"Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage" - sleeve posted on @officialmoz / Twitter

20171106_231519.png

99 pence at the ready...
Regards,
FWD.
Just noticed the 45rpm...um...that might be a few days off yet 'cause I'm sure it's digital.

Cover:
41188_41183_mironzownir2.jpg

By Miron Zownir (1983).
https://www.we-heart.com/2015/10/13/miron-zownir-nyc-rip-pogo-books/

An anonymous person also posted:

Some more info on the photograph

http://photographmag.com/issues/january-february-2017/the-back-page/

41187_jackys_only_happy_sleeve.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
What happened to relatable singles? About social situations, universal themes, etc. Every single lately is about travel in cities no one's been to, or the endless torment of fame/the biz.

Nice image, but the typography on this is absolutely shocking - looks like it has been slapped on.

I’m a designer by trade and the design of this album and singles have been very poor IMO. I winced when I saw that contrived photoshop job of the boy and the axe (not to mention the High School Americanism).

Moz used to be a standard bearer for careful and well thought out covers. What has happened? Looks like this lot were done in Word for Windows...

Happy he's recently going back to non-Moz-Portrait-sleeve (xxept Axe... of course).
Age beat narcissism now I guess...

does the phrase SHE WOULD LOOK GOOD WEARING A PLASTIC BAG spring to mind.good cover.rose garden b side please,chain gang is too recent.

How many of the regulars are going to start wearing the plastic bag ensemble to shows? I would myself, but I think the sight of my moobs might put Morrissey off.

Why oh why wasn't the same art-house nouse utilised for the album sleeve!? That single cover is totally fantastic :D

It a good cover. Hopefully some clever person here will adapt it so some of us can use it as the album sleeve.

Not only is the actual album sleeve the worst I’ve ever seen on a Morrissey release it’s one of the worst album sleeves I’ve ever seen full stop. It screams of “I don’t care anymore.”

At least we know where the 'One Per Customer' sticker will be going to be placed in HMV now when it hits the shelves!!!!

It a good cover. Hopefully some clever person here will adapt it so some of us can use it as the album sleeve.

Not only is the actual album sleeve the worst I’ve ever seen on a Morrissey release it’s one of the worst album sleeves I’ve ever seen full stop. It screams of “I don’t care anymore.”

Here you go (not so clever though)...

Low_zpsrqmlanrh.jpg

Does that 45rpm hint at it being a physical item or is just a tease?

What happened to relatable singles? About social situations, universal themes, etc. Every single lately is about travel in cities no one's been to, or the endless torment of fame/the biz.

"Stop watching the news. Because the news contrives to frighten you.
It makes yo feel small and alone. It makes you feel your mind isn't your own."

Can you not related to that a little?

Thank you. :)
A slightly more intricate attempt...

Low%203_zpsyqvsbiip.jpg

That's much better. Unfortunately loads of places wouldn't sell the album, as they find ladies nipples more offensive than kids with Toys R Us axes. Such is the whacky world we live in.

Nice image, but the typography on this is absolutely shocking - looks like it has been slapped on.

I’m a designer by trade and the design of this album and singles have been very poor IMO. I winced when I saw that contrived photoshop job of the boy and the axe (not to mention the High School Americanism).

Moz used to be a standard bearer for careful and well thought out covers. What has happened? Looks like this lot were done in Word for Windows...
Yip completely agree

Just listened. It’s not very good and an odd choice for a ‘single’.

He’s definitely singing ‘exit’, not ‘Brexit’...

So far...

I wish you lonely > STDIB > Jacky’s only happy

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom