"Jacky's..." official video out on Thursday 30th Nov.

UPDATE Nov. 30:

Link to video now on YouTube posted by Shyness 1s nice:

UPDATE Dec. 1:

Posted by joe frady:

Better a/v quality found via director Robert Hales vimeo page

Regards,
FWD.

41565_jackys_video_screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
think Orson sums it up pretty well. Nothing cryptic about it.

what cross would you prefer him to wear ? Maltese? But it's really not so strange to see him wearing a cross, him being a born again atheist and more importantly... practicing troublemaker.

Clearly we must believe that the most talented lyricist of his generation had no idea of the ambiguous nature of those lines, and when he debuted the song at Maida Vale shouting “Exit! Brexit! Exit! Brexit! Exit! Brexit!“ he was just relating the tale of a woman who hadn’t got over her parents decision to not send her to the Italia Conte.

The dancing of the band is so funny. It´s like they all have been told to make a completely different move at the "fill up the page" line.

Clearly we must believe that the most talented lyricist of his generation had no idea of the ambiguous nature of those lines, and when he debuted the song at Maida Vale shouting “Exit! Brexit! Exit! Brexit! Exit! Brexit!“ he was just relating the tale of a woman who hadn’t got over her parents decision to not send her to the Italia Conte.

I listened again and again with decent headphones, even at slower speeds,

NOT ONCE DOES HE SING BREXIT !

I liked the freestyle dancing towards the end. It's a fun video. Certainly more entertaining than the overused, Moz and band mining along videos. Probably not one I'll revisit much though.

From 3:46 till the end of the song he alternates "Exit" and "Brexit" again and again... Are you deaf?

Well it's my first time in here actually and I have just registered for the reason to answer some of the bullshit I am reading so very often from haters. I have seen Morrissey live a dozen times since 1996. Let me share with you a personal experience. I had witnessed twice the very close bond the band had with him through years. I have seen them (from a distance but for long) backstage in Birmingham before a show acting like a school boys company freely mocking each other and being warm. I have seen them almost wrecked from drinking altogether at the roof garden of Hilton Athens laughing and joking and not giving a shit what's happening around them for hours and hours. I have seen them altogether happy going for shopping in Skopje FYROM some time later years. Morrissey has a very good relation not only with his "crew" not only with his "employees" but even with their families and friends. I am guessing if he s not a friend of theirs then it is sure that he is the perfect boss for anyone. Being with someone for so many years so close and hating him it could kill you even if he pays you a million to do so. Even Gary , even Alain when they left the band they never said a bad word for Morrissey ever. There are many more like them to count. I guess those haters in here must have too many serious personal problems to give so much time and energy for something they despise. Life is hard enough even without hatred. Relax!

This video is a f***ing CRINGEFEST. Morrissey looks ridiculous. I hate it. Someone please tell him to put on a shirt and stop acting like an idiot. It's just unnervingly gross. Click that little troll button on me all you want, as if I give an actual f***. I have been a fan since 1986 and on this site since day one and I am still here, but I find this more egregious than his recent comments on sexual assaults. And I'm only half joking. You really are sycophants for going on about how fun this is. I also don't like the allusion to a mass shooting during the "everybody's running for the exits" part. Flashing lights and chaos as metaphor. I've been embarrassed to be a Moz fan for a long time now but it just keeps getting worse. So much for him aging with grace. I really think I truly dislike him now. Goddamn it.

Last edited:
This video is a f***ing CRINGEFEST. Morrissey looks ridiculous. I hate it. Someone please tell him to put on a shirt and stop acting like an idiot. It's just unnervingly gross. Click that little troll button on me all you want, as if I give an actual f***. I have been a fan since 1986 and on this site since day one and I am still here, but I find this more egregious than his recent comments on sexual assaults. And I'm only half joking. You really are sycophants for going on about how fun this is. I also don't like the allusion to a mass shooting during the "everybody's running for the exits" part. Flashing lights and chaos as metaphor. I've been embarrassed to be a Moz fan for a long time now but it just keeps getting worse. So much for him aging with grace. I really think I truly dislike him now. Goddamn it.
Embarrassing Comment. Sad act.

I don't know when the video was made but it seems a strange decision to release it weeks after the single. Did 'Jackie' even get much airplay? Radio X played it the day it came out but I haven't heard it since.

It really bothers me that the collar of Morrissey's jacket isn't laying flat. More-so than the lack of a shirt.

I don't know when the video was made but it seems a strange decision to release it weeks after the single. Did 'Jackie' even get much airplay? Radio X played it the day it came out but I haven't heard it since.

Maybe they’re just keeping the album profile up for second week sales knowing that’s when there’d be a drop off

It really bothers me that the collar of Morrissey's jacket isn't laying flat. More-so than the lack of a shirt.

The half a collar up is not accidental, he has been wearing his jacket this way for most (if not all) of his appearances since the BBC show in early Oct.
Whatever that may mean to him.

The half a collar up is not accidental, he has been wearing his jacket this way for most (if not all) of his appearances since the BBC show in early Oct.
Whatever that may mean to him.
Yes, and it has bothered me since early October. :D

At 03:27/28 he DOES say Brexit. EDIT - The music video. I thought it was the music video you were talking about not the BBC video.

From 3:46 till the end of the song he alternates "Exit" and "Brexit" again and again... Are you deaf?
Slow it down. He only say's it once at 03:27/03:28. The actual music video not the BBC video I meant.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom