Johnny Marr / Instagram: "Back in the same spot 38 years later. Camden Electric Ballroom. 21st May 1983."

Not a usual post from Marr:

johnnymarrgram_20210923_p_2669312727216302805_2_2669312718760690924.jpg
johnnymarrgram_20210923_p_2669312727216302805_1_2669312718744042773.jpg

FWD.

There is a fourth; a murderer. I would like to speak to him again.

They used to have some interesting, slightly dodgy video/dvd cult movie fayre's on a Sat in the 90's at the Electric Ballroom. One of the few hangouts from the 80's still around.

And the human he killed; would be great to mention something.
hovis we all have our skeletons though some not as gruesome as yours.your second name wouldnt by any chance be manson,dahmer or bundy,if it is see yaa.

They used to have some interesting, slightly dodgy video/dvd cult movie fayre's on a Sat in the 90's at the Electric Ballroom. One of the few hangouts from the 80's still around.
would that be driller killer,cannibal holocaust,snuff,seen all of them and could never work out what the fuss was all about.james ferman who was the the main guy at the bbfc would ban anything that was popular in those days.

Johnny is very clever as well as talented. That very mild comment about Rick Astley, posting a picture of the Smiths - it's all a prelude to his new release in 3 weeks. The giant show in Manchester this weekend and the James Bond movie will raise his profile even higher. He's got the goods though, his new songs are very good and the live shows have left people ecstatic. I think a reunion is the last thing on his mind, but he's teasing it for a reason.
I can’t think of nothing worse than a reunion, I’ve been into the smiths since meat is murder release, seen them live 4 times. A reunion would kill the legacy.

A fair few folk watched Johnny at Old Trafford tonight and a nice tweet from someone on there way to see Genesis.

Last edited:
The latest single sounds fine. But he should just join New Order, they seem equally obsessed/enamoured with each other.
Great if you like. Not saying anything negative about your opinion on it but I think it's the worst thing he's done to date.

Good god it Hovis west 🔨🔪⚰️

Always thought there was something dodgey with you Hovis yous Mancs eh.
All true I’m afraid Caz Baz. Four/five years ago I read an article that pin pointed Tameside as one of the murder capitals of the world. I’m sure you know the names.

Went to a pub to see the fight: very odd. Morrissey was watching the same show, definitely. I suspect Tyson Fury likes Morrissey.

Great if you like. Not saying anything negative about your opinion on it but I think it's the worst thing he's done to date.
I really disliked Boomslang. Splashed out on it.

But I also saw him and Bert Jansch playing together, and it was utterly beautiful. I wish some here could’ve seen it. A night to remember, forever, for me. Electric (apologies).

In the late 90s I walked past the Electric Ballroom; a sign outside said “Roxy Music Tonight”. And I giggled to myself. It only turned out that…

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom