Johnny Marr acoustic performance ~ BrewDog Virtual AGM 10th April 2021

joe frady

Vile Refusenik
Apologies if this has already been posted, but just in case it has not ~

~ í think the vocals are getting better {or 'bedder' as JM might say?} There can never be enough reverb, í'm afraid.

Almost as good a Smiths vocal as the drunk Cork lesbians í took up with at the Savoy in 2011. But nowhere near 'Mozzer' on that sublime night. Or indeed on any other night. Ever. At heart, it feel like a 'cover' of a Smiths song. Which is kinda weird?

Loving his Auden Chester Black 12-string though :yum:

Apologies if this has already been posted, but just in case it has not ~

~ í think the vocals are getting better {or 'bedder' as JM might say?} There can never be enough reverb, í'm afraid.

Almost as good a Smiths vocal as the drunk Cork lesbians í took up with at the Savoy in 2011. But nowhere near 'Mozzer' on that sublime night. Or indeed on any other night. Ever. At heart, it feel like a 'cover' of a Smiths song. Which is kinda weird?

Loving his Auden Chester Black 12-string though :yum:

New Town Velocity is one of his very best songs. Gorgeous.

I wonder if The Crazy Face Factory he bought is the same place where The Smiths used to rehearse on Portland St as I think that was called Crazy Face as well.

Nobody else on the planet can/should sing TIALTNGO, ever, of course, but the playing saves it.

The reason that The Great Estrangement will end, ultimately, is all there in that song. Every word, every note.

I wonder if The Crazy Face Factory he bought is the same place where The Smiths used to rehearse on Portland St as I think that was called Crazy Face as well.
It's not the same place but named after it - Crazy Face was the clothes shop that Joe Moss managed.

It's not the same place but named after it - Crazy Face was the clothes shop that Joe Moss managed.

Thanks Amy, sounds like the the albums due around September time along with a couple of gigs.

:censored:

KATASTROFA!:hearnoevil:

WTF kind of horrible caterwauling is this?

hes playing a fing haberdashery?:seenoevil:

60 yrs old and :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: and playing old suco song 'new town velocity'(very hip new town velocity:lbf:)
in a haberdashery by himself he has no money for a band FFS
KING KATASTROFA:hammer:

Nobody else on the planet can/should sing TIALTNGO, ever, of course, but the playing saves it.

The reason that The Great Estrangement will end, ultimately, is all there in that song. Every word, every note.
I don’t see how it can though, now. You’d imagine it could only begin with a rapprochement over something like his mother’s death, Marr contacting Moz to express sympathy maybe. Marr himself would be vilified by the PC millions if he did unite them on stage, and I doubt he has any appetite for that.

WTF! The so called new album is several months away? its been 6 months already 🤒
what is it a new froggy sgt pepper with the same old:guitar: click clack and
the very complicated 'hi hello bye goodbye' lyrics:censored:
another :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: non existing 'new cd' katastrofa:hammer:

I don’t see how it can though, now. You’d imagine it could only begin with a rapprochement over something like his mother’s death, Marr contacting Moz to express sympathy maybe. Marr himself would be vilified by the PC millions if he did unite them on stage, and I doubt he has any appetite for that
I'm not sure if any kind of reconciliation would be public now, but things can change. The general 'tone' that comes through in interviews is f***ing heartbreaking - Johnny called it "an air of disaffection and distrust". Even if we knew nothing about it, I'd love that to end. It's like they can't even bear to hear each other's name - some journo mentions 'the other guy' and an immediate frost descends. Morrissey is silent on it all but Johnny makes no sense - he says something conciliatory ("It's a shame we can't be mates") or some such - and follows it up with sniping on Twitter. Chrissie to the rescue!

🤒

does :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: have to be on every single 🤡
show? who are those two balloon heads anyways?
they called Le Pew a 'music legend' and
there was silence😬
nobody in that very limited audience
of mediocre walkabouts had heard of him😶
RESULT: old wigged folk home for Le:frogface::hammer:

I don’t see how it can though, now. You’d imagine it could only begin with a rapprochement over something like his mother’s death, Marr contacting Moz to express sympathy maybe. Marr himself would be vilified by the PC millions if he did unite them on stage, and I doubt he has any appetite for that.

Agreed, it's never going to happen. If they really wanted to get back together, I wouldn't think either of them would care about how PC it would be. Both of them are strong personalities. But not only are they far apart in worldview - they seem far apart musically. Do they appreciate each other's recent work? The differences that drove them apart in the Smiths are still there and even magnified.

Agreed, it's never going to happen. If they really wanted to get back together, I wouldn't think either of them would care about how PC it would be. Both of them are strong personalities. But not only are they far apart in worldview - they seem far apart musically. Do they appreciate each other's recent work? The differences that drove them apart in the Smiths are still there and even magnified.

Yes, but if they did reunite, how would Johnny break the news to his son Nile?

I wasn't talking about a reunion - just an end to their estrangement.

Back
Top Bottom