Johnny Marr / Instagram: "Back in the same spot 38 years later. Camden Electric Ballroom. 21st May 1983."

Not a usual post from Marr:

johnnymarrgram_20210923_p_2669312727216302805_2_2669312718760690924.jpg
johnnymarrgram_20210923_p_2669312727216302805_1_2669312718744042773.jpg

FWD.

Were you there surface?

No my daughter was as she likes Blossoms, Johnny and Courteeners, so a great day for her. I had the nightmare of picking her up but the upside was I was able to get some fuel at the 24hr station at Handforth :ROFLMAO:

Fantastic to watch a member of an iconic Manchester band belting out one of their best songs to a massive Manc crowd. Be nice to see Morrissey back in Manchester at some point.

No my daughter was as she likes Blossoms, Johnny and Courteeners, so a great day for her. I had the nightmare of picking her up but the upside was I was able to get some fuel at the 24hr station at Handforth :ROFLMAO:

Fantastic to watch a member of an iconic Manchester band belting out one of their best songs to a massive Manc crowd. Be nice to see Morrissey back in Manchester at some point.

Amazing footage

re- genesis,so sad to see phil collins on tv last week,has to do the shows sitting down and cant even hold a drumstick,he was always a cheeky chappie in the 80s and 90s so its sad to see his health isnt great the past few years,doesnt matter how much money you have your health comes first.

re- genesis,so sad to see phil collins on tv last week,has to do the shows sitting down and cant even hold a drumstick,he was always a cheeky chappie in the 80s and 90s so its sad to see his health isnt great the past few years,doesnt matter how much money you have your health comes first.

Yes I saw him on the news the other week, it was heartbreaking to see him struggling the way he is.

Nice review of Johnny's set in the MEN

Johnny Marr was greeted with an even bigger crowd and to chants of ‘Johnny, Johnny, Johnny f***ing Marr.”
From insane guitar solos to the mellow sounds of Marr, the crowd were there to sway, dance and sing.
But the real winners of Marr’s set were the iconic songs of The Smiths, never sounding better than being sung in their home town.
Bigmouth Strikes Again, and strike he did as the audience sang every word back to Marr.
Similarly, Marr must have been charmed, as Charming Man was ended with Marr saying: “Thanks for being so nice. Smiles on your faces”.
The pleasure, the privilege was all Johnny Marr’s as he thanked Courteeners for having him before launching into There Is a Light That Never Goes Out, joined in singing by nearly 50,000 people. Sadly, the lights did go out and Marr’s set was finished.

Amazing footage. I’m sure that would have been very special for Johnny.

Hope everyone on here is well

Benny X 🇬🇧:knife:

Nice review of Johnny's set in the MEN

Johnny Marr was greeted with an even bigger crowd and to chants of ‘Johnny, Johnny, Johnny f***ing Marr.”
From insane guitar solos to the mellow sounds of Marr, the crowd were there to sway, dance and sing.
But the real winners of Marr’s set were the iconic songs of The Smiths, never sounding better than being sung in their home town.
Bigmouth Strikes Again, and strike he did as the audience sang every word back to Marr.
Similarly, Marr must have been charmed, as Charming Man was ended with Marr saying: “Thanks for being so nice. Smiles on your faces”.
The pleasure, the privilege was all Johnny Marr’s as he thanked Courteeners for having him before launching into There Is a Light That Never Goes Out, joined in singing by nearly 50,000 people. Sadly, the lights did go out and Marr’s set was finished.
The Smiths are dead....... Not.

Definitely not in Manchester and nice to see so many people singing along to them, can't imagine where they would play in Manchester if Morrissey/Marr decided to do something.
Yer, that’s what I’ve picked up on as well, with all the footage of Rick ECT singing Smiths songs this week, all the audience has sung along very enthusiastically . Going to see the Smyhs in November, The Smiths have always had a good following up here ...

Yer, that’s what I’ve picked up on as well, with all the footage of Rick ECT singing Smiths songs this week, all the audience has sung along very enthusiastically . Going to see the Smyhs in November, The Smiths have always had a good following up here ...
saw the smyths in my town about two years ago,certainly worth going to baz,sure you will enjoy it.

:)
the cvunts at the cvnteers show saw :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
with the caterwauling, the wig an the tats,
and went wild thinking he was a cvunteer:hammer:

It turned out that ????????
I couldn’t believe Roxy Music had reformed, and I didn’t take the sign seriously. But they had reformed, and they did play there that night as I understand it. One of my bigger music regrets—along with not taking the opportunity to see Little Richard. And deciding not to go to Morrissey’s 1992 Alexandra Palace gig, with a friend.

I couldn’t believe Roxy Music had reformed, and I didn’t take the sign seriously. But they had reformed, and they did play there that night as I understand it. One of my bigger music regrets—along with not taking the opportunity to see Little Richard. And deciding not to go to Morrissey’s 1992 Alexandra Palace gig, with a friend.

Roxy at the E Ballroom.....strange. That place is a complete dump. You would have thought they'd have chosen the Camden Palace. The Ally Pally gig of 92.......Christmas 92? You missed a good one. Kirsty MacColl was the support and she brought out Shane M for a rendition of Farytale of New York....I also seem to remember things getting very boisterous when he did National Front Disco.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom