It’s not about politics

ive watched it so many times :lbf:
Literally as she says the 'she/her' pronouns bit the cat looks up and thinks to themselves, 'not on my watch' and ends the clip looking fairly satisfied with their work.

I can't imagine what point you're trying to make.
"It might slake some thirst for revenge." Most people call a murder conviction justice and not revenge.
"But ultimately is it not the worst result?" Compared to what? What do you believe the best result would be?
"It pretty much alleviates the the police department itself of any responsibility." It seems like you're saying that the police department should be held responsible and that by one individual officer being held responsible they are being let off the hook. I don't think that's true. There has already been a financial settlement. Seeing police convicted of the crimes they commit while on duty is very rare. This sends a message to every police officer that they are not above the law. It's not about just this one officer and this one incident.
In the UK we have notions of corporate manslaughter and corporate homocide. Though I accept it’s legislation that the state is loathed to put into action. For obvious reasons.

But yes. I’d say the US would’ve been well served by a similar process—assuming the aim was something more than satisfying some primal (and so easily understandable) urges amongst the general public, which recover a misguided faith in the police.The aim, as I’ve suggested, might be no more than that.

Perhaps America will do what we do here in the UK and have ‘a review’ or even ‘an internal inquiry’. The public here like reviews and internal inquiries.

In the UK we have notions of corporate manslaughter and corporate homocide. Though I accept it’s legislation that the state is loathed to put into action. For obvious reasons.

But yes. I’d say the US would’ve been well served by a similar process—assuming the aim was something more than satisfying some primal (and so easily understandable) urges amongst the general public, which recover a misguided faith in the police.The aim, as I’ve suggested, might be no more than that.

Perhaps America will do what we do here in the UK and have ‘a review’ or even ‘an internal inquiry’. The public here like reviews and internal inquiries.
BLM is not about to recover their faith in the police. because faith in the police doesnt serve their agenda. they cant wield it as a weapon. in reality they probably wanted chauvin to be found not guilty as a pretext for ramping up their terrorism.

the idea of punishment is for the wrong doer to atone and to learn from his actions. it is as much for the sake of the character of the wrong doer as it is for the victim--or at least that's how it should be in a healthy society. revenge should have nothing to do with atonement.
So you torture someone and feel good if you notice some ostensible change of heart. I’d agree that that indeed is the essence of Western(ized) justice.

and BLM is NOT the general public. it is a VERY small and VERY loud terrorist organization whose explicit stated goal is the destruction of liberal democratic societies.

So you torture someone and feel good if you notice some ostensible change of heart. I’d agree that that indeed is the essence of Western(ized) justice.
it's about understanding. understanding what you did is wrong and the devastating effect it had on many (including yourself-- i've always said that whatever richard ramirez did to his victims what he did to himself was far worse) and understanding that it's not worth it and that you dont want to do it again. that is a worthy goal of punishment. it has nothing to do with "feeling good". geez, what a simplistic way of viewing things.

and BLM is NOT the general public. it is a VERY small and VERY loud terrorist organization whose explicit stated goal is the destruction of liberal democratic societies.
They do have great real estate/wealth creation initiative for their trained Marxist leaders though, LOL

BLM isn’t the general public. But I’d imagine the way America squanders human lives, for kicks, is of wide interest. And the issue of class, and it’s consequences in America, is still on the radar for many people.

They do have great real estate/wealth creation initiative for their trained Marxist leaders though, LOL
they're doing it for their families (even if they're against the nuclear family)! they're allowed! wanting to provide for your family is something peculiar to black marxists and renders them exempt from their own agenda.

BLM isn’t the general public. But I’d imagine the way America squanders human lives, for kicks, is of wide interest. And the issue of class, and it’s consequences in America, is still on the radar for many people.
who are you referring to when you say 'america'? are you still refering to the police or have you shifted to talking about the civillians, and which civillians are you referring to? are you including black people in that?

it's about understanding. understanding what you did is wrong and the devastating effect it had on many (including yourself-- i've always said that whatever richard ramirez did to his victims what he did to himself was far worse) and understanding that it's not worth it and that you dont want to do it again. that is a worthy goal of punishment. it has nothing to do with "feeling good". geez, what a simplistic way of viewing things.
It’s certainly not my intention to rob anyone of their comforting myths. Forgive me.

It’s certainly not my intention to rob anyone of their comforting myths. Forgive me.
so wanting someone to suffer for revenge is a totally healthy reality in your world, is it? interesting.

and what do you suppose the appropriate punishment should be for a man who holds a gun to a pregnant womans stomach in front of her little boy??

Back
Top Bottom