If Moz gave you the mic

Neader

"Take me out tonight"
What song would you ask him to play?

According to a comment on the main page he did this last night.

I think I'd ask for Please Please Please or Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself.

This is with regards to his recent set lists, I'd ask for other songs but since he's already playing them it'd be pointless.

What would you choose?

Last edited:
I'd be too nervous. I typically blank when shit like that happens.

But, if I could manage, I'd probably request "Our Frank" or something else that would most likely just piss him off...

I just realized Asleep would be perfect, even though it probably wouldn't happen since he's never played it live and they wouldn't really be ready.

Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together. This is the only live performance I'm aware of, mostly ruined by stage invaders, and I'd love to see a more recent one in better quality :

Last edited by a moderator:
I just realized Asleep would be perfect, even though it probably wouldn't happen since he's never played it live and they wouldn't really be ready.

The Smiths played Asleep in Inverness in 1985. You can get the song on various bootlegs :)
There are also various soundchecks of them performing it live also before the gig :)

In 2009 in Hamburg - After the bloody Heckler Story - he gave me the Mic and
asked me what i wanted to hear.... I said Shame Is The Name - After that he smiled at me and said: hmm, Nobody likes the song... For me it's a little nice story.

In 2009 in Hamburg - After the bloody Heckler Story - he gave me the Mic and
asked me what i wanted to hear.... I said Shame Is The Name - After that he smiled at me and said: hmm, Nobody likes the song... For me it's a little nice story.

Is this true?

If he meant this and wasn't joking, he seems to be unable to judge the quality of his own songs. He releases shite like Throwing My Arms Around Paris, but buries Shame is the Name on a b-side...

Is this true?

If he meant this and wasn't joking, he seems to be unable to judge the quality of his own songs. He releases shite like Throwing My Arms Around Paris, but buries Shame is the Name on a b-side.

Throwing My Arms Around Paris is not a masterpiece, but it's quite nice song.

I like Shame Is The Name, but it doesn't fit in the album that's why released as a B side of a single.

Throwing My Arms Around Paris is not a masterpiece, but it's quite nice song.

I like Shame Is The Name, but it doesn't fit in the album that's why released as a B side of a single.

Shame is the Name could easily replace One Day Goodbye blah blah blah blah on the album. Something Something Something Paris isn't even that good of a song. It says nothing to me about my life.

Shame is the Name could easily replace One Day Goodbye blah blah blah blah on the album. Something Something Something Paris isn't even that good of a song. It says nothing to me about my life.

Yeah, I agree - Shame in the Name is an absolute corker of a song. One of his very best since 2,000. Love the windswept harmonica, the piano melody, the Chrissie Hynde backing vocals - even the lyrics are top-notch. Should definitely have been on the album.
I don't mind Arms Around Paris - it's an ok single (and I enjoyed hearing it on the 2011 tour) but Shame is better.

I'd probably go blank and end up requesting "Free bird"... or just squeak.
Nah I'd request 'Seasick, yet still docked' or 'Sunny'.

Back
Top Bottom