Jade Goody

"A new 'mirace drug' is Jade Goody's latest hope in her fight against cancer.

Doctors are due to start the ill star on a two month course of Hycamtin after chemotherapy failed to help her. The drug is only given to those suffering with advanced stage cervical cancer.

Jade, 27, told yesterday how the disease has spread from her cervix to the bowel, stomach and liver.

She said yesterday: "It has given me a glimmer of hope. I'm hoping and praying that there is a chance.

"Over the last three or four days my view has been 'How long have I got?'

"Now I'm thinking, 'Maybe there's a chance'."

Jade will be given the Hycamtin via a drip while continuing with chemotherapy."

Love Alma xxx

As sympathetic I am to her illness, her distinct lack of dignity is, I think, tragic.

She has taken a very easy route into making money from this - she has literally, by definition, exploited her illness.

And I think it is insulting and disgusting to cancer sufferers. But it shows the love she has for her children, quite obviously.

Had cancer have you? I think each sufferer handles it in their own way. Macmillan cancer support have said what Jade is doing can only be a positive thing.
Some vile group on facebook is offering an apple iphone to the person who makes the closest prediction of her time and date of death. :mad:

Had cancer have you? I think each sufferer handles it in their own way. Macmillan cancer support have said what Jade is doing can only be a positive thing

I agree...give the poor girl a break...or at least consider for a moment life in her shoes right now...I wouldn't wish her current plight on my worst enemy...

Love Alma xxx

I truly wish her and all those people in the same situation only the very best , it is very very sad to see young and not so young people pass away because of this terrible illness.
I cannot stand the person Jade because she has always wanted to be in the headlines regardless and I dislike people like her.
Cheers Moz

As sympathetic I am to her illness, her distinct lack of dignity is, I think, tragic.

She has taken a very easy route into making money from this - she has literally, by definition, exploited her illness.

And I think it is insulting and disgusting to cancer sufferers. But it shows the love she has for her children, quite obviously.

But it's her illness. It's hers to deal with as she chooses. You have no right to judge her in any way. If and when it's your turn, you get to decide how to handle it.

I feel a teensy bit bad for LOLing at that.

Then I'm extremely disappointed in both of you, not just Mr Smith.

Somebody mentioned awareness and early detection. While I find Ms. Goody's job to be distasteful, that's now beside the point. It's actually an asset now.

Gynecological cancers are often caught late, because their early symptoms are similar to ordinary aches and pains. So if this woman, who has made a career of exposing every aspect of her personal life, can spur even a few women to be more diligent about their checkups, then it's a good thing.

Christina Applegate and Kylie Minogue's cases of breast cancer probably won't help anyone. They were each on the young side, and as far as I know, insurance (probably including the NHS) won't pay for routine mammograms before the age of 35 or 40, because they are outside the standard of care. Awareness of breast cancer is already very high. But gynecological cancers can be caught earlier if women are diligent, so I would argue that Ms. Goody's case has a greater potential to help women.

Somebody mentioned awareness and early detection. While I find Ms. Goody's job to be distasteful, that's now beside the point. It's actually an asset now.

Gynecological cancers are often caught late, because their early symptoms are similar to ordinary aches and pains. So if this woman, who has made a career of exposing every aspect of her personal life, can spur even a few women to be more diligent about their checkups, then it's a good thing.

Christina Applegate and Kylie Minogue's cases of breast cancer probably won't help anyone. They were each on the young side, and as far as I know, insurance (probably including the NHS) won't pay for routine mammograms before the age of 35 or 40, because they are outside the standard of care. Awareness of breast cancer is already very high. But gynecological cancers can be caught earlier if women are diligent, so I would argue that Ms. Goody's case has a greater potential to help women.

Good post! :)
My mum always had regular smear tests, when she was 34 she had one that came back all clear, 3 months later she had cervical cancer :confused: Fortunately it was in the early stages and was dealt with swiftly; 20 years this year since she had it and has been fine since. Anyway my point is that smear tests are not fool proof like my GP once told me. Jade apparently knew there was something wrong with her but as the Doctors told her she was fine she believed them.
Hopefully the new HPV jab has helped raise awareness too.

I'd also like to point out that until you have cancer, you can't say what you'd do in her situation. It's easy to pass judgement when you aren't experiencing it yourself. I've been fortunate enough never to have it, so I am hardly in any position to pretend I know what she's going through.

i am so happy Christina Applegate and Kylie Minogue recovered :pray:
but now that i think about it(always a bad idea :eek:) didnt Moz rag on Kylie or something :confused:
so really, i guess, the 'Jade Goody hate' in this thread aint that surprising actually :o

Only having 3 months left to live is unimaginable :(

Only having 3 months left to live is unimaginable :(
She has young children though, they might say 3 months, but she will go kicking and screaming. She's not going to leave her children without a fight! My best friend was told she has 2 weeks; she lastest 14 months because she has 2 children she did not want to leave. She faught it every step of they way, as jade seems to be too.
I'm not a Jade Goody fan in general, but this is so desperatly sad. I just keep thinking about her poor little boys :(

You would have to have a swinging brick for a heart not to sympathise.

Still, it shows that burning effigies actually works...)

Tags
give me a break waaaah
Back
Top Bottom