Jack the Ripper was a hairdresser

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
Last edited by a moderator:
This is an unusual link to make between that early song and Jack the ripper !

Infact, rumours abound that Jack the ripper was middle/upper class or gentry and not a hairdresser
and definately didnt drive a car around slone square to visit his friend. So with all that in mind, I can defnately tell you that this song is not about Jack the ripper.

Rather it is a song about one of Morrissey's close friends who is also very nice.

it is facinating to think about the subject matter of every song. One day perhaps could Morrissey reveal all ? Another fantastic book release ?

I still think: Kit (strings+horns), Stay As You Are, I know who I love, Sugar, Safe Warm Lancashire Home and " I'm not worth hitting"could make a return with much better production. I wish Boz would do it and an interested party would pay them to get these
re-done and for studio time. A good example of these is, "One of our own."

That said, people have said "Stay As You Are" - the excellent sounding 'tempter' is not Morrissey/Boorer.

Infact, rumours abound that Jack the ripper was middle/upper class or gentry and not a hairdresser
and definately didnt drive a car around slone square to visit his friend. So with all that in mind, I can defnately tell you that this song is not about Jack the ripper.

Rather it is a song about one of Morrissey's close friends who is also very nice.

it is facinating to think about the subject matter of every song. One day perhaps could Morrissey reveal all ? Another fantastic book release ?

I still think: Kit (strings+horns), Stay As You Are, I know who I love, Sugar, Safe Warm Lancashire Home and " I'm not worth hitting"could make a return with much better production. I wish Boz would do it and an interested party would pay them to get these

That said, people have said "Stay As You Are" - the excellent sounding 'tempter' is not Morrissey/Boorer.

He could have been a hairdresser (barber) as in those days barbers were also surgeons - the thing which the red and white stripey pole signifies - blood and bandages.

Maybe Morrissey's friend was hosting the ghost of Jack the Ripper...

Back
Top Bottom