Is Morrissey's father still alive?

father4morrisseys-dad.jpg

I believe Peter is alive and kicking.
Regards,
FWD.

Such good-looking parents. He's so like his dad that it's weird to see him sitting there, relaxed and laughing, in a very un-Morrissey pose. Interesting also the way he's surrounded by images of Elvis - perhaps this is where his son began his lifelong fascination with iconography.

37806870572_accf06d396_o.jpg

~ Camden Son, c.1994, by The Lodger, smiling, for the record

;)

Reckon The California Son also inherited his love of basketball. Elvis and basketball. Don't get anymore American than that mate in n nnn nn nn nnnn nnn n n din't n n nn it.

Pete .jpg
Steve Dunking.jpg

I reckon Steve and his pops shootin' backyard hoops in the San Fernando Valley while listening to Elvis. Reckon sounds like a Norman Rockwell painting da ya knaw whatta mean din't in n nnn n it m8. I reckon if Steve was calling himself "The California Son" already back then.

Last edited:
I know it's private and all that, but the relationship with his father really intrigues me. What caused a rift? Are they closer now?

I know it's private and all that, but the relationship with his father really intrigues me. What caused a rift? Are they closer now?

He never forgave him for "Golden Lights"...

In his Desert Island Discs interview Morrissey said that his father thought he was a bit of a lunatic when he was a teenager and that this was the great separating point between them.

Yes, me too. It's my guess that his straightforward, manly father struggled with the fact that he wasn't more... straightforwardly manly.

Well, he's seemingly ok with things enough to turn up at the RAH in 2002 to see his son play.
I think there was a more recent concert attendance, but can't find it to quote.
I've seen Kewpie reference a rumour / NME gossip column info re: turning up drunk at a Smiths gig then in the early 90's ringing an Irish radio station demanding they play his son's record.
I can't find much about those events either though.
Regards,
FWD.

Well, he's seemingly ok with things enough to turn up at the RAH in 2002 to see his son play.
I think there was a more recent concert attendance, but can't find it to quote.
I've seen Kewpie reference a rumour / NME gossip column info re: turning up drunk at a Smiths gig then in the early 90's ringing an Irish radio station demanding they play his son's record.
I can't find much about those events either though.
Regards,
FWD.

I’m sure he’s proud of his sons success. And with time there usually can be a kind of acceptance of differences between parents and their offspring. But underneath it all... the damage is done.

And what a beautiful damage....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom