Illness As Art - new Smiths & Morrissey interview and information archive

Months ago I came here asking for assistance, and also alluded to a project of mine; Collecting and sharing a scan, transcript (or both) of all of The Smiths' and Morrissey's interviews. Well, today I've come to share the link to my new website hosting what I collected and salvaged from now long dead and gone sites and archives. The site is called Illness As Art, an homage to the older Smiths sites that were named after the record matrix etchings. Credit is given on the about page for all the information sites that helped, but it was a lot of work to try to save these wonderful scans before they were lost completely (web archive unfortunately couldn't save everything.)

So far, the site is up to date for all of The Smiths' era. Going forward, I'll begin on uploading Morrissey's solo era, but I felt that The Smiths era was a good checkpoint to take a break and share some of the hard work my friend and I have put in to revive the access to these interviews (and more). Below I've shared the link, and a snapshot of the current homepage design.

https://illnessasart.com/

homepage.JPG

Looks like a hell of a lot of work has gone into that. Bookmarked.
Thanks/appreciated.

Hardcore Congratulations. And Thank You Kindly for this.
í can only really imagine how much concerted effort went into this. í thought alot of this material was gone for good, in the light of 'recent descents'. Heartening to know someone was out there squirreling away.

PS ~ More power to your deathly elbow ;)

Gracias gracias !!!digno de alguien que utiliza correctamente este sitio,un lugar para rendir homenaje a un master como Moz, es un aporte muy valioso!!! Felicitaciones totales ojala que Morrissey lo vea y te cante congratulations!!????

This is great — I love reading old interviews by Morrissey. Always a pleasure to get a peek inside his mind all throughout his musical career. Thanks for all the work.

Hmm. Don’t wish to be negative, but the first scan I’ve opened - the Melody Maker review of The World Won’t Listen - is unreadable on my iPhone. When I zoom in it’s blurry, even after saving it to my photo album.

What dpi did you save these as?

Hmm. Don’t wish to be negative, but the first scan I’ve opened - the Melody Maker review of The World Won’t Listen - is unreadable on my iPhone. When I zoom in it’s blurry, even after saving it to my photo album.

What dpi did you save these as?

This looks fine on a laptop.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom