"Jacky's..." debuts at #1 in UK Vinyl Singles Chart; "Low In High School" #85 in 4th week

I love vinyl, but it is old technology. Simple as that. I also love Subbuteo. Both have been overtaken by events.

I still fondly remember buying the gatefolds and picture discs and coloured vinyls, but I much prefer carrying thousands of songs around with me in my top pocket.

I understand the audiophile argument about sound quality, but when you are on your morning commute that’s irrelevant.

I know what you mean I cassette tapes and cd discs playing them on Walkman and discman players but that’s the nature of the technological beast it gets replaced with something else.

I see. And what exactly are the sales figures for that spectacular No.1?
How many of the Ed Sheerans and Taylor Swifts have vinyl out at the same time?
Please do elaborate.
Taylor Swift has released material on vinyl in the past month, yes.

Apparently vinyl is making a big comeback, there is a large selection in HMV nowadays. Vinyl sales worldwide are increasing, in 2013 sales in the uk were 780k last year they were 3.2m. In the US sales in 2013 were 6.1m, last year they were 13m.

8FC38D73-02C0-46AA-A07F-5A0D6B925DB1.jpeg

BORING!

It's supposed to be a ltd release, anyone know how many ltd to?

Apparently vinyl is making a big comeback, there is a large selection in HMV nowadays. Vinyl sales worldwide are increasing, in 2013 sales in the uk were 780k last year they were 3.2m. In the US sales in 2013 were 6.1m, last year they were 13m.

Instamatic cameras are on the way back too and in Madagascar the plague hasn’t been as popular in years.

Boring? appreciate you are knocking on a bit but you said -"In the day of digital who the hell buys vinyl anymore what’s next number one in 8 track tapes?" answer - 16 million albums were sold in the uk and us last year, so quite a few people buy vinyl. Keep up otherwise your brain will wither as fast as your bollocks.

Boring? appreciate you are knocking on a bit but you said -"In the day of digital who the hell buys vinyl anymore what’s next number one in 8 track tapes?" answer - 16 million albums were sold in the uk and us last year, so quite a few people buy vinyl. Keep up otherwise your brain will wither as fast as your bollocks.

43652D8A-5888-4A85-B2E3-0405D34F0AAE.jpeg

Why do you even come here? What is the problem with being a cult artist? He's a living legend.

And Low In High school is a great record. The fact you cannot instantly like its tunes is because you have no musical taste.

I think the real question is, why do you come here? This is not a Morrissey cult safe space.

If you are looking to pray the temple is over there ---->

The point is, the album is a complete failure commercially, but so what? Most of Morrissey's career has been a commercial failure, and he's sold himself on the idea that he's a commercial failure. It's only the attempts to make it seem worthy of commercial success that illicit these comments reminding others that they're living in a religious style fantasy land.

Promoting make-believe in the adult world will always come with a heavy dose of mockery. Grow up.

If you like the album, then listen to it, enjoy it and stop groaning about the dissent. Absolutely liking things doesn't usually create interesting discussions.

I don't even dislike the album entirely. Personally, I thought World Peace was better, but Morrissey botched the entire release. It wasn't the record company's fault. He refused to promote it thoroughly. In fact, just like with this album, he seems completely uninterested in promoting it, and seems to expect the record company to make it successful through whatever artificial means they employ. Morrissey knew it wouldn't sell, but he can always say that he has a new release, so come see me live, and then blame its commercial failure on the record company, and public delusion.

This is a man who mentioned in an email to a record company executive that "The Youngest Was The Most Loved" should be considered a gift to any record company. Yes, one of the worst singles of his career was a "gift."

It's a well planned game that he is employing with every release since ROTT, and one that he employed against Rough Trade when they failed to make The Smiths songs as popular as Wham's. He knows the limitations, but he keeps his demands because hey, it's someone else's fault. He takes no responsibility for his own career, and his public profile. He doesn't make any effort to communicate with his fans, and explain his flakiness. If anything, the hurt feelings probably amuse him. He even mocked Pittsburgh in a song because of the resentment towards him for canceling twice.

