Is childbirth obscene?

Is childbirth obscene?

• Total voters

chica

v2.0
Personally, I feel that considering childbirth obscene is misogynist. How about you?

There is nothing wrong with childbirth, it just looks so terribly painful that it's hard to watch.

No, it's not obscene. It's actually a miracle of nature that woman
can handle it.

Why? Who said it was obscene??

Oh, no one said that explicitly, but it looks like posting childbirth images may be against rules of member conduct on this site! Since those rules forbid posting

Code:
any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable

I tried to figure out what category childbirth fits best and I thought maybe "obscene" is the closest fit. Or maybe "vulgar"? Is childbirth at least vulgar, if it's not obscene? :confused:

No, Chica, they're just really gross. And you only posted them to get a rise out of people, so don't act all innocent when you succeed. :rolleyes:

Besides, I doubt you got permission from the copyright owner before reposting them. How would you like it if someone posted your private parts all over the internet?

No, Chica, they're just really gross. And you only posted them to get a rise out of people, so don't act all innocent when you succeed. :rolleyes:

Besides, I doubt you got permission from the copyright owner before reposting them. How would you like it if someone posted your private parts all over the internet?

But if you can find it by googling, you can repost it, right? :confused:

I must say I don't know much about author's rights, am I going to be banned for piracy? :eek:

Yes, it is. Obscene has many meanings, but one of the ways it is used is to describe something repulsive or disgusting. Is a 7 pound sack of flesh ripping it's way out of a vagina, covered in blood, and bodily fluids while the mother screams and yells in pain disgusting or repulsive? You're damn straight it is. Unless you are some sort of a freak who enjoys that sort of thing.

Had you have been the business end when I gave birth you would have said so.

Unmentionable things occured too extreme for your delicate constitutions.

With my second the OH passed out and it was bloody me in agony.I think it was when the knife came out and the cut was made and about a pint of blood ended up on the midwife.:D

It's ugly and outdated.

Yes, it is. Obscene has many meanings, but one of the ways it is used is to describe something repulsive or disgusting. Is a 7 pound sack of flesh ripping it's way out of a vagina, covered in blood, and bodily fluids while the mother screams and yells in pain disgusting or repulsive? You're damn straight it is. Unless you are some sort of a freak who enjoys that sort of thing.

Who says feminists and misogynists can't agree on anything :p ;)

Nope, it's not obscene but it's not something i want to look at while having my morning cornflakes.
It's pretty obvious to me that you are some sort of agent provocateur around this parts, so I totally understand why you keep posting so much crap on this forum, but hey..... whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:

I couldn't agree more.

It's usually not the process the child comes to this world but rather the child itself, that is obscene.

Yes, it is. Obscene has many meanings, but one of the ways it is used is to describe something repulsive or disgusting.

Just like the sex that created the child, eh? :rolleyes:

Tags
question teeth
Back
Top Bottom