"Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage" - sleeve posted on @officialmoz / Twitter

20171106_231519.png

99 pence at the ready...
Regards,
FWD.
Just noticed the 45rpm...um...that might be a few days off yet 'cause I'm sure it's digital.

Cover:
41188_41183_mironzownir2.jpg

By Miron Zownir (1983).
https://www.we-heart.com/2015/10/13/miron-zownir-nyc-rip-pogo-books/

An anonymous person also posted:

Some more info on the photograph

http://photographmag.com/issues/january-february-2017/the-back-page/

41187_jackys_only_happy_sleeve.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I can kind of see where Acton is coming from, not so much the use of the word crude, but in all honesty the first thing that came to mind when I saw it last night was 'I bet SER is behind this'.

As I said, The World Won't Listen is from a German photograph. So you find female breasts more crude than male buttocks?
No. I think the entire image looks cheap. I think its a crap cover. That's all. I don't think it has the class that most Smiths or Moz covers have, regardless of where those photos originated.

Last edited:
No. I think the entire image looks cheap. I'm not sure why you keep harping on about it. I think its a crap cover. That's all. I don't think it has the class that most Smiths or Moz covers have, regardless of where those photos originated.

Miron Zownir just took these kind of pictures and I don't think they are cheap at all. Not even this one

3_miron_zownir_berlin_2004_copyright_und_courtesy_miron_zownir_0.jpg

I really like this sleeve, but it's disappointing to see that the twelve tracks on the album are basically all we are going to get. On the other hand if you're a fan of live cover versions then happy days are here again. At least there's 2 x physical copies of singles so far and they don't have the kid on them.

is Jacky trash? that we can all see through? is all the world her stage?

he recently used those 'Beat writer' photos for the 'Queen is Dead' reissue.. so we look to America for the photos we use... kitchen sink is dead... ? :rolleyes:

Anyways, great images, this one reflects well, lively ! I think he's moving along nicely.

I really like this sleeve, but it's disappointing to see that the twelve tracks on the album are basically all we are going to get. On the other hand if you're a fan of live cover versions then happy days are here again. At least there's 2 x physical copies of singles so far and they don't have the kid on them.

I'm pretty certain there are some extras songs recorded. Probably the usual 4 or 5 that every Morrissey studio album has yielded (except Vauxhall). It's just a matter of how and when they'll be released. It's a bit more tricky in the downloading era.

is Jacky trash? that we can all see through? is all the world her stage?

he recently used those 'Beat writer' photos for the 'Queen is Dead' reissue.. so we look to America for the photos we use... kitchen sink is dead... ? :rolleyes:

Anyways, great images, this one reflects well, lively ! I think he's moving along nicely.

Agree. Great image. On the song itself, it touches me on a personal level because from the first moment I linked it with a particular person, then I think Jacky is a just a person, a woman. On the other hand, there's another interpretation that associates Jacky with Union Jack and exit with Brexit.

Agree. Great image. On the song itself, it touches me on a personal level because from the first moment I linked it with a particular person, then I think Jacky is a just a person, a woman. On the other hand, there's another interpretation that associates Jacky with Union Jack and exit with Brexit.

gonna try to wait for the record release or a leak before I listen to anymore songs. But so far the reception to this song has been pretty good. I believe I was the first to make a reference to Jacky as Union Jacky but I was only joking in that post, M is more direct in his lyric writing these days and his odd political views, so I don't know why he'd bother 'hiding' this subject matter in a song in this way, and those who think it is about Brexit have too much time on their hands.

On that note, I'm pretty sure it's 'PASTA' at the end there, not 'Basta' as they finished recording that song just in time for lunch ! ;)

I'm pretty certain there are some extras songs recorded. Probably the usual 4 or 5 that every Morrissey studio album has yielded (except Vauxhall). It's just a matter of how and when they'll be released. It's a bit more tricky in the downloading era.
Yes but three singles in and no extra tracks is not a good sign. Plus there's no deluxe version with a bonus disc either. There may be extra tracks recorded but they're running out of mechanisms to reveal themselves.

Yes but three singles in and no extra tracks is not a good sign. Plus there's no deluxe version with a bonus disc either. There may be extra tracks recorded but they're running out of mechanisms to reveal themselves.

Yes, it's a bit odd. I wonder if they're holding them back for a swift follow-up album i.e. within a year or so. The consensus in the reviews seems to be that the music (if not the lyrics) in these new songs is excellent, and there are now four songwriters in the band with the newest one (Mando) arguably composing the best songs. So if there are a few more great compositions knocking about, perhaps it doesn't make sense to throw them away as bonus songs.

Yes, it's a bit odd. I wonder if they're holding them back for a swift follow-up album i.e. within a year or so. The consensus in the reviews seems to be that the music (if not the lyrics) in these new songs is excellent, and there are now four songwriters in the band with the newest one (Mando) arguably composing the best songs. So if there are a few more great compositions knocking about, perhaps it doesn't make sense to throw them away as bonus songs.
Great stuff!

Yeah let's get back to the days where Morrissey released and album annually. '90-'95 was prolific!

From what film does verse 3 (beginning at "Cue lights!") lift its audio sample?

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom