Jake Walters posts "Honey" photo on Instagram

Originally posted in the Strange/unexpected Moz references? thread.

Not sure whether to put this here or in the frink thread...

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with you on that one. I get the feeling that Jake was good for Moz. He seems to have helped him become more comfortable with intimacy and sensuality and his own body. But it also seems clear that Moz outgrew him and no longer needed him. Haven't we all met someone like that in our lives?
But didn't Moz say that he was in a relationship with someone and they had "stopped loving me". I always assumed Jake left Moz. Hence Moz having a near suicidal nervous breakdown during the Bowie Outside tour. Moz escaped to Japan for some concerts afterwards I think.

But didn't Moz say that he was in a relationship with someone and they had "stopped loving me". I always assumed Jake left Moz. Hence Moz having a near suicidal nervous breakdown during the Bowie Outside tour. Moz escaped to Japan for some concerts afterwards I think.

I thought this too (minus the suicide bit) but he describes it differently in Autobio - basically saying he knew it was ending and had already made plans to "pack up my NW1 life" and move to a new flat in Dublin. It's strange, that relationship always sounded dysfunctional, it didn't last very long and Jake is now married (?) to a woman who is a Moz super-fan - just odd. I wondered if Moz began to think he was being used (cf. 'Best Friend on the Payroll'), which I guess must be a common thing for celebrities. You must get to the point where everyone around you is on the payroll.

What...? That actually quite sad 😞

I'm not sure, when you look at 'Jake' songs like Best Friend on the Payroll, I think you could already see problems brewing - Moz was forecasting doom early on ("I turn the music down, and I don't know why - this is my house") The Operation ("Everyone I know is sick to the back teeth of you"), etc. I can't imagine a romantic Moz album.

ROTT is the closest Morrissey ever came to a romantic album, with song titles such as "Dear God, please help me", "To me you're a work of art", "At last I am born", "You have killed me".

Best friend on the payroll was almost certainly written with the later and less glorious moments of their relationship in mind. I always interpreted "I'd love tp" (B-side to The more yur ognore me...) as a love song, and it more likely coincides with the better days of their relationship.

As the English premier league has had its climax, I would like to announce my own league positions in my own fashion, of course with my own appraisal, and assessment of solo users in a league final setting... firstly the the top 4 posters on her , who will automatically enter next seasons champions league...
No1... and champion is David T... without..... none of us could ever moan nor twine... No1 guy on here... a true champion to morrissey and all of his supporters......
No2.... FWD... fun, facts, truth.... always here .... at any time... will answer anything .... if he don’t know .... he soon will
NO 3 .. Ket Sun.... another moz know all and doesn’t suffer fools.... acid younger when required, just wonderful...
NO4 ... Nerak..... the loyalest of loyal to mozzer...Tina in disguise, she lives moz the most of us .... she knows secrets.....

Well done all top 4 you have now entered into the champions league of morrissey solo...

Next is my own personal assessment of the relegated solo posters....stay tuned folks

As the English premier league has had its climax, I would like to announce my own league positions in my own fashion, of course with my own appraisal, and assessment of solo users in a league final setting... firstly the the top 4 posters on her , who will automatically enter next seasons champions league...
No1... and champion is David T... without..... none of us could ever moan nor twine... No1 guy on here... a true champion to morrissey and all of his supporters......
No2.... FWD... fun, facts, truth.... always here .... at any time... will answer anything .... if he don’t know .... he soon will
NO 3 .. Ket Sun.... another moz know all and doesn’t suffer fools.... acid younger when required, just wonderful...
NO4 ... Nerak..... the loyalest of loyal to mozzer...Tina in disguise, she lives moz the most of us .... she knows secrets.....

Well done all top 4 you have now entered into the champions league of morrissey solo...

Next is my own personal assessment of the relegated solo posters....stay tuned folks

I work for Eric Clapton.

And now we have the relegated bottom 3....
NO.20. and first to be relegated from solo this season is...... SS HOFMANN.. with out doubt a very unpleasant, horrific individual, but very honest about his hatred of blacks , gays and other things he can’t quite grasp in normal society.... SS HOFMANN I must show you the red card....
NO 19.. hengeboy you are relegated as without doubt , the dullest of all people on here.... sorry I haven’t mentioned your sexuality for the last 5 words or so..... a tip for you DIVINE... I keep mine hidden ....
No18.... and last by no means least... Gordyboy 86..... the most hideous aspect of Cumbrian life.... he even makes me look and present like Brian Sewell ..... boy 86 is the Liam of Carlisle life....

Next folks is places 5-17

As always with me a couple of errors.... with my spelling.... should be Nerak loves moz the most.

Europa league places...
No5... Hovis Lesley .... the Bryan ferry of solo... so smooth, a wordsmith yet cool. When I’m on a rant, you cut em down in 3-4 words.... classy , your knowledge on moz issues is on par with FWD
No6.. Gordyboy.... your in the big time son, always up for a laugh,the cheeky chapie of solo... the Robbie Williams... you and moz should sing together... I like you.... your first number 1....
NO7 Marred ...... your are the only one on here that freaks me out.... you scare me..... but I have to assess why I’ve put you in my premier league list. STRAIGHT TALKING, no 4king about, out to say, then it’s said straight.... I like that

That’s it folks.....people and posters from 8- 17 you all know who you are , moz fans and smiths lovers .... the rest can go die......

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom