Is Windoze 7 worth it?

I don't use it but my hubby does, and he's very content. Is it better than Vista? ANYTHING is better than Vista. Even WindowsXP. :thumb:

I don't use it but my hubby does, and he's very content. Is it better than Vista? ANYTHING is better than Vista. Even WindowsXP. :thumb:

This. I just got a wee laptop for the kids, and it has Windows 7 on, which is a vast improvement on Vista, which we had before. I still use XP though. Much easier to get around.

Peter

Is it worth it?
I say to me yes.
I ran the beta for a couple of months with no trouble at all.so I pre ordered a copy.
Is it better than Vista?I don't know,I upped from XP.
I still have my XP disc but haven't been tempted in the slightest to go back to it.
Everything that worked on XP worked on 7.I had to get new drivers for my printer and mobile phone software that's all.
If I program won't install you can use the compatibility mode.I think I used that on two very old programs,that I like.
It's a thumbs up from me anyway.:thumb:

----------------
Now playing: Goldie Looking Chain - Your Missus is A Nutter
via FoxyTunes

I use XP at home but have used the 7 Beta on a laptop for a couple of months and I'd say yes it is definitely worth it, particularly if youre PC is high-spec.

How come people don't like Vista? I have it and have no problems....am I missing something?

My friend's computer was giving him trouble.

He had Vista with 2GB of RAM.
I found one of the memory sticks was bad.
I told him that I could pull one out and install XP and he wouldn't have to spend any money.

He was happy with that and when he got his computer back he couldn't believe how much faster it was despite losing half its memory.

Vista is crap.

On the other hand, every version of windows is complete crap.

I have an ultra tuned version of XP on my computer. Every possible thing that could be disabled has been. I don't think I could get it to run any faster.

To boot all the way into windows and load firefox takes about 2 minutes on my slow pentium 4 computer. A computer designed to work with XP.

When I boot the same computer into the latest version of Ubuntu Linux I boot and start firefox in about 35 seconds.

These are the kinds of things that a non-computer geek should be able to at least appreciate that Microsoft does not make the best products.

Microsoft got entrenched in our lives in 80's when Apple wanted to be the BMW of computers and refused to lower prices. Despite being a better interface and more network capable, the Mac was passed over by bottom line business folks.

By the early 90's it was too late. For people to change platforms everyone who took huge salaries for the decision to go with Microsoft would have to admit they were wrong and they continue this same mentality as we are about to go into the 4th decade of Microsoft dominance.

Linux didn't even exist until the mid 90's and didn't actually get commercially backed until around 2000 for servers. Many companies use linux for servers as well as unix platforms from Sun, IBM and BSD. The windows footprint from a server perspective is shrinking but the desktop is not.

Is Win 7 worth it over Vista? Probably... but that doesn't make it the best choice. It's more like asking, which should I chose, a broken pinky or a broken thumb.

If you're tech savy go with linux. If not, drop the extra money and buy a mac.

If you have to go with windows re-evaluate your life ;)

How come people don't like Vista? I have it and have no problems....am I missing something?

I have it on my PC as well and its not "bad". Other than the driver issues at first, its been stable.

I think a lot of the issues are due to people that had XP that tried to upgrade to Vista and didn't know what they were doing.

I'd love to buy a MAC but I got a monster PC for like $1500 when I bought mine and a comparable MAC would have been super bare. That being said, I would look at buying a MAC on the next go around.

Hey Bored!
When I bought my PC I paid extra to have XP instead of Vista, 'cause of the poor Vista reputation.

Since, I've dual-booted XP and Linux on my PC. I prefer to use Linux most the time, :cool: but just can't get over the audio recording problems on Linux. So while I love it, I havn't dumped the Windoze yet.
I have set up Linux on an elderly laptop and it runs a treat. I set up Xp SP3 on another old laptop and it's dozy slooooooow. :sleeping:

I'll look into 7 though. How long do you think before Mac is thoroughly cracked, or they are forced to drop the price. Or will Linux type viruses appear as it begins to challenge the Msft/Mac market seriously?

Back
Top Bottom