"Johnny Marr felt like Yoko Ono" - excerpts from interview in Q Magazine (Dec. 2016)

Johnny Marr felt like Yoko Ono - The List
Johnny Marr thinks the only person to have had as much a "hard time" over a band splitting as he did is John Lennon's widow Yoko Ono.

Full interview in Q (Dec. 2016) - info / digital download

39256_Q_Dec_UK2_web.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Clouseau here with observation:

observation: poor johnny formed HIS band but it become 'drag'. Monsieur Moz drag poor johnny and voila poor johnny quit from own made band, he must pull the :electricplug:.
johnny book a good page turner!
observing from afar,
Clouseau:france:

Clouseau here with observation:

observation: poor johnny formed HIS band but it become 'drag'. Monsieur Moz drag poor johnny and voila poor johnny quit from own made band, he must pull the :electricplug:.
johnny book a good page turner!
observing from afar,
Clouseau:france:
You sound more like Poirot than Clouseau

"I was back to where I was when I started out, crossing my fingers and hoping I'd meet some good people.”

And that’s basically where he remained, and what he is still doing after nearly 30 years. Sometimes Johnny’s ventures have been successful, sometimes utterly shit, but in the end nobody can take The Smiths away from him and that’s all that really matters at this point. It must be grating to have the music world think your true artistic life was over at the age of 23. It's a legacy he will never escape.

Moz is constantly criticized for moaning but Johnny does the same regarding the break up. So he had a hard time. For how long? About 5 years? Maybe he wants to do a swap with Moz who gets all the shit for over 20 years now. And is there a law somewhere which states that you take things better if you are 28 as opposed to 23? It largely depends upon who you are as a person. Moz doesn't strike me as a person who easily deals with things, neither at the age 15 nor at the age of 57. Most bad things that happened have left a mark in his mind.

Dale Hibbert is Stuart Sutcliffe, and Simon Wolstencroft is Pete Best.

No one can imitate Johnny's guitar playing when he was with the Smiths but he hasn't really produced any good songs since then. Morrissey was his Muse, they had synergy. I imagined they spent too many days on a stinky bus together, they needed a breather. But in the end, Morrissey's songs are soo good post Smiths. I am really not sure if Morrissey would have the confidence to become a singer though without Johnny. Sometimes when i see the picture of Morrissey's house on Kings Rd, i just stare at the porch where Johnny first knocked on the door, it should be in the rock n roll hall of fame.

No one can imitate Johnny's guitar playing when he was with the Smiths but he hasn't really produced any good songs since then. Morrissey was his Muse, they had synergy. I imagined they spent too many days on a stinky bus together, they needed a breather. But in the end, Morrissey's songs are soo good post Smiths. I am really not sure if Morrissey would have the confidence to become a singer though without Johnny. Sometimes when i see the picture of Morrissey's house on Kings Rd, i just stare at the porch where Johnny first knocked on the door, it should be in the rock n roll hall of fame.

Yeah I kinda agree. I'd say that morrissey for the most part fulfilled his promise and the expectations of fans post smiths where mar only so so. Might be fun going from project to project but after the smiths I feel like he should have refocused on something a bit more permanent

too bad he doesn't sing as well as her.

But it does get better and better if you compare first attempts at singing with the last.
I sense that Johnny Marr is putting a lot of effort into singing and I do mean all that can be done about improving your voice, technically. I bet he will get better and better and people who criticise him now for his singing voice will be surprised and impressed.
Yoko Ono, give me a break, I'd rather endure the air raid alarm for 2 minutes.

Yoko Ono, give me a break, I'd rather endure the air raid alarm for 2 minutes.

You can tell them apart ?! :lbf: Love me some air raid alarm ! I just loop it and meditate on the coming Trump victory and world apocalypse.

If it's not love then it's the Trump that will bring us together ! :fearscream: :lbf:

Anyways, her first 2 records... 'plastic Ono band' and 'FLY' are classics ! to me at least.

I reckon if Steve and John read this board and laugh while they are on their way to one of their Corporate million dollar payout "secret" acoustic gigs somewhere in America, but not more than 1,000 miles away from Portland OR, or LA.

Green Day are so blood vile. The luckiest 3 losers in the world. I don't get why you Brits and Euros love these guys.

You can tell them apart ?! :lbf: Love me some air raid alarm ! I just loop it and meditate on the coming Trump victory and world apocalypse.

If it's not love then it's the Trump that will bring us together ! :fearscream: :lbf:

Anyways, her first 2 records... 'plastic Ono band' and 'FLY' are classics ! to me at least.

But Yoko Ono verses Johnny Marr ???
Give me another break, at least for half an hour to recover!!
Oxygen, please, more oxygen!!! :laughing:

oh Quando, I was only joking when I said....

Anyways the thing about singing and having a voice is that you have it or you don't have it. Of course technique and coaching will help one sing 'correctly' but that's not what one falls in love with.

oh Quando, I was only joking when I said....

Anyways the thing about singing and having a voice is that you have it or you don't have it. Of course technique and coaching will help one sing 'correctly' but that's not what one falls in love with.

If my memory serves me well, is that song titled Bigmouth?
Just asking. How I hate rhetorical questions.

He has it. Just a little bit more practice.
There were, at least in my experience, more singers that I didn't care much for but later really liked.

It can happen!
Go Johnny, go !

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom