It's Always Sunny... Parody (starring bored)

By Bored
Was what I did trolling? To you it was. Everything that we think... it happens in our own minds. In your mind, that is what I did. My vision of what happened is quite different. I have no problem with you saying that I am a troll because it's not about me. It's about you. Your experiences in life have lead you to the the point that your interpretation of my actions are what you say they are. If you said, "Dude, that was hysterical!" that would still be about you and not me. The only thing I can do is judge my own actions. I would not take them back. This makes me immune to all opinions, good or bad.

Bored, this appears a coherent argument on paper. Because we all interact in social situations, our actions, based on our beliefs/opinions, affect others. I put myself in the position of a concert-goer observing these events.
First I would back you in insisting you should take possession of the seat you paid for. Second, I'd agree that JR was behaving inconsiderately and probably relying on her status to excuse herself.
I would not agree your reaction (“die Julia”) was appropriate, in that the aggression implied is disproportionate to the offence. It wasn't just words, it was the intention and the way you said them which would've upset me. I'd also suggest that it would be inconsiderate of you to insist that your right to respond to the offence in the way you did, overrode the right of others to enjoy the concert experience in a relaxed atmosphere.

You say that others' opinions do not affect you, but Julia's opinion of you (that you are of lesser importance and can be pushed aside) played out in her actions obviously upset you.

By Scarlet Ibis
This would be laughable if it weren't so frustrating. You're defending your right to scream for someone to die during a concert. What kind of person are you?! You're comparing this to Morrissey wishing bad things for people (which I don't personally approve of, but it's his right to say how he feels), but you're not understanding that he didn't interrupt a concert by screaming these things. That's a huge difference. If he had done that I would lose respect for him... But he would never do that.

SI, Bored has the right to behave how he thinks best. If some people think less of him because of that, its a consequence of his actions as much as the opinions others hold about how he should behave.
Morrissey has the right to behave how he thinks best. If some people think less of him because of that, its a consequence of his actions as much as the opinions others hold about how he should behave.

I get the impression that you would forgive Morrissey more readily and I wonder on what basis, since I assume (and I might be wrong) that you know Morrissey as little as you know Bored.

By Cornelius Blaze
Does anyone know when it's Uncle Skinny turn?
I was wondering..:lbf:

Last edited:
Ahh.. so much noise.

I would just like to say that I didn't hide. I yelled what I yelled and I stood right where I was. Don't portray me innaccurately.

I respect everyone's opinion. I just think people are making WAY to big of a deal about something that lasted all of 2 seconds.

I also think that SI is bent out of shape because I'm the one that issued one of the infractions on jamescagney. It was a unilateral moderator decision but she was nice to me until that day and since that has railed against me every chance she could. Regardless of how you feel about my moral compass it has nothing to do with the way I moderate. I moderate based on the TOS and the discussions with other mods and the site owner. If you have a problem with the way I moderate please send davidt a detailed explanation of why I am so bad and convince him to relieve me of such duties.

It's kind of like "This Charming Man" in that some people really like the new rockier version and some don't. Just because I think it's great and blows away the original doesn't mean I speak for everyone.

now that's trolling. :clap:

Maybe bored was just channeling Brutus? :p

"On the Ides of March (15 March; see Roman calendar) of 44 BC, Caesar was due to appear at a session of the Senate. Mark Antony, having vaguely learned of the plot the night before from a terrified Liberator named Servilius Casca, and fearing the worst, went to head Caesar off at the steps of the forum. However, the group of senators intercepted Caesar just as he was passing the Theatre of Pompey, located in the Campus Martius, and directed him to a room adjoining the east portico.[97]

The senators encircle Caesar.
According to Plutarch, as Caesar arrived at the Senate Tillius Cimber presented him with a petition to recall his exiled brother.[98] The other conspirators crowded round to offer support. Both Plutarch and Suetonius say that Caesar waved him away, but Cimber grabbed his shoulders and pulled down Caesar's tunic. Caesar then cried to Cimber, "Why, this is violence!" ("Ista quidem vis est!").[99] At the same time, Casca produced his dagger and made a glancing thrust at the dictator's neck. Caesar turned around quickly and caught Casca by the arm. According to Plutarch, he said in Latin, "Casca, you villain, what are you doing?"[100] Casca, frightened, shouted "Help, brother!" in Greek ("ἀδελφέ, βοήθει!", "adelphe, boethei!"). Within moments, the entire group, including Brutus, was striking out at the dictator. Caesar attempted to get away, but, blinded by blood, he tripped and fell; the men continued stabbing him as he lay defenceless on the lower steps of the portico. According to Eutropius, around sixty or more men participated in the assassination. He was stabbed 23 times.[101] According to Suetonius, a physician later established that only one wound, the second one to his chest, had been lethal.[102]
The dictator's last words are not known with certainty, and are a contested subject among scholars and historians alike. Suetonius reports that others have said Caesar's last words were the Greek phrase "καὶ σύ, τέκνον;"[103] (transliterated as "Kai su, teknon?": "You too, child?" in English). However, Suetonius himself says Caesar said nothing.[99] Plutarch also reports that Caesar said nothing, pulling his toga over his head when he saw Brutus among the conspirators.[104] The version best known in the English-speaking world is the Latin phrase "Et tu, Brute?" ("And you, Brutus?", commonly rendered as "You too, Brutus?");[105][106] this derives from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, where it actually forms the first half of a macaronic line: "Et tu, Brute? Then fall, Caesar." It has no basis in historical fact and Shakespeare's use of Latin here is not from any assertion that Caesar would have been using the language, rather than the Greek reported by Suetonius, but because the phrase was already popular at the time the play was written.[107]
According to Plutarch, after the assassination, Brutus stepped forward as if to say something to his fellow senators; they, however, fled the building.[108] Brutus and his companions then marched to the Capitol while crying out to their beloved city: "People of Rome, we are once again free!". They were met with silence, as the citizens of Rome had locked themselves inside their houses as soon as the rumour of what had taken place had begun to spread.
A wax statue of Caesar was erected in the forum displaying the 23 stab wounds. A crowd who had amassed there started a fire, which badly damaged the forum and neighbouring buildings. In the ensuing chaos Mark Antony, Octavian (later Augustus Caesar), and others fought a series of five civil wars, which would end in the formation of the Roman Empire."

Maybe bored was just channeling Brutus? :p

"On the Ides of March (15 March; see Roman calendar) of 44 BC, Caesar was due to appear at a session of the Senate. Mark Antony, having vaguely learned of the plot the night before from a terrified Liberator named Servilius Casca, and fearing the worst, went to head Caesar off at the steps of the forum. However, the group of senators intercepted Caesar just as he was passing the Theatre of Pompey, located in the Campus Martius, and directed him to a room adjoining the east portico.[97]

The senators encircle Caesar.
According to Plutarch, as Caesar arrived at the Senate Tillius Cimber presented him with a petition to recall his exiled brother.[98] The other conspirators crowded round to offer support. Both Plutarch and Suetonius say that Caesar waved him away, but Cimber grabbed his shoulders and pulled down Caesar's tunic. Caesar then cried to Cimber, "Why, this is violence!" ("Ista quidem vis est!").[99] At the same time, Casca produced his dagger and made a glancing thrust at the dictator's neck. Caesar turned around quickly and caught Casca by the arm. According to Plutarch, he said in Latin, "Casca, you villain, what are you doing?"[100] Casca, frightened, shouted "Help, brother!" in Greek ("ἀδελφέ, βοήθει!", "adelphe, boethei!"). Within moments, the entire group, including Brutus, was striking out at the dictator. Caesar attempted to get away, but, blinded by blood, he tripped and fell; the men continued stabbing him as he lay defenceless on the lower steps of the portico. According to Eutropius, around sixty or more men participated in the assassination. He was stabbed 23 times.[101] According to Suetonius, a physician later established that only one wound, the second one to his chest, had been lethal.[102]
The dictator's last words are not known with certainty, and are a contested subject among scholars and historians alike. Suetonius reports that others have said Caesar's last words were the Greek phrase "καὶ σύ, τέκνον;"[103] (transliterated as "Kai su, teknon?": "You too, child?" in English). However, Suetonius himself says Caesar said nothing.[99] Plutarch also reports that Caesar said nothing, pulling his toga over his head when he saw Brutus among the conspirators.[104] The version best known in the English-speaking world is the Latin phrase "Et tu, Brute?" ("And you, Brutus?", commonly rendered as "You too, Brutus?");[105][106] this derives from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, where it actually forms the first half of a macaronic line: "Et tu, Brute? Then fall, Caesar." It has no basis in historical fact and Shakespeare's use of Latin here is not from any assertion that Caesar would have been using the language, rather than the Greek reported by Suetonius, but because the phrase was already popular at the time the play was written.[107]
According to Plutarch, after the assassination, Brutus stepped forward as if to say something to his fellow senators; they, however, fled the building.[108] Brutus and his companions then marched to the Capitol while crying out to their beloved city: "People of Rome, we are once again free!". They were met with silence, as the citizens of Rome had locked themselves inside their houses as soon as the rumour of what had taken place had begun to spread.
A wax statue of Caesar was erected in the forum displaying the 23 stab wounds. A crowd who had amassed there started a fire, which badly damaged the forum and neighbouring buildings. In the ensuing chaos Mark Antony, Octavian (later Augustus Caesar), and others fought a series of five civil wars, which would end in the formation of the Roman Empire."
Great to see that someone reads Plutarch.I also love Herodotus and Suetonius.I love ancient history.But my fave is "De bello gallico"by Julius Cesar.G.W.Bush should read it.

Great to see that someone reads Plutarch.I also love Herodotus and Suetonius.I love ancient history.But my fave is "De bello gallico"by Julius Cesar.G.W.Bush should read it.

confessiontiem

I read wikipedia. :o :p

But maybe some day when my brain isn't so busy processing the world I'll read those things. I can't even comment on a Lady Gaga video there's so much going on upstairs.

confessiontiem

I read wikipedia. :o :p

But maybe some day when my brain isn't so busy processing the world I'll read those things. I can't even comment on a Lady Gaga video there's so much going on upstairs.
Aha ok,but anyway its nice to see someone interested in ancient history:).I love ancient history,esp.greek and roman.:)

Back
Top Bottom