Independent.ie review by Barry Egan - IANADOAC

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date

Will someone please bury journalism's corpse?

The random selection of Moz Crimes are: THE PIN, saying Sadiq Khan, with his estuary accent, can't talk properly is racist (even though Moz has slagged off Johnny Marr & Cilla Black for their accents & had his own slagged off & it's technically snobbery or reverse snobbery) & slagging off Diane Abbott, which is racist. No mention of him slagging off Theresa May IN THE SAME INTERVIEW.

Plus some weird jaunt through Moz's suicidal depression - as if that isn't a possible explanation for his random statements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bury journalist's corpse? They write a review you don't like which includes factual quotations, and you want them dead? You're a f***ing disgrace.

Last edited:
Bury journalist's corpse? They wrtite a review you don't like which includes factual quotations, and you want them dead? You're a f***ing disgrace.
You have been criticising people on this site for years mostly for things they say, yet the foul language you use seems to be acceptable to you. Has it never occurred to you that any valid points you may make are lost due to your choice of words? You kill your own arguments stone dead.

Bury journalist's corpse? They wrtite a review you don't like which includes factual quotations, and you want them dead? You're a f***ing disgrace.

Oh, you silly old man
You silly old man
You're making a fool of yourself
So get off the stage

Race has got nothing to do with it - Diane Abbott quite clearly is a blithering idiot and a large art of the reason Labour lost so badly. Who would want her to be in charge of anything? Hell - I'd sooner vote for Russ Abbott.

I typed in barry egan and theres one in Ireland whos a retired hurler,hahaha.
anyone called barry should not be taken seriously.
these articles are toilet paper{if you can find any},don't take them seriously.

That "review" makes almost no sense, but some credit to the journalist for exhuming this sentence from Autobiography in relation to "Jim Jim Falls":

"Yet there comes a point when the suicidalist must shut it down if only in order to save face."

Bury journalist's corpse? They write a review you don't like which includes factual quotations, and you want them dead? You're a f***ing disgrace.
[/QUO]

Have the clocks changed where you are? That's about an hour late for your first incoherent rant of the day on here.

That "review" makes almost no sense, but some credit to the journalist for exhuming this sentence from Autobiography in relation to "Jim Jim Falls":

"Yet there comes a point when the suicidalist must shut it down if only in order to save face."
hes probably nicked it either from on here or another review.

"The former lead singer of The Smiths then made a moronic and clearly racist statement about Sadiq Khan, London's first Muslim mayor, to the effect that he "cannot talk properly", as well as also saying just as moronically that "Even Tesco wouldn't employ Diane Abbott", in reference to the shadow home secretary."

I don't think this equates to being a racist, does it? Not sure Moz would want to attack Khan on his London accent, but is that racism? No, I don't think so? And I say this as someone who speaks very similar to Khan, being a Londoner myself.

As for Diane Abbott, this quote came at a time when she did no favours but to make herself look and sound incompetent, hence Moz saying not evening Tesco would employ her.

When someone calls you racist, what they are saying is “hmm, you actually have a point, and I don’t know how to answer it, so perhaps if I distract you by calling you a bigot we’ll both forget how enlightened your comment was.

I wish Moz would expand on his reasoning for supporting For Britain, but I guess so-called journalist have sharpened cleavers, ready.

“Not a dog” is in my humble opinion the best Morrissey solo effort in many, many years.

I almost gave up hope, but finally His Mozjesty has come back to claim his throne.

“Not a dog” is an absolute stellar album!

I love it.

As a fellow Irishman, I would normally go crazy at a review like this but strangely (and credit where it's due) Barry does seem to be a Moz fan. He even tweeted out Fantastic Bird in 2013! :D

Will someone please bury journalism's corpse?

The random selection of Moz Crimes is: THE PIN, saying Sadiq Khan, with his estuary accent, can't talk properly is racist (even though Moz has slagged off Johnny Marr & Cilla Black for their accents & had his own slagged off & it's technically snobbery or reverse snobbery) & slagging off Diane Abbott, which is racist. No mention of him slagging off Theresa May IN THE SAME INTERVIEW.

Plus some weird jaunt through Moz's suicidal depression - as if that isn't a possible explanation for his random statements.
Barry Egan at the best of times is a cringeworthy read and a very bad writer. His obsequiousness towards those he considers worthy of the title "celebrity" and his ensuing musings about the encounters are stomach churning. He's not known for getting his facts right, instead exaggeration and simple minded statements are his norm.
Morrissey should be proud he's not on Mr Egans boot licking list.
I'm so glad He has defied (these sorts) expectations with this great new piece of work.

I typed in barry egan and theres one in Ireland whos a retired hurler,hahaha.
anyone called barry should not be taken seriously.
these articles are toilet paper{if you can find any},don't take them seriously.
I would take Barry Egan the retired Cork hurler , far more seriously than the "writer" Barry Egan. The formers hurling days are indeed done, the latters writing days have always been dubious.

“Not a dog” is in my humble opinion the best Morrissey solo effort in many, many years.

I almost gave up hope, but finally His Mozjesty has come back to claim his throne.

I love it.
In fact, it is up there with his very best work bare none! Moz has kicked ass with this release. Well said indeed an absolute steller album!

What a clown - UncleForeSkin only sees what he wants to see, and now he is purposely misreading posts.

I love it.
I love it too.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom