Johnny Marr - News At Ten - talks about reunion offers (October 21, 2021)

Usual Smiths references - Johnny is on the News At Ten (UK National News bulletin) shortly:

The above post was initially promoting the appearance on ITV and the text was subsequently changed.
News At Ten averages approx. 2.5 million viewers nightly.
FWD.

Edit:
Brief video clips, Morrissey mention by Nina.
Blossoms & Rick - the 'heads up would be nice' restated.
Couple of offers to reform - not as many as suggested.
Re: being offered any money to reform The Smiths:
'Because there has to be a friendship there... and the band aren't really friends.'

FWD.

Why are people surprised by comments like this? They haven’t been friends for over 30 years.
I think some people Just cling to the hope that something might happen.

A little misguided and of course completely delusional if anyone ever thinks otherwise...

Johnny on News at Ten, that's a bit surprising. He is really going heavy with the PR. Shame they asked the same old questions and he had to give the same answers.

I thought the same, maybe it's BMG opening the doors?

Yeah the band haven’t been friends.

There is a bond between people creating together. I don’t think mere friendship plays the only role in regards to what Morrissey and Marr had and to some extent could still have between each other.
Your simpleton, romantic, Hallmark approach to relationships between artists is cute.

I think a sackful of money is the last reason either Johnny or Moz would reform the Smiths - neither of them need the cash that badly. To be honest, I think you'd have more luck asking them to reunite for free to play some benefit gig where the money went to some animal rights/vegetarianism charity.
Johnny must have made a fortune on film soundtracks alone: Inception, No Time To Die, etc.

Johnny on News at Ten, that's a bit surprising.

Not so surprising. Make safe music and play the game, eventually the mainstream will embrace you.

He is really going heavy with the PR. Shame they asked the same old questions and he had to give the same answers.

Johnny must have made a fortune on film soundtracks alone: Inception, No Time To Die, etc.

No idea what his deal is but the film is a massive hit!

Nothing deeper than the sound and perhaps the a bit of the soul of the Smiths, i never quite got that rush from the old music at a Morrissey show, but i was there mostly for his solo stuff anyway.

I agree, for me, it's Morrissey for albums and Marr for live gigs, the difference is massive on both counts.

johnboys getting a bit too big for his boots these days,why would rick astley and the blossoms have to run it by him because they are playing a couple of shows celebrating the smiths,M thanked them for keeping the memory alive so dont see why he couldnt do the same.

johnboys getting a bit too big for his boots these days,why would rick astley and the blossoms have to run it by him because they are playing a couple of shows celebrating the smiths,M thanked them for keeping the memory alive so dont see why he couldnt do the same.

He's said he saw the Blossoms socially before the shows and they didn't mention it. They know each other, it's not the same situation as Moz.

He didn't say they should have run it by him, he said, it would have been nice to get a heads up of what they were doing.

He didn't say they should have run it by him, he said, it would have been nice to get a heads up of what they were doing.
what do you think a heads up is,a heads up is running it by him, as if they need his approval.

He's said he saw the Blossoms socially before the shows and they didn't mention it. They know each other, it's not the same situation as Moz.
you should be on the hunt for the dingo that ate one of your children rather being on here on a friday night.

what do you think a heads up is,a heads up is running it by him, as if they need his approval.

A heads up when he saw them a few weeks before, would have been - oh by the way Johnny we're doing a couple of gigs with Rick Astley playing Smiths songs. No need for approval just common courtesy but that's not your thing is it Gordy Boy, remember when you kicked off about posts regarding Johnny and had to be reminded that this was a site dedicated to Morrissey and all things The Smiths.

Last edited:
I thought the same, maybe it's BMG opening the doors?
The occasion is the James Bond movie and number one song with Billie Eillisch - if that isn’t enough to open door, what would then do the trick?

But the Smiths got half of the time when you consider the snipeshots of music as well - not bad for a dead band.

Johnny on News at Ten, that's a bit surprising. He is really going heavy with the PR. Shame they asked the same old questions and he had to give the same answers.
I do kind of feel for Johnny in these situations. I suspect when dealing with the media he sits down for an hour's wide-ranging interview, and all anyone ever cares about or survives the edit are the Smiths reunion questions.

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom