"Jacky's..." official video out on Thursday 30th Nov.

UPDATE Nov. 30:

Link to video now on YouTube posted by Shyness 1s nice:

UPDATE Dec. 1:

Posted by joe frady:

Better a/v quality found via director Robert Hales vimeo page

Regards,
FWD.

41565_jackys_video_screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't hate Morrissey... and I do not care much about his band.
Other than that, the conversation I had with Alain and Gary is real and what I wrote is what they told me.
I talked to them after a concert of their "side project" which was simply "Morrissey's band without Morrissey" playing Rockabilly songs. That Rocabilly concert was OK, but not something that really amazed anyone (their concert with Morrissey was jaw dropping, there was no point of comparison).

I may have caught Gary & Alain in a bad day. I have no idea... but their comments about Morrissey were clearly bad comments, they also disliked a lot the contract they had... and they clearly said that they were NOT allowed to drink or smoke when Morrissey was present, which was something that pissed them off a lot. Probably I talked to them during one of the worst moments of their relationship, that's an assumption.
not smoking when in the presence of a non-smoker is just basic consideration. not something a person should really need to be told or ordered not to do by their boss.

If you listen really really closely, it becomes clear he's actually saying "bat-shit, bat-shit, all my fans are crazier than bat-shit."

Thank you thank you thank you. I laughed out loud so hard my son came into the room to see what's up.

At least this an attempt at upbeat pop music. He has enlisted the youth to try and modernize the plodding rock sound that has plagued him over these many years. Irish Blood English Heart was an anthem, You Have Killed Me a witty turn of phrase catchy pop song that had a certain je ne sais quoi about it. This song seems an ever increasing watering down of his true pop music sensibility let alone the lyrics which are at best meaningless.

For his entire career Moz has always spoken his mind on all topics from the political to the romantic to the morose, but with much better music and vastly better lyrics. I am not trying to pick a fight with those who resonate to his current output, but for someone who was born and braised on, in my opinion, some of the best music ever produced I miss the biting wit, catchy tunes and unstoppable force that drove my heart, mind, and soul to uncharted territory. A lot to ask of one person, but the heart, mind and soul wants what the heart, mind and soul wants.

If he is happy with the music he is creating today, then I am happy for him. He deserves to be happy as we all do. I and others who feel like i do will always have access to the music of his that we love and that can never be taken away from us, and for that I am thankful.

At least this an attempt at upbeat pop music. He has enlisted the youth to try and modernize the plodding rock sound that has plagued him over these many years. Irish Blood English Heart was an anthem, You Have Killed Me a witty turn of phrase catchy pop song that had a certain je ne sais quoi about it. This song seems an ever increasing watering down of his true pop music sensibility let alone the lyrics which are at best meaningless.

For his entire career Moz has always spoken his mind on all topics from the political to the romantic to the morose, but with much better music and vastly better lyrics. I am not trying to pick a fight with those who resonate to his current output, but for someone who was born and braised on, in my opinion, some of the best music ever produced I miss the biting wit, catchy tunes and unstoppable force that drove my heart, mind, and soul to uncharted territory. A lot to ask of one person, but the heart, mind and soul wants what the heart, mind and soul wants.

If he is happy with the music he is creating today, then I am happy for him. He deserves to be happy as we all do. I and others who feel like i do will always have access to the music of his that we love and that can never be taken away from us, and for that I am thankful.

hey evennow welcome back! internet connection back up and working?

BB why rate my post 'redundant'? I may not have always agreed with evennow's posts in the past, but unlike your posts his at least make sense.

Here in England it means Brexit. If our wear red you wanted to leave and blue for remain. It was invented by high street bank Tesco (their logo is the same colour)

in regards to the badge..

I don't believe this is true. I could be wrong. Though, I'm pretty sure someone would have pointed that out a while back when he started wearing the badge. Not that there's anything wrong with that, if that's what the badge means and why he's wearing it.

I like it. You never get a great video from Morrissey, but you occasionally get a genuinely fun premise that's shot well.

some of them have been great though. Which is saying a lot coming from a man who once said he would never do videos.

this one doesn't have much going on for me to really get into it. Liked 'Spent the Day' better.

hey evennow welcome back! internet connection back up and working?

Yes! I miss the good debates that are to be had here regarding our musical hero Moz. I had to escape for a while to distance and clean myself of all the bile spewed forth with no meaning or purpose other than to be insulting and hurtful. I love reading posts from those who seemingly find his new music listenable and then Benny and Brummie's (to me) fact and reality checks of the current state of affairs. Keep the fires burning KS and I will be here to warm myself beside them! We don't agree on much, but that is what makes a healthy debate and a fun time as well IMHO.

Does/did Morrissey really sing to his lover at night? Lucky lover! I hope so because I really like thinking about it. I already liked the song very much and I think the video is fascinating -- funny and kind of sweet and a little bit sexy. I've watched it a ridiculous amount of times just to watch everyone individually, and have fallen in love with everyone in it (Morrissey and the band members not for the first time of course).

Tacky as feck that video and I did not like the turned up lapel on one side.

Details Moz, details!

A good attempt at a Boo Radleys song but only the trumpets, the sound of the elephant in the room.

What a bitter comment! Why do you even bother coming here? Really. It's a serious question I'm asking you.

Totally agree.
I’m so tired of reading g23’s stupid f’’ing comments
No one cares about the crap you have to spew around here
Get a life already

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom