IANADOAC 2nd week UK charts

I Am Not A Dog On A Chain has dropped from #3 in its first week in the Top 100 Albums to out in its second week.

Also:
Dropped from #1 to #16 in the Official Physical Albums Chart Top 100
Dropped from #1 to #8 in the Official Independent Albums Chart Top 50
Dropped from #2 to #26 in the Official Vinyl Albums Chart Top 40

Related item:

Good lord Thewlis, I like you. And I’m sure we both can agree when I say.. this could have been an album that sold thousands if there wasn’t a pandemic and he was able to support the album by touring(show reviews,etc).

Fixed that for you.

:tiphat:

The same old people focusing on the album no longer being in the chart, whilst trying to airbrush from history the fact that it got to #3 in the first place. Sad!

There are plenty of other great artists who have never troubled the top 3 in their entire career, let alone at the age of 60.

Haters gonna hate.

No, there's no need to put you on ignore, you are so insignificant that it's no effort at all simply to skip over your negligible little comments.

Lol you're just an old ho with a hoe.
Fak arf grammah. Tescos are looking for stackers, go do your bit old c***.

This is nothing new. Historically, even in the days of the Smiths the chart placing on the first week would usually be high - then it would fall. Regardless of what anyone says, the album is a success, so stop f***ing whining about it.

This time last week, people around here were beaming and windmilling over chart positions.

Now - faced with facts - they’re hurling weak, personal insults at the one’s who know.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Morrissey fans. :)

Whilst it's disappointing that it was only in the charts for a week, it's not as if it sneaked in at #97.

It reached #3. That is not the mark of a man whose fanbase have deserted him.

Some fans have left, but they aren't particularly relevant.

This is nothing new. Historically, even in the days of the Smiths the chart placing on the first week would usually be high - then it would fall. Regardless of what anyone says, the album is a success, so stop f***ing whining about it.

Correct.

The Smiths also had some pretty dire singles chart placings.

Now we have the same old haters trying to spin the group's now 60-year-old former lead singer (over thirty years into his solo career) as being some kind of failure because his most recent offering reached #3 and then dropped out of the chart.

If you could tell a 28-year-old Morrissey, still reeling from the break-up of The Smiths, that he'd still have a top #3 album in the year 2020 then I suspect he'd be both astonished and delighted.

Correct.

The Smiths also had some pretty dire singles chart placings.

Now we have the same old haters trying to spin the group's now 60-year-old former lead singer (over thirty years into his solo career) as being some kind of failure because his most recent offering reached #3 and then dropped out of the chart.

If you could tell a 28-year-old Morrissey, still reeling from the break-up of The Smiths, that he'd still have a top #3 album in the year 2020 then I suspect he'd be both astonished and delighted.

Best reply of the day.

The same old people focusing on the album no longer being in the chart, whilst trying to airbrush from history the fact that it got to #3 in the first place. Sad!

There are plenty of other great artists who have never troubled the top 3 in their entire career, let alone at the age of 60.

Haters gonna hate.
Felchers gonna felch.

Whilst it's disappointing that it was only in the charts for a week, it's not as if it sneaked in at #97.

It's the mark of someone who only has his fanbase.
As opposed to what?
More general appeal.

giphy.gif

Same old unfunny claptrap from the resident creep.Take your freakshow dialogue and shove up your filthy ass!
Never a fact in response. ...just more weak, personally directed insult.

Not a bloody thing to offer, or back up the pap you DO post, are there?

sure everybody that left because they dont want to support a racist anymore is not particularly relevant anymore. *facepalm

No doubt his best album in over a decade. Didn’t chart in the USA and from number 3 in the uk to out of the top 100 in a week. No doubt due to his right wing politics, racist views, and misogynist views.

As long as he continues to express these views, he is done and should be. Like I said a few weeks ago, this album won’t sell 10.000 copies worldwide. Period. But if he is happy sticking to his guns, so to speak, he will harvest what he sows.

He has already sold his back catalogue to BMG, so he has nothing to offer a new label and won’t get a new deal. His future? Touring endlessly to make a buck. Jimmy Somerville style. Poor old fool.

Hopefully he has saved his money. Can live off Smiths royalties and has a cellar full of vodka, cheese, and rent boys to get him through the void.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom