"Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage" - sleeve posted on @officialmoz / Twitter

20171106_231519.png

99 pence at the ready...
Regards,
FWD.
Just noticed the 45rpm...um...that might be a few days off yet 'cause I'm sure it's digital.

Cover:
41188_41183_mironzownir2.jpg

By Miron Zownir (1983).
https://www.we-heart.com/2015/10/13/miron-zownir-nyc-rip-pogo-books/

An anonymous person also posted:

Some more info on the photograph

http://photographmag.com/issues/january-february-2017/the-back-page/

41187_jackys_only_happy_sleeve.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Crude. Has Moz stooped to this? From the grandeur of northern life to this. That cover makes me sad. It makes the album cover look like a masterpiece. He just put the low back in high school.

Crude. Has Moz stooped to this? From the grandeur of northern life to this. That cover makes me sad. It makes the album cover look like a masterpiece. He just put the low back in high school.

Not all Smiths sleeves showed northern life

I don't know, I think after these 3 singles this album is shaping up pretty nicely. Haven't disliked anything I've heard yet. Really looking forward to hearing the studio version of "My Love" and of course the handful of songs we haven't heard at all yet.

I don't know, I think after these 3 singles this album is shaping up pretty nicely. Haven't disliked anything I've heard yet. Really looking forward to hearing the studio version of "My Love" and of course the handful of songs we haven't heard at all yet.
Agree, I didn't like any of the singles for WPINOYB, but I thought the album was good, especially the bonus tracks

I'm not sure Candy Darling really represented, "the grandeur of northern life" either to be honest with you. ;)

I'm not sure Candy Darling really represented, "the grandeur of northern life" either to be honest with you. ;)

Yes, and I was also thinking that The Smiths LP, Meat Is Murder and Strangeways all feature US cover stars. The Queen Is Dead is from a French film. The World Won't Listen is a German picture. Then on the singles we have people like James Dean, Elvis Presley and Richard Davalos. So it seems a strange criticism!

Where can one listen to “ jacky” ? Anyone link?
As this news is split across 2 threads:
Here’s the MP3:
Just Apple and Spotify...
A bit weak compared to previous efforts.
Hopefully Amazon, Google et al will catch up. Just checked in my local record shop and was given 8th December as a physical release date for vinyl too - so that technically makes it the first single after the album drops.
Here's a 320 MP3 to satiate those waiting to buy it.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/6hnjbd
Regards,
FWD.
Regards,
FWD.

Yes, and I was also thinking that The Smiths LP, Meat Is Murder and Strangeways all feature US cover stars. The Queen Is Dead is from a French film. The World Won't Listen is a German picture. Then on the singles we have people like James Dean, Elvis Presley and Richard Davalos. So it seems a strange criticism!
I wasn't just talking about covers. I was thinking about the touching lyrics about poverty and shoeless child on a swing and a piano playing in an empty room and punctured bicycle on a hillside desolate, and some of the covers like Louder Than Bombs and The World Won't Listen. This latest cover just looks cheap to me. I don't see the art in it. I don't find the cover for Hand In Glove to be crude.

I wasn't just talking about covers. I was thinking about the touching lyrics about poverty and shoeless child on a swing and a piano playing in an empty room and punctured bicycle on a hillside desolate, and some of the covers like Louder Than Bombs and The World Won't Listen. This latest cover just looks cheap to me. I don't see the art in it. I don't find the cover for Hand In Glove to be crude.

As I said, The World Won't Listen is from a German photograph. So you find female breasts more crude than male buttocks?

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom