Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

They don't need it!

They can get your data from your phone.
They can do all sorts of things. This, in itself, doesn’t justify a further erosion of liberty. Remember that?

22895AD5-D2B9-4EBB-A66F-3ECCF1636C8A.jpeg

They can do all sorts of things. This, in itself, doesn’t justify a further erosion of liberty. Remember that?

View attachment 74852

The ID scheme was only ever to save time - all your details in one database.

We've got birth, death, marriage certificates, passports, driver's licenses, insurance policies, national insurance cards, the electoral roll, disclosure, credit, debit & loyalty cards, dental & medical records, utility bills, tax...

The other worry is being forced to carry ID that the police can demand to see at any time & no one's suggested that.

That's not what I meant. But anyway Nabokov and Amis are nothing alike. Absolutely nothing alike. Perhaps it is Kurt vonnegut you're thinking of who makes you think of Amis.

I’m thought of amis because amis talks about him so much, especially in inside story his last novel of life writing

The ID scheme was only ever to save time - all your details in one database.

We've got birth, death, marriage certificates, passports, driver's licenses, insurance policies, national insurance cards, the electoral roll, disclosure, credit, debit & loyalty cards, dental & medical records, utility bills, tax...

The other worry is being forced to carry ID that the police can demand to see at any time & no one's suggested that.
If we are to believe the official narrative, no one was suggesting any ID scheme at all, this time last year. And yet here we are.

If this scheme was simply about proving you are Covid safe—there are already three ways to do that: (1) the vaccine card (2) the paper certificate and (3) a test result. One might assume then that the apparently collateral damage, of a hugely expensive digital scheme, is the actual quarry.

I’m old enough to remember the campaign for HIV ‘passports’, and how even asking for a test denied you insurance, a mortgage and sometimes work. The purpose of the Covid passport, and any ID scheme, is to afford discrimination, prejudice and exclusion through the bearing of authority.

Thank god Liberty and the Tory fringe are on the case, whilst the Labour Party is flashing its draconian credentials.

If we are to believe the official narrative, no one was suggesting any ID scheme at all, this time last year. And yet here we are.

If this scheme was simply about proving you are Covid safe—there are already three ways to do that: (1) the vaccine card (2) the paper certificate and (3) a test result. One might assume then that the apparently collateral damage, of a hugely expensive digital scheme, is the actual quarry.

I’m old enough to remember the campaign for HIV ‘passports’, and how even asking for a test denied you insurance, a mortgage and sometimes work. The purpose of the Covid passport, and any ID scheme, is to afford discrimination, prejudice and exclusion through the bearing of authority.

Thank god Liberty and the Tory fringe are on the case, whilst the Labour Party is flashing its draconian credentials.

Labour isn't supporting it because it won't actually work. And Boris is only suggesting it to look as if he's thinking about health.

Good, the sooner everyone is vaccinated, the sooner the pandemic will end. It's not you vs. the government, it's everyone against the virus. If mandates and passports are what works, then so be it.
Ummmm except cases are surging again in Israel, one of the most highly vaccinated countries in the world, current hospital admissions for the Delta variant have twice as many vaccinated admissions as non-vaccinated which is exactly as some doctors were predicting. The ‘vaccine’ offers some protection from the native virus but lowers your immunity to other strands.

The idea that if everyone was vaccinated the virus would end is nonsense really.

Israel vaccinated early like in Jan and some are suggesting that the effectiveness has just eroded over time like most vaccines. Here’s an article on the subject. It was a very narrow study with a small sample and a very limited window of time. Article should show why vaccines are still effective and the best way to emerge from the pandemics hold

Ummmm except cases are surging again in Israel, one of the most highly vaccinated countries in the world, current hospital admissions for the Delta variant have twice as many vaccinated admissions as non-vaccinated which is exactly as some doctors were predicting.

The ‘vaccine’ offers some protection from the native virus but lowers your immunity to other strands.

Would be interested in reading more about this, do you have any links to articles about it? Thanks

The idea that if everyone was vaccinated the virus would end is nonsense really.

Labour isn't supporting it because it won't actually work. And Boris is only suggesting it to look as if he's thinking about health.
I mentioned Labour’s advocation due to Starmer’s support for a sports venue passport system this morning (as reported on The Independent’s website). My guess is, in the name of equality or some such, he will end up arguing for something more comprehensive—and oppressive.

I hope The PM’s position is as indifferent as you suggest, but whilst I recognise he’s daft, I also see he’s incredibly impressionable—and melts in the presence of wealthy men.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mentioned Labour’s advocation due to Starmer’s support for a sports venue passport system this morning (as reported on The Independent’s website). My guess is, in the name of equality or some such, he will end up arguing for something more comprehensive—and oppressive.

I hope The PM’s position is as indifferent as you suggest, but whilst I recognise he’s daft, I also see he’s incredibly impressionable—and melts in the presence of wealthy men.

He was waffling on a radio station. It's not policy. And literally no one has any interest in the NHS app being used to oppress the public. They want them spending money without embarrassing infection rates. And any idea will do.

He was waffling on a radio station. It's not policy. And literally no one has any interest in the NHS app being used to oppress the public. They want them spending money without embarrassing infection rates. And any idea will do.
Oppression can be insidious, and simply about relationships.

From your standpoint, the roll out of CCTV cameras everywhere would be described as a benign act of commercial common sense.

But it’s when things like lockdowns happen that the oppression is recognised: in China, for instance, CCTV is being used together with facial recognition technology to identify and prosecute lockdown transgressors. Our own CCTV systems would be actualised for the same, should the hysterical fear stop working.Governments only present themselves as liberal as long as things are rolling their way.

If a population, or individuals, threaten to act with real agency all possibilities are actualised: Gordon Brown suggested deploying troops—fairly early on in the situation—when the economy had a hiccup in 2008.

For further evidence of what our own government institutions are capable of, just read the story of Des Warren.

I trust you’ve heard the story of the frog and the scorpion?

Back
Top Bottom