John McCain is a Fascist Pig

Bless you, Worm, for posting the actual bill. Since I don't have time to read the whole thing (I see that it is "streamlining" fair-housing laws, which does sound ominous), I'm going to take your word for it that it essentially privatizes public housing.

I'd have to listen to both sides of this argument before passing judgement, but if this is what it looks like, then it's certainly a step backwards from a more fair and just society.

The opposite argument seems to be that it gives tenants the right to organize into groups to better their housing situation and, potentially, the power to form co-ops that actually own the buildings in which they live. In addition to these points, there's the usual one: the market knows best, and private capital always runs things more efficiently than public institutions.

This argument is specious and we all know it. If you turn the poor over to private interests, there will be only two possible outcomes: neglect and/or exploitation.

To belabor the metaphor, we now have a choice between a messed-up boyfriend who will smack you around (but buy you flowers every once in a while, too), or a psycho who will brutally kill you outright.

You can try to reason with the first one; all you can do with the second one is say your prayers.

Jeez, can't a girl catch a break?

A girl can start by realizing that neither boyfriend can be reasoned with and neither boyfriend can be neutralized through prayer. :)

80391.jpg

Last edited:
Who could be duller?

What, you wouldn't find a thoughtful debate on public housing policy changes absolutely riveting?

It would come second only to an organic certification standards debate in edge-of-your-seat action.

Or a Sunn O))) show.

This is a childish conversation (as usual) but:

Sarah Palin accusing Barack Obama of being in bed with big oil is a bit like Jeffrey Dahmer accusing Chris Brown of being a bad date.

Sarah Palin does know how to get under the skin of the leftoids. But how come you have no comment about the mainstream media giving President Obama a pass on the oil catastrophe for over a month? They certainly weren't so kind and patient to Papa Bush in the wake of the Exxon Valdez oil spill in 1989, which was not as big a disaster as this one. Gee, I wonder why.

All of this in a thread that someone titled "McCain is the biggest Nazi of All Time" over McCain's comments about Miranda, but I remain the only person who noted that Obama's Attorney General, Eric Holder, went on Meet the Press asking for Miranda rights to be modified. Gee, I wonder why.

Tags
ilovetheo kanye west
Back
Top Bottom