It happened on the day you were born

Jukebox Jury

Retired
I thought I'd put this thread up, to see if any of you know what was the lead story on the day you were born.

It is my youngest daughters birthday today (16 candles on her cake) and I kept the Manchester Evening News from her date of birth and showed it her today.....
Headline:

'Grandmother kicked senseless for a sandwich':eek:
The picture showed the extent to which the grandmother was kicked all over, by some knobhead who just wanted her sandwich.....

Mind you, this was not as bad as the front page of the MEN for her elder sister, now 18....:

'Tory MP found dead in bizarre sex game':squiffy:
Some Tory MP was found dead with a bag on his head, orange in his mouth....:crazy:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Re: It happened on the day you were born.....

A woman at work came to see me last year. She wanted advice on buying a bottle of wine for her new grandson. She explained that she wanted the year of his birth on the label, so she could keep it to give to him on his 18th. She had come to me in desperation, as she couldn't find one and was put off approaching a wine merchant. I had to gently explain that the grapes were still on the vine. I'm sure she thought I was taking the piss?

The good old days.

Yes, the lad was gutted on discovering the sandwich was only egg mayo with watercress..... he wanted a ham salad:D

Jukebox Jury

He wanted turkey...with stuffing :eek:

My father did that for me, too. He saved the Washington Post (I was born in Washington, DC) from the day I was born, and gave it to me as a present on one of my birthdays (forget which one :o). It's actually still at my mom's house, so I can't look at it right now, but I believe the lead story was about a US citizen discovered to be a Soviet spy.

I thought I'd put this thread up, to see if any of you know what was the lead story on the day you were born.

It is my youngest daughters birthday today (16 candles on her cake) and I kept the Manchester Evening News from her date of birth and showed it her today.....
Headline:

'Grandmother kicked senseless for a sandwich':eek:
The picture showed the extent to which the grandmother was kicked all over, by some knobhead who just wanted her sandwich.....

Mind you, this was not as bad as the front page of the MEN for her elder sister, now 18....:

'Tory MP found dead in bizarre sex game':squiffy:
Some Tory MP was found dead with a bag on his head, orange in his mouth....:crazy:

Jukebox Jury

Firstly, that was my sandwich she stole. Secondly, it was a satsuma. We.. I mean he couldn't fit a whole orange in.

September 20, 1966
Event:
U.S. Surveyor B launched toward Moon; crashed Sept 23

November 17, 1967:

Beatles Ltd & Apple Music Ltd swap names

Back
Top Bottom