Ultimate, I simply think that LIHS is mostly uninspired, and makes me feel that Morrissey is bored with the entire process, and is using these releases as a reason to tour, and secure the few remaining earning years he has left. He's apparently only interested in crafting a few potential singles, and the rest is mostly filler.

I believe Morrissey sincerely wants to retire, but can't do so comfortably at this point. He holds out for a record company bid that allows him studio financing, a modest advance, and the rest is about making whatever he can in the only realm that most artists can even hope to make money: Touring, and merchandise.

If it was truly about just making music he likes, then he would have gone the DIY route long ago. He would have developed relationships with musicians who share his vision, but there is no vision. He's become little more than a jingle man hawking his wares.

He no longer has has anything to say, and he's saying it too loudly.

Can you please stop doing this? Let that sink in. Thanks.

Guys, stop. Really, stop doing this.

What's next, Morrissey's number one with those under 5'8?

Morrissey doesn't sell, and he hasn't sold since Quarry. Before that, he hadn't sold since Your Arsenal. It's not the end of the world, and it's not a surprise. Even live, he's just a small venue artist. I doubt he even makes much money from touring.

He's not popular, and was only ever popular for a brief moment in the so called "alternative" era. There's no such thing as that now.

Stop trying to magnify his success in niche markets. More importantly, you shouldn't expect him to sell well with his sub-par, mailing-it-in material, and the fact that he's pretty much considered dad rock now. This is how time flies. What was once considered edgy, is now considered silly. There's no escaping it, or marketing your way out of it.

Finally, vinyl markets don't mean anything. You're talking about mostly nostalgia collectors who buy vinyl.

"Yacht Rock" is now more popular with the youth than Morrissey.

Let that sink in.

I love vinyl, but it is old technology. Simple as that. I also love Subbuteo. Both have been overtaken by events.

I still fondly remember buying the gatefolds and picture discs and coloured vinyls, but I much prefer carrying thousands of songs around with me in my top pocket.

I understand the audiophile argument about sound quality, but when you are on your morning commute that’s irrelevant.
The Old Technology comment is a strange one. Should we stop using paint brushes and pencils for art? How old are guitars? Enough with the cave paintings already. How about a splash of turpentine and let's put up plasma screens instead in those dark dingy caves.

It is difficult to stop the needle from bouncing while you're on the train. I'll give you that.

NUMBER f***ING ONE !!!!!
NUMBER f***ING ONE !!!!!
NUMBER f***ING ONE !!!!! NUMBER f***ING ONE !!!!! NUMBER f***ING ONE !!!!! NUMBER f***ING ONE !!!!! NUMBER f***ING ONE !!!!! NUMBER f***ING ONE !!!!! NUMBER f***ING ONE !!!!!

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

HATERS GONNA CRY

:D

because ........

MORRISSEY WINS AGAIN !!!!

:p

:thumb:

:tiphat:

16 million people who bought vinyl give a f***, you need to act your age mate rather than posting stupid images.
That's still a small portion of overall music consumption.

The funny thing about new vinyl releases is that they're almost always produced from digital masters; thereby defeating the purpose of the perceived audiophile experience. So, they're digital recordings that are technically of a lower sound quality than CD's. This goes for older recordings that were recorded to digital masters as well.

The rest buy it to be fashionable or because they like to hold something in their hands, or some other ridiculously precious sentiment.

Most people are suckers, and they enjoy being suckers. In fact, they demand it. All that most people want are stories. They don't have to be true.

I think the real question is, why do you come here? This is not a Morrissey cult safe space.

If you are looking to pray the temple is over there ---->

The point is, the album is a complete failure commercially, but so what? Most of Morrissey's career has been a commercial failure, and he's sold himself on the idea that he's a commercial failure. It's only the attempts to make it seem worthy of commercial success that illicit these comments reminding others that they're living in a religious style fantasy land.

Promoting make-believe in the adult world will always come with a heavy dose of mockery. Grow up.

If you like the album, then listen to it, enjoy it and stop groaning about the dissent. Absolutely liking things doesn't usually create interesting discussions.

I don't even dislike the album entirely. Personally, I thought World Peace was better, but Morrissey botched the entire release. It wasn't the record company's fault. He refused to promote it thoroughly. In fact, just like with this album, he seems completely uninterested in promoting it, and seems to expect the record company to make it successful through whatever artificial means they employ. Morrissey knew it wouldn't sell, but he can always say that he has a new release, so come see me live, and then blame its commercial failure on the record company, and public delusion.

This is a man who mentioned in an email to a record company executive that "The Youngest Was The Most Loved" should be considered a gift to any record company. Yes, one of the worst singles of his career was a "gift."

It's a well planned game that he is employing with every release since ROTT, and one that he employed against Rough Trade when they failed to make The Smiths songs as popular as Wham's. He knows the limitations, but he keeps his demands because hey, it's someone else's fault. He takes no responsibility for his own career, and his public profile. He doesn't make any effort to communicate with his fans, and explain his flakiness. If anything, the hurt feelings probably amuse him. He even mocked Pittsburgh in a song because of the resentment towards him for canceling twice.

Ultimate, I simply think that LIHS is mostly uninspired, and makes me feel that Morrissey is bored with the entire process, and is using these releases as a reason to tour, and secure the few remaining earning years he has left. He's apparently only interested in crafting a few potential singles, and the rest is mostly filler.

I believe Morrissey sincerely wants to retire, but can't do so comfortably at this point. He holds out for a record company bid that allows him studio financing, a modest advance, and the rest is about making whatever he can in the only realm that most artists can even hope to make money: Touring, and merchandise.

If it was truly about just making music he likes, then he would have gone the DIY route long ago. He would have developed relationships with musicians who share his vision, but there is no vision. He's become little more than a jingle man hawking his wares.

He no longer has has anything to say, and he's saying it too loudly.

I agree with everything you said. Do you ever wonder if Morrissey wasn’t so aloof with his attitude and more reliable and took his career more seriously that he could have been one of the planets biggest rockstars that he could have came close to the same fame as Elvis or Sinatra somewhere close to those lines, if he actually had proper management and was manageable his career could have been different maybe the Smiths would never have broken up or maybe they would have anyways further down the line, I always wondered about the untapped possibility of what his career and fame could have gotten too if he didn’t get in his own way and make stupid decisions after another.

The Old Technology comment is a strange one. Should we stop using paint brushes and pencils for art? How old are guitars? Enough with the cave paintings already. How about a splash of turpentine and let's put up plasma screens instead in those dark dingy caves.

It is difficult to stop the needle from bouncing while you're on the train. I'll give you that.

Paint brushes and guitars have been replaced. Digital artwork is the norm now, as is electronic music. Even physical sculpting is being phased out. They are still used for nostalgia, and because they have a distinctly different sound, and effect to their replacements.

Vinyl does not serve any purpose other than nostalgia. It's the Polaroid camera of music technology, with even less convenience.

In fact, the vinyl hipster trend seems more akin to those who argued that digital photography was too "clean," when that's exactly why people like it, and accepted its replacement.

Music is a fashionable consumer market that will always have fashionable consumer trends associated with the listening experience.

NUMBER f***ING ONE !!!!!
NUMBER f***ING ONE !!!!!
NUMBER f***ING ONE !!!!! NUMBER f***ING ONE !!!!! NUMBER f***ING ONE !!!!! NUMBER f***ING ONE !!!!! NUMBER f***ING ONE !!!!! NUMBER f***ING ONE !!!!! NUMBER f***ING ONE !!!!!

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

HATERS GONNA CRY

:D

because ........

MORRISSEY WINS AGAIN !!!!

:p

:thumb:

:tiphat:

8CABC3DD-D054-45BB-90E8-C4CC3F2E07DC.png

Yup number one alrite.

Tags
low in high school info