JJ's ''Going Underground''

It's just another place built on top of another and soon the next generation will be building on us and blah, blah.... Well, that's what I think anyway.

We were digging in our gaff a few months ago and came across a WW2 bunker, some childrens toys, some books, some pots and pans. etc. and a secret door. The door leads to the pub down the road. Heh, the Victorians, eh!

Sounds like a paedophile's den.

It's just another place built on top of another and soon the next generation will be building on us and blah, blah.... Well, that's what I think anyway.

We were digging in our gaff a few months ago and came across a WW2 bunker, some childrens toys, some books, some pots and pans. etc. and a secret door. The door leads to the pub down the road. Heh, the Victorians, eh!

You didn't happen to come across this man while you were down there?
64352.jpg

That said, there are very few who haven't come across him at some point.

God, I used to live next door to Pat Karney in 94/96. He was very hospitable and one of my regrets was leaving that flat in the city centre. If only, if only..:(

The flat was in the 'Northern Quarter' right near the Craft and Design centre. Jeez, if I'd had bought that dwelling under the 'right to buy scheme' then I'd be a rich man by now. Ahh well, a lot of us have regrets. :tears:
I bet he would have took me on a personal guided tour. ;)

Yes I remember him living there, near the Wheatsheaf. He once had a letter in the MEN saying someone had ''dropped him a letter'' at his flat...and he will not be intimidated and bullied:eek:
He really did rub a lot of people up the wrong way in those ''balmy left wing loony'' days (and again, nothing sexual intended in that comment:thumb: honest)
They were classed as the first city centre apartments if I am correct.

Jukebox Jury

Wow that's really cool. The 1st thing I'd think of is hope I don't see any rats. Just couldn't handle that.

Back
Top Bottom