm done.

Don't blame you really. The main problem is that as a culture we haven't adjusted to the way social media technology works yet. The tech companies will have to sell firms a solution soon, because no one is going to leave their reputation open to a raid indefinitely. They'd leave all the platforms.

Non of us know where Morrissey's at at the moment. Non of us can imagine the responsibility and limitations he goes through. He's living life as a pop star for heavens sake. It's not like you and I in our regular humdrum jobs. It would be the security issues that would bother me. I imagine he has to be terribly hard headed. If you think about the logistics of having to live as Morrissey every day, especially considering his temperament, there must be something you and I don't have, and which he does have, that keeps him going. I imagine it's a complex business, and not quite as direct, and not quite the instant gratification we might think it is. There must be a lot of planning and scheduling. He makes it look spontaneous but I don't think it ever can be.

It probably is a humdrum job, most of the time.

I think a lot of you are are in denial. You can't save the reputation of The Smiths (the only thing Marr has any type of fame for) if Morrissey becomes a hated pariah. Eventually no one alive will remember that anyone ever thought well of him, so why would they think well of the band he wrote the lyrics for? They'll be the lyrics a racist wrote.

If you like The Smiths & Marr, you should want Morrissey to get out of this, one way or another.

You are seriously deluded by an immense desire to see Morrissey destroyed - for whatever personal reasons- if you seriously think Morrissey's political leanings will erase The Smiths’ musical legacy.

You are seriously deluded by an immense desire to see Morrissey destroyed - for whatever personal reasons- if you seriously think Morrissey's political leanings will erase The Smiths’ musical legacy.

I don't want him destroyed. I want him saved. But, if the strongest thing people know about him is that he's a racist, then that will impact the band's legacy. His lyrics & his life are too big a part of what the band is.

Sounds reasonable to me, Crumbs trying it on playing race games n no ability to understand English even if it does come from Joyce...who else needs to say the sub species comment was taken OUT OF CONTEXT...her Maj the Queen, or JFC himself?
Crumbs fully retarded. No comprehension bcos he just doesn't want to hear it.
That's the nub of it.

I'm just slightly sad that Trill's anti-racism doesn't seem to extend beyond hating Morrissey.

Skinny pseud, Moz already has a full schedule for next year, with a tour and an album.:rock:

its your cuck, the evil little twat,:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:, that has nothing going in the foreseeable future.:relieved:
no album no tour no interest. nothing. :frowning:

DramaJ is going to be a big fat ZERO next year. He going to need a wig fix when he sees the new
Moz album zoom up the charts.:smile:

Poor evil little twat:smile:

Crumbs! This guy Skinny is incredibly popular. I wonder if he wears Lynx Gold?

I'm just slightly sad that Trill's anti-racism doesn't seem to extend beyond hating Morrissey.

Crumbs was the one talking white privilege, clearly he's 'of color' & has that chip on shoulder problem.
Do I need provide some context somewhere?

Don't get duped by Trill btw, he IS one of a number of aliases belonging to another undesirable....& shock horror, so I suspect is this muppet Crumbs.

All is not what it seems by any stretch.

Trust yrself & no one else.

Crumbs was the one talking white privilege, clearly he's 'of color' & has that chip on shoulder problem.
Do I need provide some context somewhere?

Don't get duped by Trill btw, he IS one of a number of aliases belonging to another undesirable....& shock horror, so I suspect is this muppet Crumbs.

All is not what it seems by any stretch.

Trust yrself & no one else.

Ach! Well, I only wanted to chat about Morrissey without using any of my existing networks, which are currently divided between total silence or howls of outrage. I was lonely! Tragically, I'm doing some stealth publicity for him. Lyrics, quotes, anything he's mentioned liking. SO much A Taste Of Honey. I may resort to St Jude.

Non of us know where Morrissey's at at the moment. Non of us can imagine the responsibility and limitations he goes through. He's living life as a pop star for heavens sake. It's not like you and I in our regular humdrum jobs. It would be the security issues that would bother me. I imagine he has to be terribly hard headed. If you think about the logistics of having to live as Morrissey every day, especially considering his temperament, there must be something you and I don't have, and which he does have, that keeps him going. I imagine it's a complex business, and not quite as direct, and not quite the instant gratification we might think it is. There must be a lot of planning and scheduling. He makes it look spontaneous but I don't think it ever can be. He's not just being Morrissey, he inevitably has to sell a brand. We all think he comes out and has an occasional sing song. There's more to it that, I think. Obviously, he knows the ropes better than you or I. All I'd say is, don't underestimate what he's doing and how scary it must be to live and perform the way he does. He's a breed alone. He's out of the realms of you or I, so let's not rush to judgement. Morrissey has to do a job like the rest of us, as best we can, but he also has to remember to be artistic as well. I try to do do my job well, but I'm not expected to do it with finesse, or with any artistic flair. I just do my job. Morrissey has to be an artist and sell himself at the same time.....STRESS!
Melvis and his cat. Cashmere, Kerrygold, 5-star suites and entire venues that bend to his dietary whims.

NOBODY understands how rough it is to be Melvis.

f*** RIGHT off with this juvenile pap.

Funny how Mike Joyce can be perceived as a saviour when the need arises but a talentless bastard when not. And, of course, if Mike says it then it must be true.

I've never cursed Mike J, or Andy R, in any way...he didn't sue me, & am I not Moz's keeper. I had nothing personal to gain.
Mike added much needed reality check against mindless, inaccurate press reporting...or have you been asleep & missed the point?

I think it's about time Morrissey was given credit for what he's actually doing. He's a 60 year old solo artist, getting his shit together, singing in front of people, still writing songs (whether we think they're good or bad), and getting out there and performing. He might be many things but you can't fault his work ethic.
“Getting his shit together”? LOL! He’s an old man. His grow-up time doesn’t get an extension because a bunch of fawning slugs play the apologist card.

Does anyone fawn over you for doing a shitty job at your job? Get a tiny clue.

I don't want him destroyed. I want him saved. But, if the strongest thing people know about him is that he's a racist, then that will impact the band's legacy. His lyrics & his life are too big a part of what the band is.

Everyone's a racist these days unless you're down with every virtue signalling project happening in leftist world. If you raise any objection to something that doesn't comply with the PC police, you're accused of being a Nazi. Blame post-modernism and the rise of the idiots. Don't blame Moz.

This site is mad these days! Before the For Britain debacle - the only time I was on here was to do some research for a Moz related project & it was all posts about how cute he was when he was young, details of where he lived, how he grew up etc, fights about his sexuality & threads about what his songs meant.

Didn't stop you nicking my avatar though, did it?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom