Johnny Marr on BBC Breakfast this morning (26th Feb)

Dave2006

They have just announced that he is on later - didn't mention what time but I suspect it is the celebrity slot after 9am

Dave

Re: Johnny's Marr on BBC Breakfast this morning (26th Feb)

Don't know why Johnny's mum is on the telly though... Sorry about the typo in the title... I'm blaming iPad auto spelling...

Dave

Don't know why Johnny's mum is on the telly though... Sorry about the typo in the title... I'm blaming iPad auto spelling...

Dave

I was in a meeting in the University cafe, tantalisingly I could hear This Charming Man and Upstarts on the telly round the corner, so I missed it all. Pah.

P.

"Johnny's Marr" autocorrect in title corrected

Dave

Thanks for sorting out the title, and for the link to the BBC clip. Is there any chance of copying this clip - I know the BBC are red hot about piracy on iplayer...

Dave

Thanks for sorting out the title, and for the link to the BBC clip. Is there any chance of copying this clip - I know the BBC are red hot about piracy on iplayer...

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you for sharing this.
Johnny is very charming, on and off screen.
Interesting tidbit about New Town Velocity, the standout track on the album in my opinion.
Played it back to back a few times by now, about half of the songs are pretty good (NTV, Say Demesne, Generate!Generate, Upstarts, European Me, The Lockdown).
The rest is well...rather forgettable.

This...

plus this...

equals this...

By the way, I agree that New Town Velocity is the stand-out track. And I really, really do like that Corrs song.

P.

By the way, I agree that New Town Velocity is the stand-out track. And I really, really do like that Corrs song.

P.

Odd, isn't it P?
The one song he records much later on, almost as an afterthought, the one song that would fit in almost seemlessly on any album by The Smiths, ends up being the stand-out one on his solo debut.
It's taken Johnny 25 years to acknowledge that there is no point in running away from what he does best...
He completely owns that style of playing, it's his signature sound, it simply defines him.

Back
Top Bottom