If Smiths don't reform, and there is no Moz & Marr side project, will Moz sign with a minor label ?

If Smiths don't reform, and there is no Moz & Marr side project, will Moz sign with a minor labe

• Total voters
Re: If Smiths don't reform, and there is no Moz & Marr side project, will Moz sign with a minor labe

One could say "only if the label has a great distribution network." There can be argued a few advantages to major labels but the most common mentioned seems to be distribution on all levels (physical/digital). However, this is untrue as it relates to the U.S.A., because the majority of sales came from the deluxe edition that was only available at Best Buy. So, the record store chains (Tower, Virgin, etc.) are gone and have been for a while. Majority of distribution in America is digital...and Indie labels can do that. Contrast this with the U.K. where HMV and others are still in business. Bricks & mortar matter much more there. So, is there a kick ass Indie label in the U.K. that gets their records into shops both big and small AND is able to sell via Amazon their records in the U.S.A. at non-import prices?

Re: If Smiths don't reform, and there is no Moz & Marr side project, will Moz sign with a minor labe

Do like the Trashcan Sinatras just did.

Marr having to advertise guitars/clothing and all manner of rubbish to stay afloat, and effectively release stuff independently,

Um, Johnny's last two solo albums were released by Warners. Not too sure how that equates to 'independant'.

I take issue with this.

1)You don't think he will have trouble finding one with a major when he has already been on every major label and burned every bridge? This has been documented in hundreds of news links.
2) The Harvest contract that he probably breached (yes I said that) also must have spelled out what needed to be done. What needs to be done what Moz actually does are totally different things!

I had actually thought Harvest were a smaller label, then I looked them up! Ha ha - silly me!!!

But I have to agree with you, I'd heard that Morrissey has struggled for years now to get anybody to go near him, as he is just so difficult to work with.

I think he should just swallow the pride and go on his own label, but I remember him saying that he would never do that as he was too traditional.

So probably everybody loses.

Scoring in 2015?....

15429910733_ba4b225bda_o.jpg

or maybe...

15863564379_6f866119ea_o.jpg

;)

Um, Johnny's last two solo albums were released by Warners. Not too sure how that equates to 'independant'.

this.

the condom should say rubber ring though either works

Back
Top Bottom