and f***ed around online
and remembered the show
and I had nothing else to do
and I never leave the house
so I figured what the hell why not
but then the inherent pitfall in the prospect
of the whole coffee-getting-thing beforehand
occurred to me,
(I hem and haw about these things for hours, days, eons)
but then I figured, ah, there's a only a 50 percent chance
she'll be there anyway
and what the hell
I'm almost 38, I can take it
and Jesus Christ it's been five months now,
I really need to get over it
(and I am for the most part, I swear)

but then I realized that the shirt I had on,
that flannel I'd randomly picked,
wasn't too flattering
and I decided to change it because who knows
but if there might be
a desperate unloved girl at the show
willing to settle for a balding loser
in his late 30s,
so I had to look my best

and as I was taking the shirt off to hang it back up
and exchange it for another
I noticed something in the left front pocket
and it felt like money
but when I put my hand in to retrieve it,
it wasn't money,
it was two ticket stubs

from October 20, 2013

Carrie, Showplace 16,
8:30 PM

shit.

Oh, the universe
and all its little
"f*** you, Aarons"...

and so anyway 35 minutes later
when I walked past you
to the counter
to order my coffee
as you were vacuuming
and I awkwardly waved hello to you
I had just walked there
from home
and had dreaded such an encounter
the entire
time;
and sure enough I got it

just thought you
should know

and like I said
I'll delete this
in the morning,

unless I change my mind
like you did,
of course.
normally I don't read anonymous posts but 2 people like to read quoted it and I am glad they did :thumb:
I love the thing, poem, whatever it is
so evocative for me, really hit home
score one for anonymous, too bad they don't post here under a username :o

Glad you didn't delete it this morning. Haha.

Very nice. Love your style. Creates a wonderful image and carries you along.

Thanks and all, but I don't know if you realize this or not, but I didn't post it in the first place. I don't feel the need to put my shit up on a Morrissey website; that's what the blog/zines are for. The piece is a newer thing that some tiny-dicked, butthurt stalker troll found by searching me out on the internet outside of Solo, found the TBT blog, and copy and pasted that piece here to "shame" me or something. I don't mind; the blog is publicly searchable/readable and I didn't lose any sleep over it; in fact if anything I found it funny that some loser would go to the trouble of doing it in some impotent attempt to best me by putting it on this forum. I stand by anything I write, but that doesn't mean I'm going to spam it everywhere else I have online presence. Apparently Shitpants assumed that means I was embarrassed by it. Far from true.

Yes. Absolutely brilliant. ;)

The "brilliant" part was sarcasm on my part. I wouldn't go that far (yet) but I like it so far. It's a work in progress. It's new and will probably be refined in one or two more drafts. But thank you.

normally I don't read anonymous posts but 2 people like to read quoted it and I am glad they did :thumb:
I love the thing, poem, whatever it is
so evocative for me, really hit home
score one for anonymous, too bad they don't post here under a username :o

Thank you Robby; that is nice of you to say.

Thanks and all, but I don't know if you realize this or not, but I didn't post it in the first place. I don't feel the need to put my shit up on a Morrissey website; that's what the blog/zines are for. The piece is a newer thing that some tiny-dicked, butthurt stalker troll found by searching me out on the internet outside of Solo, found the TBT blog, and copy and pasted that piece here to "shame" me or something. I don't mind; the blog is publicly searchable/readable and I didn't lose any sleep over it; in fact if anything I found it funny that some loser would go to the trouble of doing it in some impotent attempt to best me by putting it on this forum. I stand by anything I write, but that doesn't mean I'm going to spam it everywhere else I have online presence. Apparently Shitpants assumed that means I was embarrassed by it. Far from true.

The "brilliant" part was sarcasm on my part. I wouldn't go that far (yet) but I like it so far. It's a work in progress. It's new and will probably be refined in one or two more drafts. But thank you.

Trolls! f***ers! I am sure it is Tulip/Pet Troll. He seems obsessed with you as well. Can't think why he would think that poem would shame you. Just the opposite. Makes you look good.

Well, I certainly did not judge you for posting it anonymously--thinking you had, I mean. Or for claiming it was a masterpiece. Ha!

I have said it before, and I will say it again, you are a gifted writer and poet. That you are humble about it is admirable. But no need to be.

Pet Troll is just jealous. Check out his poems a few posts back. Ode to a Tit & Ode to a Forum Star. Lame.

Whoa, correction. I posted the poem, and I absolutely did *NOT* do so in a spirit of ridicule. I admired it very much.

With special boxed sets of TBT's zines available, as well as downloadable e-books of realitybites' journal entries, Morrissey-Solo is looking like the new Barnes and Noble!

Must be very gratifying for TBT to receive praise, by the way, from such intelligent people as RB and Robby.

You're certainly right that it's "on the way" to brilliance. Keep up the great work.

You're certainly right that it's "on the way" to brilliance. Keep up the great work.

Nah; I think a better use of my time would be to post anonymously on Morrissey Solo, and cryptically post pieces of people's blogs here after creepily stalking them on the internet.

You're a winner!

tumblr_mfnixbeq3F1qi82vgo1_500.gif

When Dad locks me in a room, I get furious,
When he slams the door and stuff he’s probably serious.
When I talk about it, it makes me sad.
I am glad he’s gonna go to a place where he’s gonna learn not to be that mad.

Trolls! f***ers! I am sure it is Tulip/Pet Troll. He seems obsessed with you as well.

I'm not entirely sure why you keep assuming you know the identity of every dumbf*** anonymous piece of shit who posts here; and furthermore why you insist on proclaiming your assumption to the forum at large. Even if you're right, you don't know you're right, and acting otherwise looks presumptuous and silly.

Can't think why he would think that poem would shame you. Just the opposite. Makes you look good.

That's nice of you and all, but let me break it down:

If I (anyone) does something creative/artistic/personal/fill in the blank and they do not talk about it here, link to it here, spam it here, etc...well, that looks weird to most people because these days everybody needs EVERYBODY EVERYWHERE to see all their shit. So after this guy stalked around online, found an entire blog of mine and realized I don't mention it here, he probably figured it was because I was ashamed of it...the logic being that if he thinks my writing sucks, then he most likely will assume the vast majority of others will think it sucks too. So, he figured he'd pull the rug out from under my feet by posting it.

I have said it before, and I will say it again, you are a gifted writer and poet. That you are humble about it is admirable. But no need to be.

It's not humility. Writing is an action so I don't mind being called a writer inasmuch as it is actually something literally do. But I don't think of myself as a writer, and certainly not as a poet, and I don't go out of my way to discuss it with people or define myself that way. I really don't even like the blog; it's just an online mirror of the paper zines, and half the time the blog is closed anyway because I hate the internet, and it was never conceived of as an online thing to begin with. But, truth be told, I cannot keep the paper copies stocked regularly enough, so the blog came about maybe four or five months ago because it would allow for readability of the back issues regardless of inventory. There was a Facebook prior to the blog but I f***ing hate Facebook, so I killed it.

Pet Troll is just jealous. Check out his poems a few posts back. Ode to a Tit & Ode to a Forum Star. Lame.

Yeah, I'll rush right over.

When Dad locks me in a room, I get furious,
When he slams the door and stuff he’s probably serious.
When I talk about it, it makes me sad.
I am glad he’s gonna go to a place where he’s gonna learn not to be that mad.

YY4IRHT2OJ46TZ2O23PBW6HLMTZX2HKM.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure why you keep assuming you know the identity of every dumbf*** anonymous piece of shit who posts here; and furthermore why you insist on proclaiming your assumption to the forum at large. Even if you're right, you don't know you're right, and acting otherwise looks presumptuous and silly.

Well, Tulip admitted to being Pet Troll. And Pet Troll now sounds like a broken record. Same BS. If only 5.6% of posters are trolls that makes how many trolls on Solo, if there are only 50 regular users? Not too many. Anonymous posting is confusing by nature. One person can look like many. But it often is a solitary asshole with too much time on HIS hands. Perhaps, we have at best, one or two sick sadistic f***ers who have no legitimate outlet to express their sadism. Doesn't matter if they are all Pet Troll. I see them all as Pets. Animals. So Pet Troll is how I'll roll. I don't look presumptuous and silly. They do. They are pets. Who is holding the leash now?

That's nice of you and all, but let me break it down:

If I (anyone) does something creative/artistic/personal/fill in the blank and they do not talk about it here, link to it here, spam it here, etc...well, that looks weird to most people because these days everybody needs EVERYBODY EVERYWHERE to see all their shit. So after this guy stalked around online, found an entire blog of mine and realized I don't mention it here, he probably figured it was because I was ashamed of it...the logic being that if he thinks my writing sucks, then he most likely will assume the vast majority of others will think it sucks too. So, he figured he'd pull the rug out from under my feet by posting it.

Perhaps. But it doesn't suck. So, InsultFail.

It's not humility. Writing is an action so I don't mind being called a writer inasmuch as it is actually something literally do. But I don't think of myself as a writer, and certainly not as a poet, and I don't go out of my way to discuss it with people or define myself that way. I really don't even like the blog; it's just an online mirror of the paper zines, and half the time the blog is closed anyway because I hate the internet, and it was never conceived of as an online thing to begin with. But, truth be told, I cannot keep the paper copies stocked regularly enough, so the blog came about maybe four or five months ago because it would allow for readability of the back issues regardless of inventory. There was a Facebook prior to the blog but I f***ing hate Facebook, so I killed it.

My grandmother wrote wonderful short stories which were published in her local retirement community newspaper. She was never paid. And probably would never label herself a writer for she was instead an English teacher, by trade, for forty years. But make no mistake, she was a writer. You don't have to be paid or published to be a writer or a poet. You just have to write prose and/or poetry. And have an audience. You have an audience.

Last edited:
Well, Tulip admitted to being Pet Troll. And Pet Troll now sounds like a broken record. Same BS. If only 5.6% of posters are trolls that makes how many trolls on Solo, if there are only 50 regular users? Not too many. Anonymous posting is confusing by nature. One person can look like many. But it often is a solitary asshole with too much time on HIS hands. Perhaps, we have at best, one or two sick sadistic f***ers who have no legitimate outlet to express their sadism. Doesn't matter if they are all Pet Troll. I see them all as Pets. Animals. So Pet Troll is how I'll roll. I don't look presumptuous and silly. They do. They are pets. Who is holding the leash now?

OK, well, I think you may have slightly more investment in the topic than I do...

Perhaps. But it doesn't suck. So, InsultFail.

My grandmother wrote wonderful short stories which were published in her local retirement community newspaper. She was never paid. And probably would never label herself a writer for she was instead an English teacher, by trade, for forty years. But make no mistake, she was a writer. You don't have to be paid or published to be a writer or a poet. You just have to write prose and/or poetry. And have an audience. You have an audience.

"it's nice to be liked, but it's better by far to get paid."

-Liz Phair.

Anyway, like I said, I appreciate you saying nice things; some people don't say nice things and some do but ultimately none of that can matter. As long as I enjoy it, I'll do it.

But I don't really want to discuss it any further, especially on good old Morrissey f***ing Solo.

Last edited:
OK, well, I think you may have slightly more investment in the topic than I do...

"it's nice to be liked, but it's better by far to get paid."

-Liz Phair.

Anyway, like I said, I appreciate you saying nice things; some people don't say nice things and some do but ultimately none of that can matter. Once, someone rode a motorcycle at 80 miles an hour down the expressway from Chicago to where I live, just to see me do a reading; a 45 minute drive that took them 25, just so they wouldn't be late.

And another time someone told me I sucked so bad that I should put my head in an oven, and they hoped my house burned down in the process.

So, I mean, it doesn't f***ing matter. As long as I enjoy it I'll do it.

But I don't really want to discuss it any further, especially on good old Morrissey f***ing Solo.

OK. Last post then. "So, I mean, it doesn't f***ing matter. As long as I enjoy it I'll do it." Yes, that IS all that matters.

Phenomenal woman

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.

I’m not cute or built to suit a fashion model’s size

But when I start to tell them,

They think I’m telling lies.

I say,

It’s in the reach of my arms,

The span of my hips,

The stride of my step,

The curl of my lips.

I’m a woman

Phenomenally.

Phenomenal woman,

That’s me.